Message to the DT crew

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Message to the DT crew

Post by vanished » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Can you guys that are " blocked" just sign up under new names or is it tracked somehow? Same for him... maybe he is here spying on you! Lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Now if it was that dog in his avatar sayin that I might have to listen. :mrgreen: That thing looks mean![/quote]
My guess would be a 450 lb. nake fat guy sitting behind a computer screen.Tryng to pull his pud. :digahole:[/quote]
Rusty, That is funny right there! LMAO :rofl: :rofl:
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 am

GunniPWguy wrote:Now if it was that dog in his avatar sayin that I might have to listen. :mrgreen: That thing looks mean!
My guess would be a 450 lb. nake fat guy sitting behind a computer screen.Tryng to pull his pud. :digahole:[/quote]
Rusty, That is funny right there! LMAO :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]
Forgot to to include, "in his mother's basement." :digahole:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:26 pm

I sent admin a message. Oh and get this, they moved my last thread. :lol:
Long Gone:
'05 Silver Power Wagon: # 869: Custom Rear Hitch & Bed Clearance Mod, Custom Front and Rear Tubular Bumpers, Airflow 3rd Gen Snorkel, Diablo Sport Predator, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain, Flow Master 40, Mopar Rock Rails, Warn 15,000lb Winch,with Thermal Bypass, 4.56 Locking front and rear Diffs, Sway-bar disconnect, Uprgraded " T " steering linkage, Fully Skid plated with fore and aft bars, Carli Front Diff Protector, RockCrusher Rear Diff Pro, Bilstein 5100's with rear Custom Valving, Pit Slave Winch Strap, CajunPW PNP Locker By-Pass,

Follow Me, I'll Pull You Out...AFTER you pull me out......
Rausch Creek 2010 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Spring Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2012 Spring Run
Future Rausch Creek 2013 Spring Run June 22nd!

"There is no hunting, like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter." --Earnest Hemmingway--

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:37 pm

VA_Wagon Man wrote:I sent admin a message. Oh and get this, they moved my last thread. :lol:
I highly doubt they'll respond. And did you think anything less about then moving a thread? What thread was it?
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 pm

I posted: What's going on with DT? It's still a ghost in the PW area.
Long Gone:
'05 Silver Power Wagon: # 869: Custom Rear Hitch & Bed Clearance Mod, Custom Front and Rear Tubular Bumpers, Airflow 3rd Gen Snorkel, Diablo Sport Predator, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain, Flow Master 40, Mopar Rock Rails, Warn 15,000lb Winch,with Thermal Bypass, 4.56 Locking front and rear Diffs, Sway-bar disconnect, Uprgraded " T " steering linkage, Fully Skid plated with fore and aft bars, Carli Front Diff Protector, RockCrusher Rear Diff Pro, Bilstein 5100's with rear Custom Valving, Pit Slave Winch Strap, CajunPW PNP Locker By-Pass,

"There is no hunting, like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter." --Earnest Hemmingway--

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

VA_Wagon Man wrote:I posted: What's going on with DT? It's still a ghost in the PW area.

I noticed that, other than a few stragglers like me ans one or two others that haven't come over here yet or are not aware of our new forum.

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Image Image Image

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:51 pm

I tried to PM the couple left there and it wouldn't let me. I think we owe it to them to let them know. Can you send them a pm?
Long Gone:

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:00 am

does this mean the thread is now hidden from all but members now?
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:13 am

Correct.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:27 am

Cool Beans!!

Here is what I wrote on that thread that VA started!
It would seem the active users, a few of them asked me if I was having trouble, that seem to have difficulty with the site. Not sure if it's an isolated event or simple childs play that's going on, either way there is a problem going on for sure. I have faith dodgetalk is smart enough to fix the issue and restore things back to normal!

John Adams - 1826

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 am

If anyone wants to PM the last few straglers, DON'T DO IT!!!!!! Use the email link instead, located in their profile. Email carries a full privacy policy and as far as I know IS criminal if someone else that is not intended to see it looks at it! laymens terms, you need a warrant to open an email that's not yours.

John Adams - 1826

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 am

True, but there's a gray area with email in a corporate environment, because email was provided for company use and productivity. As for DT, it's not corporate use, and members use their own personal emails. So by rights they shouldn't be monitoring.

To find out, you can send a message with some sort of traceable information, that if we see it mentioned in DT by someone, then we'll know. Maybe announce someone's giving away free brake pads or something. Open to suggestions?

Keep in mind some members opted not to allow direct email contact.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:35 pm

WOW, I just left DT and there have been ZERO posts since about 3:00 pm Friday the 22nd.
2005 Power Wagon

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 pm

I've noticed that, too. There are posts in the 4G section. Maybe we should start notifying those guys too, since especially our 3G trucks, even though they have a bit of an advantage due to shorter wheelbase, will slowly become the "older" truck compared to the 4G.

Just saying we need to get the 4G newbies involved. They're posting questions that were already covered by many of us in previous posts in DT's 3G, and getting misinformation by other newbies. They need our help!

Maybe email them little by little, but the problem and a caveat with that is they may complain because they don't know us very well.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 am

The dipshits over there still have me blocked. :lol:

Leif, thanks for doing this. Now if they what to see what's going on. They have to log on. :shock:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 am

Here's my latest post at DT in response to a thread discussing how quiet it is over there. I'm sure our blocked brothers are able to lurk over there while not logged in to read it.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358816

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 am

Just in case you can't, here was my response, and please note, it was moved to the 3G General Talk section.

" [QUOTE=AcemanMCT;4378340]Agreed, Cowboy. And so far, it's pretty active and working out well at the new common PW 3G/4G site. Some pretty cool mods being posted, too, especially that new rear diff/drive shaft skid plate. I can hardly wait for that thing.[/QUOTE]

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

AceMan wrote:I was looking at that TOR project recently. I like it.

As for the domain name ban, how about using other domains, with sub domains that redirect back here.

Example: http://www.AdifferentDomain.com/StarTrek, and StarTrek is actually configured to redirect to http://www.powerwagonregistry.org.

Leif, imagine if you created a sub domain under your state's website. Do you think DT would ban the whole state domain? LOL

And by the way, I like your sig! LOL.

Transmitted via Carrier Pigeon v2 & TRS-80 mobile @2.4k baud.

I might get banned for my post saying that it got quiet because some people got banned for joining the powerwagon registry.
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

I just got banned for my post. WTF! And the post I made, responding to yours, which I quoted, was deleted, as well as your post.

I'm able to connect from one of my customer's system with no problem, but I didn't log on. As soon as I did, got the Server is Slow message. Oh well. And I know its was RamDually, since he was in that thread. So I know it's based on user account, not IP.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:40 am

It only took him 10 minutes to respond to my post. I bent over backward to not appear inflamitory for my response. I will probably still get banned though---but I wanted to put it out there, as to the shitty way guys were being treated for anybody that could read between the lines.
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Wonder how many other members over there notice that some of us are missing. One whole section suddenly gone. Nobody posting. This is turning out to be a cluster fudge for them I bet. Because the site gets paid by traffic. No traffic, no money. I'm also thinking that someone doesn't want us back. Because of the information that some of us has posted over the years, and don't want us to remove it.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I thought this was an odd response- click the picture to make it larger.
Attachments
Response.jpg
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 pm

I saw that. Technically, that's accurate. Non technically, we're getting banned by voicing personal opinions that he personally doesn't like.

And apparently anyone that doesn't log in in DT, can't read the forum links directly. I think you can get to them through Google and Bing searches.

And so far it seems that the bans are based on user account, not IP. However, they have the capability of doing both.

So basically, unless we're allowed back in, there are thousands of orphaned posts made by many great minds with years of automotive, truck and off-road experience, especially the Power Wagon, that many people from others truck sections in DT posted to the PW forum for expertise help. Now that expertise has been banned.

It's just sad that the whole ban mess appears to be personally driven. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope to be proven otherwise.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 pm

I also want to add, I'm part of a few technical forums, and the one main one I post in is the Microsoft Technet Forums. As a Microsoft MVP, we help folks pro bono with their tech problems, and the specific forums I'm in (AD and NIS), it's mostly corporate IT engineers that post for help, and not home users. We occasionally post about other forums, our opinions, etc, just as we dis in DT, but Microsoft moderators respect our opinions, because they allow us the freedom to post other, outside forum links, and not just Microsoft KB articles, when we help people. They know that there are numerous resources out on the internet, and actually welcome 3rd party links. Their focus is on the customer.

If DT can extend the same professionalism, we wouldn't be in this mess. DT has been a great resource, but if it is truly due to one individual, that is very unfortunate. There focus should be on the members who are looking for assistance, and banning an experienced resource pool, and not welcoming third party links to support the overall technical resource pool and forcing members to look elsewhere, reduces DT's obvious goal of being a one stop, get all your needs forum, which I've always considered it for the most part other than one or two other forums out there to the loose ends on specifics, is harmful to their own focus.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image