Tire Feedback

bstefanic
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Tire Feedback

Post by bstefanic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Was thinking there are a ton of tire threads on here but with most of them are discussions, a lot of guys on here are running a bunch of different types of tires with really good feedback. The point of this thread is simply feedback on tires used so in the future those looking to purchase tires can get straight forward easy to navigate pros/cons of tires to help with the decision. Try to keep it simple with straight forward points

STOCK BFG A/Ts
-Well documented crap

BFG KM2s 37x12.5x17 D Rated
Tire Weight - 74 lbs
Mileage: Roughly 25,000 miles with about 25% tread left although a good amount of chunking
PROS
-Extremely Quiet
-Road smooth as butter
-Easy to balance and never needed rebalance
-Was an all around great off/on road tire never excelling in any one area
CONS
-Was horrible in snow/ice although tire was fairly worn at that point
-D rated tire although had zero issues towing a vehicle cross country twice
-Chunked fairly easy although was used at high speed on rocky desert roads

Final Verdict: Loved the tire while I had it although there is concern with the quality of BFG's, I never experienced any of the problems others have but there is the growing number of issues regarding the brands qualities. Personally, if they made a 13.5" wide KM2 would by them again in a heartbeat
Old '06 PW (Sold)- BDS Long Arm Kit, 37" Interco M16's, ATX Cornice Wheels, DT Pro Fab steering box brace, Dynatrac Ball Joints, SY Eliminated Transfer Case, Custom Tom Wood's DS, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs

'13 Cummins - 4.56s, front ARB locker, Thuren Alien Arms, Stage 6 king 3.0's, LT leafs, 40"s on Trail Ready's

bstefanic
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Tire Feedback

Post by bstefanic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:40 pm

INTERCO SS-M16 37x13.5x17 E Rated
Tire Weight - 80 lbs

Mileage: Seeming to wear fairly quickly, only have about 2000 miles on them so far but some of the wear could be attributed to balancing/alignment issues
PROS
-Mud tire for sure as to be expected with an Interco Tire although have not had them long enough to really put them through their paces
-Look great
-E Rated

CONS
-Extremely difficult to properly balance, you're local tire shop is not going to be handling these
-Seemingly wearing quite fast although as previously stated could be as a result of other issues...updates to follow
-These bad boys howl, I actually enjoy the sound but I'm guessing most would consider this to be a CON
-The tread gaps are so wide that they actually pick up good size rocks which get stuck in them....took me a week to finally realize where the noise was coming from

Final Verdict: If I can solve the quick wearing issues, which I actually think is due to something regarding my truck since only the front tires are wearing fast...I love these tires. They require a ridiculous amount of work to get them to run properly, if you don't have a very good 4x4 shop with experience on balancing large not very round tires I would highly recommend against these. That being said, I've been using these tires more as an all around tire, towing another vehicle for 600 miles recently and had zero problems. Unfortunately I've had much less time using them off road than I would have liked to, but in the limited times I have been able to use them off road they instill an amazing amount of confidence and work great. Would 100% buy them again as long as I can get the tread wear under contol.
Old '06 PW (Sold)- BDS Long Arm Kit, 37" Interco M16's, ATX Cornice Wheels, DT Pro Fab steering box brace, Dynatrac Ball Joints, SY Eliminated Transfer Case, Custom Tom Wood's DS, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs

'13 Cummins - 4.56s, front ARB locker, Thuren Alien Arms, Stage 6 king 3.0's, LT leafs, 40"s on Trail Ready's

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:49 am

First off, I'm very rough on tires. The truck gets used hard...

Ditto on the stock BFG AT - horrible tires... Got rid of them less than two weeks after buying the truck. The rears were shreaded...

Goodyear MT/R K 315/70-17 D rated.

Pros:
Best traction I've had on the truck in all conditions. Toughest tire as well - sidewalls are damn near bullet proof. Took a beating with just rounded corners to show for it.

Cons:
Got 11k on the set before they cupped so bad, they were replaced. The odd wear was due to mounting opposite of the recommended direction. The photo shows how they were installed. Hard to balance - always had a shake.
Engineer Pass 1.jpg

BFG KM2 35/12.5-17 D rated

Pros:
Even wear, relatively quiet.

Cons:
Worst tire for traction I've had on the truck. They didn't do well in anything...

Too soft a tire for my use. Airing down to much below 20 PSI resulted in loosing the outer bead in snow/mud. Tires tended to bottom out at that pressure too.

They chunked up baddly. Replaced after 14K.

I also experienced tread squirm when towing with roughly 400 lbs tongue weight and about a 7k load (tandem axle car hauler with a Dodge 1500 on it). Tire pressure was at max.

Nitro Trails 35/12.5-17 (actually much closer to a 35/13.5-17) E rated.

Pros:
Second best traction of the group of tires.

Almost as tough as the MT/R K's. They showed some chunking.

Good for heavy towing - it's a solid tire.

Cons:

As these wore to about 50% tread they got a progressively worse left hand pull. At 13K it was so bad they had to go. If you let go to the wheel, it would change lanes in about 4 seconds.

Toyo AT2 Xtreme 35/12.5-17 E rated. Currently on the truck.

Pros:

Round, almost no weight to balance, good wear (17K on a set of 5), great traction for an AT, but not up to the MT/R or Nitto, but better than the BFG in all conditions. Tough sidewalls. Great for towing - very stable. Light chunking - much less than expected.

Cons:

None as of yet. I'll buy another set.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
I'm just along for the ride...

JBM Power Wagon
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by JBM Power Wagon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 am

Stock BFG AT's:
-Same as others have said, crap tires. Horrible in ice, snow and mud.

Kelly Safari TSR in 315/70/17:

Pros:
-They are quiet on the highway considering the hybrid tread design. A little louder than the stock BFG's but nowhere near a loud mud tire.
-Made by Goodyear (quite similar to the Duratrac) and in Canada are sold in at Fountain Tire which are everywhere.
-Very good traction in deep snow (much like the Duratrac).
-Decent traction on ice. They seem to have a softer tread compound that helps in this area.
-Wear is OK, have 20,000 miles on them now and best guess is could get up to 60,000 miles if you really pushed them.
-Have no chunking from rocks at all yet, however have only done one rock wheeling trip and it was in a dry river bed so the rocks were not that sharp.
-In mud they are just about as good as a full mid terrain tire, and clean out well with wheel speed in all but the thickest goo.

Cons:
-Only load range D. For some this is an issue. I haul heavy loads and tow a travel trailer and have never had any issues myself. Also, they don't have super tough sidewalls, but I also don't live in an area where that is a huge concern.
-They can be tough to balance. When I first had them put on my 2011 I had to take them back to get 2 of them balanced better. After 1 year of driving I could still notice one wasn't quite right. When they got moved to my 2014 the shop did a better job, but they did use a decent amount of weight.
-They are not snowflake rated. Even though they are built by Goodyear and very similar to the Duratrac they don't have the same amount of siping. However they are about 20% less in price than the Duratrac which is snowflake rated.
Loving my 3/4 ton version of my old Jeep TJ!!!!!

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 pm

The OEM BFG's
Sucked and even for what I consider light duty off road. They chunked and were horrible in deep sand (sugar sand). They sucked in anything even close to being classified as mud.

I then got a set of 35" D rated Yokohama AT-S and sold the BFG's
I got them used from a friend locally off his Thuren/Carli equipped diesel truck. He went to Toyo MT in a 37" on H2 wheels but switched back to OEM wheels very quickly due to fender rub. He did say he felt there was a huge trade off in ride, noise and traction going to the Toyo MT and was not too sure it was worth the small benefits in durability he gained.

Pros:
Great wet road traction. Best AT tire I have ever seen in sand when aired down (20 PSI). Great ride both on and off road. Lightest 35" or 37" AT tire out there (about equal to the 33" OEM BFG's). As such acceleration and braking was slightly more responsive than my Toyo's. Good dry road traction. Seemed to wear well and were very quiet with regular tire rotation. In a 35" they looked just barely aggressive enough to do okay in mud (I avoid all mud if possible). Overall I really liked the tire but wanted a little tougher carcass for heavy hauling and such. If I go to a 37" this Yokohama tire is going to be my choice.

Con's: There were really none for me as I do not do mud. So mud performance is not a concern for me. I guess one could also say they don't do too much for your ego as they are not very aggressive looking with the lack of any real side lugs. While the tire did not chunk the tread did show minor rock scars.

Toyo 35" E rated AT2
This tire is slightly more aggressive looking with the side lug look but in reality is not much more aggressive in the tread than the Yokohama above is. While I like this tire there are a few trade offs going to this tire. I will buy this tire again if my needs do not switch to more recreational use for my truck.

Pro's:
No more squirming around with heavy loads, even @ 40 PSI front and 32 PSI rear for short distances where airing up is not worth it. This tire does a little more for ones ego with the side lug look. Wet and dry traction are okay but nothing close the the Yokohama tire above. They seem to be quiet and wearing well with regular tire rotation. Seemed to do okay in light mud (slightly more sure footed than the Yokohama) . They have yet to chunk anywhere or get a flat. Very good steering response and steering feedback. I would say that it is similar to when one goes to a plus 2 wheel and tire upgrade, you know... like when one goes from a 60 or 70 series 15" tire to a 40 series 17" tire on their compact car.

Con's:
Much rougher (harsher) ride. Not really all that good for sand even when really aired down (15psi). I lost a little more than .5 MPG for in town driving over the Yokohama tires, likely because they are quite a bit heavier tire.

My build 2009 3G
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2305

Beginners reading list:
1) Quigley’s Anglo-American Establishment – 354 pages http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/the_a ... shment.pdf
2) Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton 165 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... tion-5.pdf
3) Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler by Antony C. Sutton 148 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... Hitler.pdf
4) Wall Street and FDR by Antony C. Sutton 177 pages http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125049.pdf
5) Dishonest Money by Joseph Plummer 175 pages http://joeplummer.com/dishonest-money.html
6) None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen 197 pages http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/libra ... y_1971.pdf
David Rockefeller: Memoirs (The story of traitors)
http://www.devvy.com/pdf/2006_November/ ... rnment.pdf

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 pm

goodyear mt/r k..in 285
pros:
-good off road,logging roads,grass field…didnt use them in mud or snow and sand..no rocks to crawl here
cons:
-ride was hard..when a misty rain lose traction..and some highway noise

nitto terra.. in 305
pros:
-no noise,good on highway..trails and such..avg 14.2 mpg on highway
cons:
-not good in the snow we had alot this past winter..mud and grass..they rub control arms..have about 15,000 on them ..threads starting to lose their depth

im starting to look for a new set in 35s..reading this will help but theres some many others to choose from..federal,fierce,maxxis,d.c.,etc..would like to go for a m/t...

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by Will » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:11 am

These are what have been on my 2010

1st set Stock BFG’s AT - 1 out of 5 stars

Pros – Good dry asphalt traction..?
Cons – Only lasted 39k miles and was slick as a peeled onion, gummed up in mud, never balanced right, rough ride, noisy considering it to be an AT. Had chunks broken off the outer lugs.

2nd set Fierce Attitude MT (knock off Goodyear Dura-trac) – 35x12.5x17 – 4 out of 5 stars

Pros – Performed well in mud, wet slippery clay, dry road, and wet road. Lasted and amazing 54k miles and still sold them for $300. An awesome all round tire. Was quiet for the first 40k miles. Did not show signs of chunking, very mild cupping in the later life. I put them through every terrain in the southeast (no snow though). Balanced out every time, great road manners for a MT. (I would have ran these again if they made a 37")
Cons – Load capacity (D rated 35) Even though the max psi was 50, I ran 60 psi cold in them for the life of the tire and they wore perfectly. Would bury quick in sand if you weren’t careful, as with most MT’s if not aired down. *I never air down for sand, too much around here and I would need an onboard compressor to keep up with that demand…

3rd set Yokohama Geolandar AT-S – 37x12.5x17 – 5 out of 5 stars (so far)

Pros – Awesome road manners, excellent wet and dry road traction. Super quiet, truck rides better than it ever has. Best tire I’ve seen yet for sand, especially loose beach sand. Very, very little weight to balance. Deep tread for an AT, I’ve got a little over 10k miles and tread looks like it’s doing fine, been rotated once, no cupping so far. Handles muddy dirt roads great, only hiccup I’ve seen so far is sticky red clay will gum them up, tap the throttle and they clean out easily though. All other mud is no issue but obviously not a MT. Light weight so mpg and braking is not hindered. Side walls are tough considering a Tacoma side swiped the front right tire and basically totaled out his bed but the tire only had paint on it, no tears or cuts or even bad scuff marks.
Cons – Other than gumming up in sticky red clay, none as of yet, they’re doing exactly what I purchased them for. They are a D rated tire, however, the load capacity is high enough with the 37’s.

Random internet pictures of each, showing tread pattern in the order of review...

Well, I've had the 37's Yoko's for a little over a year and 36,000 miles. Which I have come to the conclusion that I would rather a tire wear out in a year than last longer because I want to try different ones. :lol: My first impressions of these tires were spot on and basically nothing has changed. They balance good every time, have not had any loss in wet weather performance, they are still pliable. Still do great in the sand. And it looks like they have a long way to go before needing to be replaced. I like them very much and if I were the type to run the same tire, this would be it so far. They are a great all terrain tire and have gotten me everywhere I wanted to go.

Last edited by Will on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Long term tire review

Post by nts007 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 am

Hi guys. Figured that since i put a lot of hard miles on tires i thought i would share my daily commute with you.

Sorry for the poor resolution. I had to transfer the file too many times to get it uploaded

This is a time lapse of one way of my daily commute. This is the return trip. I started the camera after 20 miles of highway and the 3 miles into the grid. The total commute is about 55miles each way. At the end yes that is the road i take all summer to get home. Shaves 3 miles. And I tend to drive faster on the gravel then on the highway.

http://youtu.be/2JGGqS-kNgs

And here is the tires that have been running this for the last 2 years. The tires have rotated through 2 trucks so the total mileage on the tires is combined. Both trucks run the same drive almost daily. Both are 2500 diesels

First up toyo at2 extreme. 35x12.5/17 (315/70/17) This tire is much more aggressive than most mild at and is much more so than its brother the at2. As you can see in the side by side picture below. I have found this tire very average. Not really bad but not really good. Its smooth on the highway and its manageable on gravel. It tends to slide laterally more than the other two tires on gravel. Balances good. No rebalance. No punctures or sidewall damage. It is about the same as a street tire on grass and a little bit of clay and this tire needs 4wd just to move the truck. It is horrible in sloppy muck but it is an at. Although i thought it should do better with the larger voids. Wear is decent but poorer than i expected. The pictures showing have only 22k km on them and are at 13/32. New is 17/32. We have a 3500 with these tires and they are completely worn out at 50k km. the more they wear the faster they wear and traction degrades rapidly. I wouldn't recommend taking these past half tread for anything other than street driving in summer. In winter these tires (new) were average for a at truck tire but rather hard but jut enough wiping that made icy highway manageable. Not the worst winter tire it did fine in most snow up to 10" deep but once lost traction it doesn't do any biting. Tires were rotated every 15000km. Would I recommend this tire. Not really. It wears too fast and for $1900 installed it was more of a try once tire. I will post pictures of the tires on the 3500 tomorrow

Next up we have the general grabber. 35x12.5/17 (315/70/17). This tire blew the socks off of me. I have never had a tire command gravel roads like this one. It never seemed to slip yet you always felt like you were floating along. Yet snap steering inputs that you would expect to slip the tires wouldn't. Curves at speed you could turn in sharper and it didnt ever once step out without right foot help. Amazing may be the correct word to describe these tires. No punctures and no sidewall issues. At the garbage dump multiple times i found nails lodged in the tread. 3 inch nail only sank about 1/8 inch into the tread and bent over. In mud well this was a shock. It would float and propel itself no problem. The tires feel and look much more balloonier than other tires of this size and did rub on the control arms. If they made this tire in a 37 i would run it no matter what. But not in winter. Once it gets below freezing then only an idiot would run these. First bit of frost and its scary. So summer only tire. Highway is smooth. Deceptively smooth. Comparable to all terrain tires. Little bit noisy but not bad. Now here is the kicker. These tires new have only 18/32 tread new look at the pictures. There is 11/32 tread on those tires. And 82 000km on them. Yes they are pitting and starting to show chips and such. But wow. They spent 28k km on my truck then the rest on the 02 2500. My fathers truck. And he has over half a mil km on it so hes gone through enough tires. He wants these back on his truck next spring to see how far they will really go. Tires were $2050 installed and id say worth every penny. I would recommend these tires for anyone who likes higher speed rough roads and unpredictable terrain. They take it all and ask whats next. Tires were rotated maybe 4 times.

Next up we have my current tire on the truck.
Hankook dynapro mt 37x12.5/17
These tires i have found are a go anywhere tire. They handle my drive very well. No real issues on the gravel. They don't quite have the same grip the grabbers do but they are very predictable and stable. They have no issues in clay and mud and love deep snow up to the bumper. As long as you don't get hung up they will always find something to grip. I did get these studded and havent had issues yet but i will likely be siping the Center tread this winter as there is no siping. But the tread is surprisingly soft. Which i expected to cause problems with chipping and fast wear men's these tires have 21/32 tread. After 36000 km there is 15-16/32 left. They are wearing well but i rotate them every other oil change. I have no complaints with this tire. They are noisier than the other two but its not as bad as most mt tires. Would I recommend them. Yes. As a year round on off road tire that has to get you home, they succeed.

The road i travel is very rough. The (super) grid is redone every week. There is a gravel pit half way down it and the truck travel destroys it nso fresh gravel nearly every week. Also if you know southern Saskatchewan roads the gravel roads are smoother than most of the highways. I hope this is helpful for people looking at these tires. Here are the pictures.
Attachments
image.jpg
Toyo at2 extreme
image.jpg
Extreme beside regular at2
image.jpg
image.jpg
At2 extreme at 22k km
image.jpg
General grabber
image.jpg
General grabber
image.jpg
Grabber and extreme side by side new
image.jpg
High mileage grabber
image.jpg
Grabber pitting
image.jpg
Grabber tread at nearly 90k
image.jpg
Hankook new
image.jpg
Hankook at 36k
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: Long term tire review

Post by nts007 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:59 am

I just took these pictures and talked to the owner. These are the at2 extremes on the 3500. There is 51000 km on them so i was initially incorrect. Tread is at 7/32 except right at the outside lug. They wear funny.
Attachments
image.jpg
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:09 am

Nice report!

The General Grabber is a proven dry terrain traction tire - they were developed for desert racing. They survive and thrive on BITD courses across the southwestern U.S.

BajaXplor'r ran a set on his PW, and had severe cupping problems. They didn't do well in calichi clay or our wet heavy snow. He also had a set of the Hankook's, and is now using the Toyo AT2 Extreme.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Will » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:31 am

Great review, is this or that the thread for tire reviews? http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... f=2&t=2485
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Severe cupping is less likely tire and more likely balljoints or wheel bearings. Even shocks. One thing i forgot was out of all the tires i have ever run the general grabbers were the best balancing tires i have ever seen. All 4 took exactly 3.5 oz to balance at nearly exactly the same place. Pretty consistent from tire to tire. Especially a 35"

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks for the review. Aside from the Hankook, from your experience, any other all around off road, dirt, gravel, some rocks, trails, snow tire do you recommend:

I live in Ohio, hunt in Michigan, and go back to Alaska every year to hunt.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:38 am

You and many will laugh but the bfg at works very well in winter as far as most snow and ice traction. But I have never worn a set past half. Usually about 35k km. the duratracs have great reviews as far as all around traction including snow and ice and are studdable. But everyone I've talked t says they wear out very very fast. 40-45k km. mind you these are on diesels. One tire that we are trying next is the general grabber all terrain studded. They are replacing the toyos on the 3500. The nitto terra grapplers are very good as well in winter and on highway which isnsuprising because they are the same compound and essentially tire as the toyo at with a different pattern. But perform better from what I have found. Have had a set of nittos on my wife's jeep GC for 5 years now and are due for replacement as they have 82k km on them. Lighter vehicle makes a difference as far as overall wear. Really there is no perfect tire for anyone. For example people run the nitto trail grappler in the winter. I never would. I wouldn't run the trail grappler at all. Sometimes though taking the plunge in a new untested set of tires can be rewarding. Or dreadful. Would i recommend the hankooks for your usage. Yes I would. Will they be as fantastic for you as they have been for me. I couldn't tell you. Hope this gives you a little insight.

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by Stickman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:13 am

Anybody have a review on the Cooper Discoverer S/T, S/T MAXX or the STT? A buddy just put a set of 35" STTs on his 1500, they look like a solid tire.
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 am

I've been trying to find reviews on the st max. It isn't easy to find people running them on our trucks long term. The stt though has always been a strong consideration of mine but i havet tried them yet. They seem like a solid long lasting tire and get compared to the toyo mt alot.

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Will » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:26 am

Stickman wrote:Anybody have a review on the Cooper Discoverer S/T, S/T MAXX or the STT? A buddy just put a set of 35" STTs on his 1500, they look like a solid tire.
I've used this site often to get some kind of an idea... http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Ti ... er-stt.htm

If I was in the snow and ice, I'd try a set of the Green Diamond Icelander MT's... :)

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:28 pm

I've merged the excellent post by nts007 into this one, and will make it a sticky...

2011RPW
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by 2011RPW » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:25 am

Atturo Trail Blade M/T

I got these (35x12.50R20) for $1198. I went with them, because I was doing suspension work and other costly things, so I figured they'd get me by till tax return time (I'm going back to 17's anyway). They have been a good tire so far. Great traction, and not very noisy. HOWEVER, they are NOT true to size, not even close. I had 315/70R17's on, and they (with 45k miles) were bigger and wider than the new Atturo's. I looked up how to measure a tire (standard definitions) and they came out to 34x11.5. I called Atturo, and was basically given the run around and offered hats, shirts, and decals to get me off the phone. Which worked, because I hung up. Anyway, you get what you pay for!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415982315.042095.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415982315.042095.jpg (24.29 KiB) Viewed 40944 times
Thuren 3" Suspension, 37' Toyo R/T's, S&B, Flowmaster, Diablo Trinity, N-Fab steps (junk), 31" LED Light Bar, Replacement Bumpers, debadged.

bstefanic
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by bstefanic » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Update on the M-16s, took them to a local and very knowledgeable 4x4 shop who actually balances the tires while on the vehicle to take into account the added weight of the vehicle. Verdict, their Interco's and are going to ride like shit. Placing the worst tires in the rear combined with an alignment after over the past few years replacing the track bar, hub, and ball joints (surprisingly) fixed my eating up front tires along with gaining an extra 1.5 mpg

jeep_boy02
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by jeep_boy02 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Just put on some kuhmo roadventures. Thay look BADASS!

35x12.5 17 10 ply on stock wheels. No level/lift and stock control arms.

Have a tad bit of rubbing (expected) on upper and lower arms at full lock. These are the quietest MTs I've heard. Almost no road noise. Will report off road traction when I get play a little.

Going to test rubbing at flex in the ditch tomorrow when cutting some trees.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1417221977323.jpg
2010 black pearl(PXR) on 35s, bypass harness, gooseneck, CAI, 3" magnaflow catback, bulldog hemi GT.... more to come soon

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Nice!
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

jeep_boy02
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by jeep_boy02 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Here's a tread shot.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1417479376466.jpg
2010 black pearl(PXR) on 35s, bypass harness, gooseneck, CAI, 3" magnaflow catback, bulldog hemi GT.... more to come soon

stubiePW
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by stubiePW » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:10 pm

I like those. I really have to decide between an a/t or m/t when I upgrade

jeep_boy02
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by jeep_boy02 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:21 pm

They're labeled an MT but are billed as a hybrid. I like the new open country RTs but these were cheaper and seem more aggressive.