Looking for Power Wagon (Or Simular) 12K Winch (@ lower $)

Buy / Sell / Trade - Got something to get rid of, or are looking for something specific?
Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Looking for Power Wagon (Or Simular) 12K Winch (@ lower $)

Post by Rob-Pod » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm pretty sure I will never actually need to use
the winch, but I'd like to have one on my truck.

I'm looking for a Good 12K Winch for my 05.
(It doesn't have to be the Factory Winch)
I'm located Near Philadelphia Pa (19078 Zip).

Thanx,
Rob

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Looking for Power Wagon (Or Simular) 12K Winch (@ lower

Post by RAM4ROKS » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:40 am

Are you making a mount for it? The reason I ask is- I really doubt it's possible to fit anything other than the factory winch into the factory mount. Our factory winch rotates the opposite direction of any winch I have seen and is made specific to our trucks. I'd be curious to see if anyone has gotten any other winch to work.

If you are making a mount, a decent (and WAY cheaper than original) winch choice would be a Warn VR12000. I bought one to setup as a rear mount winch. IIRC I got it for $615, I got a discount from my old job. I think the cheapest regular price on one is $650+.(you'll have to shop around a bit though, a quick google search showed them at $799) Still, for a 12k winch from a quality manufacturer, that's not a bad price!

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Take a little time and shop around on ebay & craigslist for a used complete 3G OEM set-up, it'll make for an easier install.
2005 Power Wagon

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:30 pm

cruz wrote:Take a little time and shop around on ebay & craigslist for a used complete 3G OEM set-up, it'll make for an easier install.
I've been searching. Really haven't found anything (that the seller was willing to ship)
RAM4ROKS wrote:Are you making a mount for it? The reason I ask is- I really doubt it's possible to fit anything other than the factory winch into the factory mount. Our factory winch rotates the opposite direction of any winch I have seen and is made specific to our trucks. I'd be curious to see if anyone has gotten any other winch to work.

If you are making a mount, a decent (and WAY cheaper than original) winch choice would be a Warn VR12000. I bought one to setup as a rear mount winch. IIRC I got it for $615, I got a discount from my old job. I think the cheapest regular price on one is $650+.(you'll have to shop around a bit though, a quick google search showed them at $799) Still, for a 12k winch from a quality manufacturer, that's not a bad price!
I have my 32" Light bar in the stock location. I'd have mine a few inches lower. Exiting thru the center of the bumper.
$600 to $800 is to rich for my blood, since I don't think I will every really need/get to use it.

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Got 1!