Power Wagon sightings

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
User avatar
SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Looks legit ... It makes more sense if you don't think about it ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

User avatar
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Wayland, MO

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by Stickman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 pm

The raised chrome lettering definitely does not look good on the hood. Also like the front reciever hitch...
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

User avatar
RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by RAM4ROKS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Saw a black 4th gen SLT (pre 2013, IIRC) in Washington, DC parked near the Washington Monument. Looked like either a business truck or a government truck. (had hazardous cargo classification folding placards on sides and back)

User avatar
SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Saw this today in Prescott, AZ ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457153889.614214.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

User avatar
Cactus Red
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 pm
Location: Chino Valley, AZ.

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by Cactus Red » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:50 am

Prescott Nat. Forest has been using PW's since '08. The guys love'm.

Socialism: A stage of society in Marxist theory transitional between capitalism and communism and distinguished by unequal distribution of goods and pay according to work done.
I'm just along for the ride...

User avatar
SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Cactus Red wrote:Prescott Nat. Forest has been using PW's since '08. The guys love'm.

Socialism: A stage of society in Marxist theory transitional between capitalism and communism and distinguished by unequal distribution of goods and pay according to work done.
It was a beast ... It seems like the perfect truck in their role.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

old sole mopar
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kimberley BC Canada

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by old sole mopar » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:56 am

Here's one sitting at our ski hill. Super swampers and a snow bike. Perfect mountain set up!
Attachments
2016-03-06 06.08.42.jpg

User avatar
MOPARManiac
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am
Location: Wyoming

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by MOPARManiac » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:32 pm

RAM4ROKS wrote:While we were eating lunch with some friends, I saw two Power Wagons drive by outside the window!!!! One was a super clean white third gen and the other was a super clean white 4th gen SLT, but it only had the tailgate graphic, could tell it was an SLT by the black rockers though. Both looked very nice!!! That's more than I have seen in the last month!
It was probably an ST/Tradesman. I've seen a few with black rockers and the Powerwagon decal on the tailgate with no other graphics like the SLT. I was going to get a 2012 like that, but bought my used 2010 with 26K instead.
2010 Power Wagon in Bright Silver Metalic, Sun Roof, Power sliding rear window, Nav, Luverne Grill Guard. Cooper S/T Maxx tires, DeeZee toolbox w/ Hi Lift Jack, two Jerry Cans/Mounts, Armacoating bedliner, Carli front diff guard. White Knuckle Off Road Sliders.

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:54 pm

old sole mopar wrote:Here's one sitting at our ski hill. Super swampers and a snow bike. Perfect mountain set up!
Those look to be the 35x10.5 SSR swamper radials. I wonder how they perform in the snow.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:55 pm

MOPARManiac wrote:
RAM4ROKS wrote:While we were eating lunch with some friends, I saw two Power Wagons drive by outside the window!!!! One was a super clean white third gen and the other was a super clean white 4th gen SLT, but it only had the tailgate graphic, could tell it was an SLT by the black rockers though. Both looked very nice!!! That's more than I have seen in the last month!
It was probably an ST/Tradesman. I've seen a few with black rockers and the Powerwagon decal on the tailgate with no other graphics like the SLT. I was going to get a 2012 like that, but bought my used 2010 with 26K instead.
The trademan's dont come with black on the bottom of the truck like the SLT's do with the decal delete option. Just the tailgate sticker and normal door badging.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
MOPARManiac
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am
Location: Wyoming

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by MOPARManiac » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 pm

olyelr wrote:
MOPARManiac wrote:
RAM4ROKS wrote:While we were eating lunch with some friends, I saw two Power Wagons drive by outside the window!!!! One was a super clean white third gen and the other was a super clean white 4th gen SLT, but it only had the tailgate graphic, could tell it was an SLT by the black rockers though. Both looked very nice!!! That's more than I have seen in the last month!
It was probably an ST/Tradesman. I've seen a few with black rockers and the Powerwagon decal on the tailgate with no other graphics like the SLT. I was going to get a 2012 like that, but bought my used 2010 with 26K instead.
The trademan's dont come with black on the bottom of the truck like the SLT's do with the decal delete option. Just the tailgate sticker and normal door badging.
The ST did, so it was probably a 2012 ST. I think the Tradesmen started 2013, maybe 2014.
2010 Power Wagon in Bright Silver Metalic, Sun Roof, Power sliding rear window, Nav, Luverne Grill Guard. Cooper S/T Maxx tires, DeeZee toolbox w/ Hi Lift Jack, two Jerry Cans/Mounts, Armacoating bedliner, Carli front diff guard. White Knuckle Off Road Sliders.

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:44 am

MOPARManiac wrote: The ST did, so it was probably a 2012 ST. I think the Tradesmen started 2013, maybe 2014.

But the '12s didnt have the tailgate graphic like they do now. At least not the one i thought he was referring to.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2521
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 am
Model Year: 2010

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by Will » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:01 am

olyelr wrote:
old sole mopar wrote:Here's one sitting at our ski hill. Super swampers and a snow bike. Perfect mountain set up!
Those look to be the 35x10.5 SSR swamper radials. I wonder how they perform in the snow.
No shit, I want to know myself how they do all around on the PW. It's going to be hard to pick my next tire.
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

User avatar
MOPARManiac
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am
Location: Wyoming

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by MOPARManiac » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:37 am

olyelr wrote:
MOPARManiac wrote: The ST did, so it was probably a 2012 ST. I think the Tradesmen started 2013, maybe 2014.

But the '12s didnt have the tailgate graphic like they do now. At least not the one i thought he was referring to.
I've seen ST Powerwagons with just the Powerwagon tailgate graphic, with no others graphics with black bottom. Here is a photo of an ST PW that I took in October, 2012.

Image
2010 Power Wagon in Bright Silver Metalic, Sun Roof, Power sliding rear window, Nav, Luverne Grill Guard. Cooper S/T Maxx tires, DeeZee toolbox w/ Hi Lift Jack, two Jerry Cans/Mounts, Armacoating bedliner, Carli front diff guard. White Knuckle Off Road Sliders.

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:27 am

MOPARManiac wrote:

I've seen ST Powerwagons with just the Powerwagon tailgate graphic, with no others graphics with black bottom. Here is a photo of an ST PW that I took in October, 2012.
Oh I think I know what tailgate sticker you are talking about now... that older style... I forgot those were there.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:30 am

Will wrote:
olyelr wrote:
old sole mopar wrote:Here's one sitting at our ski hill. Super swampers and a snow bike. Perfect mountain set up!
Those look to be the 35x10.5 SSR swamper radials. I wonder how they perform in the snow.
No shit, I want to know myself how they do all around on the PW. It's going to be hard to pick my next tire.
I bet they work pretty darn well as far as hooking up. But being a swamper (even a radial), what I would question is the longevity of it and how well it will actually balance. The size is about perfect for a stock truck!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
bstefanic
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 1:42 pm
Model Year: 2006
Location: Chesapeake, VA

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by bstefanic » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:44 pm

olyelr wrote:
Will wrote:
olyelr wrote: Those look to be the 35x10.5 SSR swamper radials. I wonder how they perform in the snow.
No shit, I want to know myself how they do all around on the PW. It's going to be hard to pick my next tire.
I bet they work pretty darn well as far as hooking up. But being a swamper (even a radial), what I would question is the longevity of it and how well it will actually balance. The size is about perfect for a stock truck!
I'll tell ya with my M16's balancing has been a continuous issue

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hella's behind the grill, locker bypass, BDS Long Arm Kit, Carli Front Diff Cover, Rockcrusher Rear, 37" Interco M16's, ATX Cornice Wheels, DT Pro Fab steering box brace, EBC brake pads, Dynatrac Ball Joints, SY Eliminated Transfer Case, Custom Tom Wood's Rear DS, Kings Arsenal Seat Covers, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs with Dynalocs

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:26 pm

bstefanic wrote: I'll tell ya with my M16's balancing has been a continuous issue

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yep. Thats pretty much the price you pay to have the other benefits of a swamper!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by adeluca73 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:29 pm

olyelr wrote:
old sole mopar wrote:Here's one sitting at our ski hill. Super swampers and a snow bike. Perfect mountain set up!
Those look to be the 35x10.5 SSR swamper radials. I wonder how they perform in the snow.
My next tire for sure. I'll be changing out the Duratracs this summer. I've been reading on these for at least a month or so on different off road forums, and there have also been several magazine reviews written about these specific Swamper tires for that very reason--Interco wanted to start taking a piece of the OEM AT/off-road tire market and not be restricted to being known for tires you put on a custom made rig that you trailer out to the track/rocks/trail and to offer an competent everyday driver tire that works on the slippery stuff, handles the rain, and snow, and then retains a majority of the Swamper off road prowess, which can best the MTR and KM's of the world. I see a lot of folks on forums speculate about the longevity and the balance of the SSR without ever owning them, basing their opinions off some other Swamper model they may have had in the 80's or 90's, or from a buddy's rig; however, from everyone that actually owns a set of the SSR's, I haven't seen a negative thing written about them. The 35x10.5's measure a reported 35.5", but I've read guys measuring their own tires and they're clearing nearly 36" mounted. So I think this is a great way to approach 37's without doing pinch weld and plastic trimming. And as far as longevity, I've got 26K miles on the Duratracs, and we're almost done here, not super impressive for longevity out of a Goodyear.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by olyelr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:57 pm

adeluca73 wrote:
olyelr wrote:
old sole mopar wrote:Here's one sitting at our ski hill. Super swampers and a snow bike. Perfect mountain set up!
Those look to be the 35x10.5 SSR swamper radials. I wonder how they perform in the snow.
My next tire for sure. I'll be changing out the Duratracs this summer. I've been reading on these for at least a month or so on different off road forums, and there have also been several magazine reviews written about these specific Swamper tires for that very reason--Interco wanted to start taking a piece of the OEM AT/off-road tire market and not be restricted to being known for tires you put on a custom made rig that you trailer out to the track/rocks/trail and to offer an competent everyday driver tire that works on the slippery stuff, handles the rain, and snow, and then retains a majority of the Swamper off road prowess, which can best the MTR and KM's of the world. I see a lot of folks on forums speculate about the longevity and the balance of the SSR without ever owning them, basing their opinions off some other Swamper model they may have had in the 80's or 90's, or from a buddy's rig; however, from everyone that actually owns a set of the SSR's, I haven't seen a negative thing written about them. The 35x10.5's measure a reported 35.5", but I've read guys measuring their own tires and they're clearing nearly 36" mounted. So I think this is a great way to approach 37's without doing pinch weld and plastic trimming. And as far as longevity, I've got 26K miles on the Duratracs, and we're almost done here, not super impressive for longevity out of a Goodyear.
Through your searches have you read about any of the SSR's just simply blowing apart with highway use? Man, years ago when they first came out I am pretty sure there were several cases of that... but my memory is not the bestest.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by RAM4ROKS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:17 pm

MOPARManiac wrote:
olyelr wrote:
MOPARManiac wrote: The ST did, so it was probably a 2012 ST. I think the Tradesmen started 2013, maybe 2014.

But the '12s didnt have the tailgate graphic like they do now. At least not the one i thought he was referring to.
I've seen ST Powerwagons with just the Powerwagon tailgate graphic, with no others graphics with black bottom. Here is a photo of an ST PW that I took in October, 2012.

Image
Interesting! Mine is a 2012 ST and the only graphics it has is the Power Wagon logo on the tailgate.(all the other 2012 STs I have seen have the tailgate graphic) All the other ST trucks I have seen are the same as mine. I have never seen an ST with black rockers, or an ST with no tailgate logo. Mine has a black grille but chrome bumpers. Also, that one on your pic is odd (to me) since it doesn't have the RAM 2500 Heavy Duty logo on it!

User avatar
MOPARManiac
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am
Location: Wyoming

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by MOPARManiac » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:37 pm

That is interesting. I took this photo in Rawlins and it didn't get dropped off there. I believe it was headed west, and it was brand new. There was a gray ST Powerwagon in Laramie that looked just like this white one. I had to take photos because the White PW"s are my favorite, I really liked it. I saved around 12G buying used so I really liked my 2nd color choice of silver. :D

I suppose that it could have been an SLT ordered with no stickers/graphics. I work in the Auto Industry and am always on the lookout for Powerwagons. There doesn't seem to by a rhyme or reason for the ST''s when they came out. Ram seemed to crank out whatever for awhile it seems.
2010 Power Wagon in Bright Silver Metalic, Sun Roof, Power sliding rear window, Nav, Luverne Grill Guard. Cooper S/T Maxx tires, DeeZee toolbox w/ Hi Lift Jack, two Jerry Cans/Mounts, Armacoating bedliner, Carli front diff guard. White Knuckle Off Road Sliders.

User avatar
RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by RAM4ROKS » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:24 pm

MOPARManiac wrote:That is interesting. I took this photo in Rawlins and it didn't get dropped off there. I believe it was headed west, and it was brand new. There was a gray ST Powerwagon in Laramie that looked just like this white one. I had to take photos because the White PW"s are my favorite, I really liked it. I saved around 12G buying used so I really liked my 2nd color choice of silver. :D

I suppose that it could have been an SLT ordered with no stickers/graphics. I work in the Auto Industry and am always on the lookout for Powerwagons. There doesn't seem to by a rhyme or reason for the ST''s when they came out. Ram seemed to crank out whatever for awhile it seems.
Mine is funny since it was made in 12/12 and delivered from the plant to the dealer in the middle of January 2013 and yet is labeled a 2012 model year. (and has the 2012's features with none of the changes that occurred in 2013 model year) I traded a 2013 Tacoma that I had had for a month and put 3000 miles on in for my newer, freshly delivered 2012 Power Wagon ST, lol! They had two on the lot, a black one and my gray one. (I debated between the two, funny thing is the service manager told me the black one never gets wheeled, that the owner has never even cut the ziptie off the winch cable and never installed the hook, lol!)

My Power Wagon got spotted today- a friend of my wife's snapped a pic of it on the highway and sent it to my wife saying she saw me today LOL!!! Mine is very recognizable, being one of (VERY) few Power Wagons (of any generation) around my area, and having the most dents of any 4th gen Ram I've seen around my area. (I still haven't caught up with Whitey's black 3rd gen though, LOL!)

User avatar
Jeepnjonny
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 pm
Model Year: 2006
Location: North Dakota

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by Jeepnjonny » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Spotted this bitchin wagon in provo utah. He had Texas plates.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: Power Wagon sightings

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Saw this bad ass 3rd Gen at BW3 a few wks ago...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Post Reply