Anyone use a Shocker Hitch?

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Anyone use a Shocker Hitch?

Post by EasyDoesIt » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm

While doing some late night research I found the shocker hitch advertised. Has anyone used it? I'm curious on how it would handle washboard roads and generally shitty dirt roads.

Is it a gimmick or does it actually significantly reduce the shock from your trailer to tow vehicle?

https://shockerhitch.com/

And of course now it keeps popping up on my Instagram feed 🤦
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Anyone use a Shocker Hitch?

Post by Bill2014 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:34 am

It won't work well for me - even though they do have support for 16,000 pounds. For starters you need to adjust the air pressure based on your load. My dump trailer tongue weight varies all over the place depending on what I'm hauling. Also, when i dump, I occasionally will get significant lift on the ball (over 2000 pounds upward). I've had it pick up the rear end of the Power Wagon and move it more than a foot sideways. :wink: Not sure how high the ball is gonna flip up under negative tongue weight!

When I'm moving my other toys around, I do get a lot of shock front to rear due to the engaging and releasing of the surge brakes. If I take off from a stop light with my boat, i feel a strong jolt when the pulse bakes fully disengage - This shocker hitch doesn't really do that much to help with the shocks in these directions.

The up and down motion that these Shocker hitches could potentially help with, is already being essentially accommodated for by the truck rear springs :rockon:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by EasyDoesIt » Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Bill2014 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:34 am
It won't work well for me - even though they do have support for 16,000 pounds. For starters you need to adjust the air pressure based on your load. My dump trailer tongue weight varies all over the place depending on what I'm hauling. Also, when i dump, I occasionally will get significant lift on the ball (over 2000 pounds upward). I've had it pick up the rear end of the Power Wagon and move it more than a foot sideways. :wink: Not sure how high the ball is gonna flip up under negative tongue weight!

When I'm moving my other toys around, I do get a lot of shock front to rear due to the engaging and releasing of the surge brakes. If I take off from a stop light with my boat, i feel a strong jolt when the pulse bakes fully disengage - This shocker hitch doesn't really do that much to help with the shocks in these directions.

The up and down motion that these Shocker hitches could potentially help with, is already being essentially accommodated for by the truck rear springs :rockon:
I hear ya. I think it's trying to fix a problem that only affects a small percentage of people.

After looking into it more it looks like it would be a low point and drag anytime I crossed any type of small ravine or larger dirt/Rock Hill.

I'll stick with the traditional setup.

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by EasyDoesIt » Sun May 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:42 am
GEN-Y Hitch offers multiple torsion systems that include a built in tongue weight scale.
Here's a link to their Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbGOc ... CpcLkRsBRg
Definitely looking into that. Thanks man