Ever get in a shoot out with terrorists and need to launch your rocket pack?

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Ever get in a shoot out with terrorists and need to launch your rocket pack?

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 pm

You probably need incognito Tacoma for that.
phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: Ever get in a shoot out with terrorists and need to launch your rocket pack?

Post by olyelr » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Jeeez almighty :lockedandloaded:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Re: Ever get in a shoot out with terrorists and need to launch your rocket pack?

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:35 am

Nothing says “I like to keep it simple” like carrying breaching tools in your truck, but not shit paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 am

Jebuz! When your your trendy overland bro Tacoma gets jacked in SoCal those lifters are going to hit pay day with all the goodies you leave lying around.

Overland Tacoma Bro + Tactical Bro

Two stereotypes merging. Probably listens to Georgia Florida Line.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am

BoldAdventure wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 am
Jebuz! When your your trendy overland bro Tacoma gets jacked in SoCal those lifters are going to hit pay day with all the goodies you leave lying around.

Overland Tacoma Bro + Tactical Bro

Two stereotypes merging. Probably listens to Georgia Florida Line.
More like Overland Bro meets LARPing bro.

The back seat storage gave me a headache.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:54 pm

‘If I ever roll off the road on an iced over closed backroad’.... if you own a Tacoma that’s actually a very plausible and common scenario.

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 pm

DamageWagon wrote:‘If I ever roll off the road on an iced over closed backroad’.... if you own a Tacoma that’s actually a very plausible and common scenario.
If I had to guess who’s on a closed road in the backcountry, good odds it’s a Toyota driver.

John
Alaska
My build thread

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 pm
DamageWagon wrote:‘If I ever roll off the road on an iced over closed backroad’.... if you own a Tacoma that’s actually a very plausible and common scenario.
If I had to guess who’s on a closed road in the backcountry, good odds it’s a Toyota driver.

That's not likely for Travis Haley. I recall him claiming to be an ice climber and posting pictures of him getting guided up Stairway To Heaven. That dude is an Instagram marketing product placement hero.

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Low_Sky wrote:

That's not likely for Travis Haley. I recall him claiming to be an ice climber and posting pictures of him getting guided up Stairway To Heaven. That dude is an Instagram marketing product placement hero.
He is incredibly good at what he does, no denying that.

Still think he needs to add a roll of tactical butt wipe to his bug out mobile. Do they make FDE wiping papers?

John
Alaska
My build thread

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 pm
Reloaderguy wrote:
Low_Sky wrote:

Still think he needs to add a roll of tactical butt wipe to his bug out mobile. Do they make FDE wiping papers?

-------
------

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Looks like a strong proponent of the New York Reload? Three rifles but only one spare magazine?

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 pm
Reloaderguy wrote:
Low_Sky wrote:

Tactically operational butt wipes with bio mechanically correct dispenser. You gotta be able to run them when you got the runs.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm

He forgot the 42" bolt cutters, and the 12 volt fuel transfer pump, :mrgreen:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Made me cringe! Who pulls out their pistol and puts their hand over the end of the barrel. I stopped watching there. I carry every day and I wonder if he has ever fired a gun or if his whole act is a gimmick to make money. Someday he will be on one of those videos of "what not to do" when he shoots himself...
2016 Laramie PW

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Jmarklowitz wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:28 pm
Made me cringe! Who pulls out their pistol and puts their hand over the end of the barrel. I stopped watching there. I carry every day and I wonder if he has ever fired a gun or if his whole act is a gimmick to make money. Someday he will be on one of those videos of "what not to do" when he shoots himself...
Travis Haley is a *very* successful firearms instructor and industry personality. If you've ever seen the video of a BlackWater contractor shooting insurgents during a prolonged rooftop firefight from the early-ish days of the latest Iraq war, that's him and I think that video is what really catapulted his career. I don't like or agree with everything he says or does, but the guy is winning as far as the gun industry goes.
John
Alaska
My build thread

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by TommyG » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:53 am

Jmarklowitz wrote:
He's former MARSOC. He does ham it up for social media enough that it is hard to take him seriously at times.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 am

He takes LARPing to a whole new level. He used to claim he was law enforcement then it came out he was one of the people that bought a badge from the sheriff in NM.

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

I find it hard to take people seriously who specialize in standing in the open and shooting paper while changing magazines as fast as you can. Never been in a situation where i couldn't, you know, seek cover while reloading. Shooting is the same as driving a manual transmission. Shooting is the thoughtless process of shifting the transmission. Driving is the tactics, situational awareness, and communication required to be successful in small unit tactics. But what the hell do I know...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm
Jmarklowitz wrote:
Travis Haley is a *very* successful firearms instructor and industry personality. If you've ever seen the video of a BlackWater contractor shooting insurgents during a prolonged rooftop firefight from the early-ish days of the latest Iraq war, that's him and I think that video is what really catapulted his career. I don't like or agree with everything he says or does, but the guy is winning as far as the gun industry goes.
Low_Sky: I will have to look up the BlackWater Video. Maybe I jumped to conclusions to soon after only seeing this video. But I still have to say, if he is an expert in firearms, then shame on him for not following the number 1 rule. I do not mean to offend anyone. But these are the stupid things the media loves to exploit. Thank you sir!
2016 Laramie PW

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by TommyG » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 am
He takes LARPing to a whole new level. He used to claim he was law enforcement then it came out he was one of the people that bought a badge from the sheriff in NM.
No kidding. Not sure what drives people to do that but they are legion.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:35 pm

I thought he was disqualified for owning a Tacoma. Any contractor should know those vehicles can’t take a beating and will leave you stranded when you need to push them. Hiluxes have no association with them. That’s a ‘cool kids of So Cal’ vehicle.

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:31 pm

You can serve and still end up being a huge Dbag. Just saying.
-------
------