Tazer RAM

Discussions including Electrical / Lighting & Accessories / Onboard Air
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Tazer RAM

Post by olyelr » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Just wanted to give a little feedback on this unit, as I have not heard much info on it.

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-ram/

I have had it for a little while now and it seems to be a very nifty little tool. I originally had an issue with the tire size change function, which was quickly taken care of by simply texting the support team, updating the Tazer unit, and re-marrying it to my truck. Their support team was excellent in my situation (Im not sure who I was texting back and forth, but they were very quick to reply).

It does many typical functions that most tuners can do, and also some that other tuners cant do (that I am aware of anyway). Like raising the idle to 2000 RPM for winching purposes (just by pressing a few buttons on the steering wheel). It apparently can fully disable traction control nannies, although I have not used it (I have the by-pass switch already). The one big kicker about this unit... rumor has it they are going to update it to have full control over the lockers and sway bar - in any mode/speed/range etc., using the factory knob/buttons. They have already done it for the Jeep JL Rubicon, said it was easy to do, and told me they didn't see why they couldn't do it for the power wagon. All they need to do is get there paws on a power wagon for a day or so. And then once they figure it out they will simply have an update to download for the unit.

Anyway, I will update this when I learn more about it. :cheers:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Bigdodge

Re: Tazer RAM

Post by Bigdodge » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:45 am

That would definitely make it worth while in my opinion. I have always avoided the tazr because it just seemed to lack enough usable options for me personally but that would sell it for me. Can it be used safely with a Diablo tune, if u know?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Tazer RAM

Post by olyelr » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Bigdodge wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:45 am
That would definitely make it worth while in my opinion. I have always avoided the tazr because it just seemed to lack enough usable options for me personally but that would sell it for me. Can it be used safely with a Diablo tune, if u know?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I honestly have no clue if it works with other tuners. I have never used tuners before, and this is my first go-round with a gadget like this.

A call or email in would probably get an answer fairly quick though.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot: