Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:23 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Knoxville, TN

Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Shaved Ice » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:22 am

I am interested in Hutchinson Beadlocks but I am concerned about the offset. Does anyone have these mounted on their Power Wagon? I am especially interested in pics showing how far the wheels stick out.
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by olyelr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:55 am

Look at pics of the AEV wheels (since there are zillions of them). They basically have the identical backspacing (the hutchinsons will stick out .03 inches more than the AEV).
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by olyelr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:11 am

I am pretty sure this older power wagon concept has Hutchinsons on it.
Attachments
F0BC911C-F1C3-4B12-B44C-8C4FC5EF5BF5.jpeg
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by olyelr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:16 am

Here is another.
Attachments
8F7B9BD6-3D15-414F-8F21-85D05034A5C3.jpeg
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
BoldAdventure
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2140
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:23 am
Model Year: 2015
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by BoldAdventure » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 am

Have you looked at the Trailready Beadlocks? This is pretty much the direction I am going next year.

Image


Image

Image
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1609
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:44 pm
Model Year: 2009

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Colibri » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:38 am

I’m surprised to hear that mikekey, with all the rock crawling you do I’d have thought the double beadlock would be more appealing to you. I have trailreadys on another vehicle and they’re awesome, but you can still loose an inner bead aired down and off camber. They’re more of a go fast wheel in my opinion, but too each his own I guess
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Model Year: 2015
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Low_Sky » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Colibri wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:38 am
I’m surprised to hear that mikekey, with all the rock crawling you do I’d have thought the double beadlock would be more appealing to you. I have trailreadys on another vehicle and they’re awesome, but you can still loose an inner bead aired down and off camber. They’re more of a go fast wheel in my opinion, but too each his own I guess
Lifetime warranty, bro! When it's beadlock time over here, they'll be TRs.
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:23 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Shaved Ice » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 am

olyelr wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:11 am
I am pretty sure this older power wagon concept has Hutchinsons on it.
Thank you!
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

User avatar
BoldAdventure
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2140
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:23 am
Model Year: 2015
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by BoldAdventure » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:09 am

Low_Sky wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:31 pm
Colibri wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:38 am
I’m surprised to hear that mikekey, with all the rock crawling you do I’d have thought the double beadlock would be more appealing to you. I have trailreadys on another vehicle and they’re awesome, but you can still loose an inner bead aired down and off camber. They’re more of a go fast wheel in my opinion, but too each his own I guess
Lifetime warranty, bro! When it's beadlock time over here, they'll be TRs.
Yup, hard to beat that honestly. The factory wheel has never failed me once. I've given a lot of thought to not even running beadlocks. I was telling DamageWagon that I think I'll be running two sets of tires next year. A rock-crawling setup for those times I go out and do that, and my rest of the time setup on OE Wheels, probably moving to something like the Toyo RT for that. Fact is, as awesome as I'd like to pretend I am, I drive a hell of a lot more miles on pavement than off. Heck, just this last weekend we drove over 1200 miles out to Yellowstone, the Bear Tooth Highway to Redlodge and all the way back to Boise over 3 days. And that's a pretty regular occurrence for me. I'm murdering my MT's.

Getting 30k out of a set of tires is unrealistic for myself.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

User avatar
Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2057
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:06 am
Model Year: 2016
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:43 pm

My RT's would easily go 40k miles if I left them on that long. You'd probably really like a set of Creepy Crawlers Comps on double beadlocks. I don't see you breaking a wheel how you use your truck so the lifetime warranty probably has very little actual value. Carrying around five extra wheels and tries sounds like a PITA.
Best Year Power Wagon

User avatar
BoldAdventure
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2140
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:23 am
Model Year: 2015
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by BoldAdventure » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:43 pm
My RT's would easily go 40k miles if I left them on that long. You'd probably really like a set of Creepy Crawlers Comps on double beadlocks. I don't see you breaking a wheel how you use your truck so the lifetime warranty probably has very little actual value. Carrying around five extra wheels and tries sounds like a PITA.
I wouldn't carry them around. I'm literally thinking of keeping a set in the garage for the trips that are specifically going to be rock crawling. And running the primary set all the other time. If I'm going to Moab or over to Truckee I'll put on the beadlocks before I leave.

Otherwise, something like the RT's would be on the rest of the time. That's also why just getting another set of OE's is pretty attractive. I mainly want beadlocks just to have beadlocks.

:popcorn:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1609
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:44 pm
Model Year: 2009

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Colibri » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:13 pm

The rt is one hell of a good tire
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by adeluca73 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 am

Colibri wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:13 pm
The rt is one hell of a good tire
I have been really please with my RT clone Ridge Grapplers, 2yrs on them now, not a ton of miles, maybe 12K or so. Quiet, tough, comfortable on the road, a little stiff in the ruts, but I should’ve aired down more than 15psi
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by olyelr » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:36 am

adeluca73 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 am
Colibri wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:13 pm
The rt is one hell of a good tire
I have been really please with my RT clone Ridge Grapplers, 2yrs on them now, not a ton of miles, maybe 12K or so. Quiet, tough, comfortable on the road, a little stiff in the ruts, but I should’ve aired down more than 15psi
You went down to 15psi and should have went more, or you only went down 15psi from full?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by adeluca73 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 pm

olyelr wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:36 am
adeluca73 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 am
Colibri wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:13 pm
The rt is one hell of a good tire
I have been really please with my RT clone Ridge Grapplers, 2yrs on them now, not a ton of miles, maybe 12K or so. Quiet, tough, comfortable on the road, a little stiff in the ruts, but I should’ve aired down more than 15psi
You went down to 15psi and should have went more, or you only went down 15psi from full?
From 50ish - 15psi to around 35psi, it’s what I set my ARB deflator to. Not enough, should’ve been around 20-25psi
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by olyelr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:37 am

adeluca73 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 pm


From 50ish - 15psi to around 35psi, it’s what I set my ARB deflator to. Not enough, should’ve been around 20-25psi
Ah yes, gotchya. Yea, I am sure you could safetly go much lower with the 37’s. I have had my factory duratracs down to 18-20 without having an issue yet. But that is getting sketchy. I would suspect those Nittos could fairly easily handle 15 under our pigs on certain trails.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by RustyPW » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:44 pm

What's the opinions on Raceline beadlocks? I was looking at these.

https://www.racelinewheels.com/p-1540-r ... locks.aspx
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, 14,000 lb Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2057
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:06 am
Model Year: 2016
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:26 pm

RustyPW wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:44 pm
What's the opinions on Raceline beadlocks? I was looking at these.

https://www.racelinewheels.com/p-1540-r ... locks.aspx
Lots of reviews about quality problems.
Best Year Power Wagon

User avatar
DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2025
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 am
Model Year: 2011

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Affordable for middle-quality beadlocks. Very popular. Low pressure cast. Haven’t heard of issues with them and seem to not have the problems of the Methods (Methods have a reputation for clamp rings ripping off). I have a buddy deal for Racelines and I just became a dealer for Trail Ready, and it is surprising how close in price they are. TR’s are pretty much top-tier, made in USA, counter-pressure cast beadlocks, 2-3 times the strength.

No need for forged unless you’re a trophy level racer.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by RustyPW » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:31 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 pm
Affordable for middle-quality beadlocks. Very popular. Low pressure cast. Haven’t heard of issues with them and seem to not have the problems of the Methods (Methods have a reputation for clamp rings ripping off). I have a buddy deal for Racelines and I just became a dealer for Trail Ready, and it is surprising how close in price they are. TR’s are pretty much top-tier, made in USA, counter-pressure cast beadlocks, 2-3 times the strength.

No need for forged unless you’re a trophy level racer.
I'm looking for something in the 17x9 range, with about 5" to 4.75 backspacing. Who makes a double beadlock?
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, 14,000 lb Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2025
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 am
Model Year: 2011

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:58 pm

RustyPW wrote:
DamageWagon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 pm
Affordable for middle-quality beadlocks. Very popular. Low pressure cast. Haven’t heard of issues with them and seem to not have the problems of the Methods (Methods have a reputation for clamp rings ripping off). I have a buddy deal for Racelines and I just became a dealer for Trail Ready, and it is surprising how close in price they are. TR’s are pretty much top-tier, made in USA, counter-pressure cast beadlocks, 2-3 times the strength.

No need for forged unless you’re a trophy level racer.
I'm looking for something in the 17x9 range, with about 5" to 4.75 backspacing. Who makes a double beadlock?
The TR’s are 17x8.5 and have standard backspaces or can be made with any custom backspace if you want. Pretty much all the beadlock mfg’s have 17x8.5/9 wheels with a 4-4.5 backspace option.

Double beadlocks I have heard unanimously from the people I trust, are pretty much exclusively for bias ply tires that need extra help sealing the inside bead. Even rock crawling it’s the outer bead in the downhill side that gets the most load. Trail Ready and Hutchinson make double beadlocks. TR does not advertise them and the owner said they are really only made for guys running the bias ply’s.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by RustyPW » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:01 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:58 pm
RustyPW wrote:
DamageWagon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 pm
Affordable for middle-quality beadlocks. Very popular. Low pressure cast. Haven’t heard of issues with them and seem to not have the problems of the Methods (Methods have a reputation for clamp rings ripping off). I have a buddy deal for Racelines and I just became a dealer for Trail Ready, and it is surprising how close in price they are. TR’s are pretty much top-tier, made in USA, counter-pressure cast beadlocks, 2-3 times the strength.

No need for forged unless you’re a trophy level racer.
I'm looking for something in the 17x9 range, with about 5" to 4.75 backspacing. Who makes a double beadlock?
The TR’s are 17x8.5 and have standard backspaces or can be made with any custom backspace if you want. Pretty much all the beadlock mfg’s have 17x8.5/9 wheels with a 4-4.5 backspace option.

Double beadlocks I have heard unanimously from the people I trust, are pretty much exclusively for bias ply tires that need extra help sealing the inside bead. Even rock crawling it’s the outer bead in the downhill side that gets the most load. Trail Ready and Hutchinson make double beadlocks. TR does not advertise them and the owner said they are really only made for guys running the bias ply’s.
Good info.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, 14,000 lb Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2025
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 am
Model Year: 2011

Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 pm

All that said, if you want a double beadlock, both Hutchinson and TR make them, I’m not sure who else. Hutchinson makes the split-center style. TR makes both split-center and they make an insert that goes with their standard ring-style. Hutchinson is MUCH cheaper for a double beadlock!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by RustyPW » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 am

DamageWagon wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 pm
All that said, if you want a double beadlock, both Hutchinson and TR make them, I’m not sure who else. Hutchinson makes the split-center style. TR makes both split-center and they make an insert that goes with their standard ring-style. Hutchinson is MUCH cheaper for a double beadlock!
I was just wondering about the doubles. The more info, the better.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, 14,000 lb Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2025
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 am
Model Year: 2011

Re: Any Pics of Hutchinson Wheels?

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:55 am

There’s two types of double-beadlock. A two-piece wheel style (this is what Hutchinson’s are) with an internal clamp ring. And standard single-piece beadlock wheels with an internal clamp ring (the DIY double beadlocks I’ve seen are like this).

Two-piece wheels are heavier, easier to assemble, and can be better at shedding water/mud from inside the wheel than single piece wheels.

Single-piece wheels as a double beadlock are lighter, can be cheaper in DIY form

Post Reply