2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:32 am

RustyPW wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 am
DamageWagon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 pm
All that said, if you want a double beadlock, both Hutchinson and TR make them, I’m not sure who else. Hutchinson makes the split-center style. TR makes both split-center and they make an insert that goes with their standard ring-style. Hutchinson is MUCH cheaper for a double beadlock!
I was just wondering about the doubles. The more info, the better.
I called Hutchinson last week, they make two offsets for 8on6.5; 10mm and -10mm. Unfortunately if those two sizes won't work that's all Hutchinson offers. I really wanted a set because I hate dealing with water and mud in the wheel but I needed something different.

I looked at all of the usual suspects and ended up back at TR because they have the best reputation/reviews at a decent price. Also, Damage Wagon was willing to set up a dealer account so I could order a set of wheels. Give him a call, he's easy to work with and will treat you right. There isn't much money in TR wheels which is why you see them all priced the same. DW has some good things in the works!

13powerwagon
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by 13powerwagon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 am

Why not just order through trail ready’s website?
2013 tradesman
Thuren 2” coils, track bar, short arms, 2.5 Kings, axle truss, LT leafs, shackles and front bumper. Carli ball joints, 37” dynapro mts on stock wheels, purple cranium dif covers, maple offroad skid, offset rear cross bar, sliders and high clearance rear bumper.

KevinABQ
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by KevinABQ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:05 am

The 2 piece seem easier to do tire repair in the field. Are they?
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline, 37 Toyo MT.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:23 am

13powerwagon wrote:Why not just order through trail ready’s website?
You can always do that!

I became a dealer after Reloaderguy asked, because their products plug into my company and I wanted to be able to offer them. I’m here to spend time helping answer questions, help with selection, and I can usually save the guys here some money. Good for you, good for me! I generally end up spending a lot of time working with people to figure out their best solution, especially with suspension.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:24 am

KevinABQ wrote:The 2 piece seem easier to do tire repair in the field. Are they?
I would not be disassembling a wheel in the dirt. Tire repair kits can fix the tire from the outside. Only the big patches like you’d get a tire shop to install require removing the tire. If you get a flat from more than an easily repaired puncture you’re just going to put the spare tire on.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm

13powerwagon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 am
Because Marcus is good to do business with and saving a few bucks is nice too.

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:46 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:24 am
KevinABQ wrote:The 2 piece seem easier to do tire repair in the field. Are they?
I would not be disassembling a wheel in the dirt. Tire repair kits can fix the tire from the outside. Only the big patches like you’d get a tire shop to install require removing the tire. If you get a flat from more than an easily repaired puncture you’re just going to put the spare tire on.
This is 100% correct ^^^
I own several sets of Hutchinson’s for different vehicles, my truck, one of my jeeps, and on my m35a2. If you’re motivated and know what you’re doing, you can break a wheel down and disassemble in 5-10 minutes easily.

For normal circumstances Marcus nailed it, if a tire plug won’t fix it, time to swap the spare on.

If you’re in some extended back country situation, you can pretty easily break it down and repair from the inside should you need to. I carry the equipment and supplies to do large internal patches and sew sidewalls etc. if I’m on a wheeling trip.

The only thing to really look out for on the Hutchinson’s is to carry a spare oring or two if you think it’s a possibility to break down a wheel in the bush. They are reusable but if it gets pinched or mangled you’re up shit creek. So carry spares.

Don’t take them apart unless they’re deflated. Ever.

Buy a pair of tyre pliers if you want to field service wheels and tires. With them life is easy. Without you’re going to make sailors blush with your swearing
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm
13powerwagon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 am
Because Marcus is good to do business with and saving a few bucks is nice too.
I second that as a guy who let him sleep on my couch. :lol:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:53 pm

It was a comfy couch...

KevinABQ
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by KevinABQ » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:01 am

Colibri wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:46 pm
DamageWagon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:24 am
This is 100% correct ^^^
I own several sets of Hutchinson’s for different vehicles, my truck, one of my jeeps, and on my m35a2. If you’re motivated and know what you’re doing, you can break a wheel down and disassemble in 5-10 minutes easily.

For normal circumstances Marcus nailed it, if a tire plug won’t fix it, time to swap the spare on.

If you’re in some extended back country situation, you can pretty easily break it down and repair from the inside should you need to. I carry the equipment and supplies to do large internal patches and sew sidewalls etc. if I’m on a wheeling trip.

The only thing to really look out for on the Hutchinson’s is to carry a spare oring or two if you think it’s a possibility to break down a wheel in the bush. They are reusable but if it gets pinched or mangled you’re up shit creek. So carry spares.

Don’t take them apart unless they’re deflated. Ever.

Buy a pair of tyre pliers if you want to field service wheels and tires. With them life is easy. Without you’re going to make sailors blush with your swearing
I destroyed a tire and got a flat on another in Moab. Made it back to town, but the expressway drive was not fun with a continuous slow leak and a compressor that kept going into thermal shutdown. So the thought crossed my mind...
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline, 37 Toyo MT.