Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
Zlaayer
Model Year: 2018

Re: Patriot Campers Off Road (PTOR) RT25 SUPERam

Post by Zlaayer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm

RustyPW wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:10 pm
Diesels sink in this stuff. :o
I assure you, I have no intention of mud bogging like that. I'm much more interested in rock crawling, sand, and snow. I'm thinking zombie apocalypse bugout vehicle. I don't live on the bayou! I'm in Cali.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Zlaayer wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm
RustyPW wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:10 pm
Diesels sink in this stuff. :o
I assure you, I have no intention of mud bogging like that. I'm much more interested in rock crawling, sand, and snow. I'm thinking zombie apocalypse bugout vehicle. I don't live on the bayou! I'm in Cali.
I'm in Pennsylvania. We got everything. That 2nd video I posted was at Rausch Creek offroad park in Tremont Pa.

If you are thinking zombie apocalypse. You better be prepared for everything.

Think you would be better served over on a Cummins forum. That's where your heart lays at.
Attachments
DSCN1009.JPG
DSCN1649.JPG
Last edited by RustyPW on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 am

phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:34 am

RustyPW wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Think you would be better served over on a Cummins forum. That's where your heart lays at.
Not necessarily. I'm just playing devil's advocate. Looking into all my options. I can definitely see merits to the gasser too. They're honestly both great engines.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 am

One look at the front suspension and I can tell you that is not performance suspension. I have yet to ever see a single Ram that is better off-road than a Power Wagon. Diesel is fun, absolutely. But if you live in America, ‘overlanding’ is driving past several fuel stations a day. We’ve got big tanks and lots of range to start with, we loved out of our Wagon for 10 weeks traveling the west with only one spare fuel can and never needed it.

If you want real performance out of your suspension let me know. That truck does not have it. A diesel or gas truck can do some wicked stuff with real suspension and the comfort is worth it on long trips

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 am

Zlaayer wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:43 pm
Do you find that the long wheelbase and the fact that it's wider and taller than a jeep to be a hindrance on trails?
Nope, never, not once. Ok, maybe once. But rarely. The reality is that it's not as big a problem as Jeepers and folks with smaller vehicles make it out to be. It's like Moab, people are convinced and always watching us when we are there that we can't do X. Then we do it, and they're all amazed. It's not that hard.

(Do I really need this many people to watch my wife spot me up this?)

Power Wagons can do almost everything in Moab except for a small selection of trails that are for straight up buggies and shit. Out of the 80 trails in the FunTreks book, there are 4 you shouldn't try. Almost everything else you can force a stock Power Wagon through. All those "Jeep" trails.

In Colorado, same deal. Jeeps everywhere, and there we are out there on the same trails. Sure, maybe here and there I have to do a two-point turn. No bigs.

The thing is, all the stuff that makes Jeeps get tippy and in danger of flipping, our wheelbase becomes the advantage and we remain stable. This is the big cheat in Moab. This year I wheeled a Jeep and the Power Wagon and the Jeep was a totally different experience. Possibly a bit more fun, but also more butt clinching in places the PW just walked right up.

Take Hell's Gate a few of us posted videos of. Going up that can be dangerous for a short wheelbase vehicle. We came up to a couple this year who rolled their Jeep down it. Jeep was totaled. Our trucks can walk up and down it. You'd have to make a HUGE HUGE stupid error to roll your Power Wagon down it. You could do it, but it's just easier with the longer wheelbase to remain stable and planted.

And to roll your truck, you have to be a lot more off-camber than you think. Your ass will be clinched long before you reach that point. That picture I posted of my truck was still quite a ways from rollover danger. But believe me, my asshole was clinched tight, lol.

That being said, I know a guy, who was a member here, who drove his truck at what looked like 20-30mph at an angle over an embankment and that sucker rolled down the hill. So.... shit happens.

I hear people mention break over angle too. I think that is only a real issue if you can't judge the trail you're on. Getting hung up, means you made a mistake. Mistakes do happen, but I try to mitigate them.

There are certainly tight trails out there, but out west, you're going to find more places you can go, then you can not go, from my experience. And I've been wheeling all over out here.
Zlaayer wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:43 pm
Can I be in the club if I buy a Power Wagon and use Prospector mods on it? ;) What if I put a Patriot canopy on the back? Is there any merit to the rumors of a diesel option on the 2020 PW?
You'll find we're all very opinionated about the AEV lift. There are, better ways to spend your money. Talk to DamageWagon there.

Here's the thing, on a diesel, it's a 3 inch lift. On the PW it's a leveling kit with mediocre shocks. That money will buy you a very nice Thuren or Carli setup that will outperform AEV all day.

I'll just leave this hear and then :run:
Attachments
_1__Full-Size_Overlanders.png
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am

PS: Thanks for not being one of these guys >>>
PayPal_Donation_Link_-_Power_Wagon_Registry.png
:angry:
-------
------

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 pm

BoldAdventure wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am
PS: Thanks for not being one of these guys >>>

PayPal_Donation_Link_-_Power_Wagon_Registry.png

:angry:
That must be the spam you were talking about. That's annoying. I don't recall having that issue when I used to post on forums years ago.

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by PWJouster » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 am

BoldAdventure wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 am
It's not that hard.

its not that hard.

says the one of handful to complete this....this shot and description should be the first thing any non believer is directed to.

Would you have done this today, with your setup and rack mounted tent?
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

PWJouster wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 am
BoldAdventure wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 am
It's not that hard.

its not that hard.

says the one of handful to complete this....this shot and description should be the first thing any non believer is directed to.

Would you have done this today, with your setup and rack mounted tent?
I have done it with the setup, but with the tent on the truck, there is a noticeable additional sway/tippy feeling that isn't there when it's off. Like if you come off something without it the truck might rock twice, but with the tent it rocks four times. Not sure if I'm describing this right, but it's a feeling/feedback I get and it's noticeable. I think it increases the lean a bit too. I mean weight up in the air.

This is why I pulled it for a few days in Moab, tested it on and off. It's fine for a most of the stuff we do, but it's def better when it's off the truck for very technical stuff.

We're going back to Moab here in October to pre-run a few new trails for Power Wagons in Moab 2019 and I'm leaving the tent at home.
-------
------

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by PWJouster » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:42 pm

makes sense...
perfectly poised to position the standard powerwagon with minimal lift and performance parts as superior fullsize offroad machines.

overland builds are for overland...but the powerwagon is built for everything.
those trays and all that overland gear with a diesel engine and your talking massive weights no good for rock crawling or sand.
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:50 pm

I like to do a little bit of it all. I find Moab to be a great testing area. But we get out camping and exploring on easier stuff more often than not. Just this past weekend >>
2018-09-02 10.31.12.jpg
-------
------

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:59 pm

BoldAdventure wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

I have done it with the setup, but with the tent on the truck, there is a noticeable additional sway/tippy feeling that isn't there when it's off. Like if you come off something without it the truck might rock twice, but with the tent it rocks four times. Not sure if I'm describing this right, but it's a feeling/feedback I get and it's noticeable. I think it increases the lean a bit too. I mean weight up in the air.

This is why I pulled it for a few days in Moab, tested it on and off. It's fine for a most of the stuff we do, but it's def better when it's off the truck for very technical stuff.

We're going back to Moab here in October to pre-run a few new trails for Power Wagons in Moab 2019 and I'm leaving the tent at home.
Sounds like a good excuse for three point oh's :run:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:37 pm

olyelr wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:59 pm
BoldAdventure wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

Sounds like a good excuse for three point oh's :run:
When you tricycle. It's not a good feeling. Your butt starts to pull a vacuum on the seat cover. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 pm

BoldAdventure wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:50 pm
I like to do a little bit of it all. I find Moab to be a great testing area. But we get out camping and exploring on easier stuff more often than not. Just this past weekend >>
OK, maybe I should just start a new thread for this post but I don't want to spam this forum when I'm not even a PW owner yet. But maybe you guys can give me some input on my thoughts.

1) Intended Use - I intend to use the truck for a little bit of everything kind of like BoldAdventure. I want it to be able to overland, hunt, fish, and camp but I also want it to be able to do Moab, Baja, and take ski trips to AK and Canadia. Family camping would require me to buy a trailer of some sort. From what I gather it makes more sense to buy a PW than a Prospector because the PW is heads and tails above the Prospector for off road and it can still haul (though not as effeciently or effectively). Plus with the money I save I could do some upgrades. Right now it's just my girlfriend and I, but we will most likely have children within the next five years and I intend to keep my PW for at least ten to fifteen years.

2) Travel Trailer vs Adventure Trailer - My lipstick n' lashes city girl girlfriend wants me to get us an Airstream because it offers all the creature comforts. But I don't want to be restricted to camping in RV parks. I would much rather have an adventure trailer like the Patriot X1 Link: https://www.patriotcampers.com.au/patri ... r-trailer/. The adventure trailer can go anywhere and it's a hell of a lot lighter and smaller. It's also less expensive than a tricked out Airstream. But I have to convince the ball and chain that it won't kill her to take a bird bath instead of a luxurious shower. It's a small price to pay for the ability to get the hell away from people and go to unexplored places.

3) Optional Equipment - I intend to buy the 2019 Power Wagon with Laramie trim level. I'll have it custom ordered from the factory with RAMBOXES, a moonroof, a badge delete, and the color I want. Here are some optional items I intend to install.

Toyo Open Country M/T 35s. - The wheels and tires thread said stock suspension allows for 35s.
Hutchinson Beadlocks or AEV Katla Wheels (Undecided).
Carli Long Travel Airbags. - For towing sans droop.
Deep Cycle Dual Battery System. - For use in series for winching or isolated for auxiliary and backup power.
Red Arc Battery Isolator. - For dual battery systems. Link: https://redarcelectronics.com/collectio ... -isolators
AEV Switch Pod. - For exterior lighting and compressor control. Link: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... am-trucks/
ARB onboard air compressor. - For refilling once I've aired down. Link: http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-On-Board-Hi ... 572C9.aspx
Rhino Liner. (not the factory installed liner which I hear sucks)
Bed Rug. - For padding and extra protection. Link: https://bedrug.com/bedrug-classic-bedli ... 8/ram/2500
Nutzo Rambox Square Expedition Truck Bed Rack with Aluminum Coilover Tonneau Cover from Truck Covers USA. - It only weighs about 70 pounds and gives me the ability to secure long items like kayaks and lumber as well as a roof rack like the Rhino Back Bone and Pioneer rack. The top crossbars are removable giving me full access to the bed. Plus I can still access the Ramboxes. The tonneau cover allows me to conceal and secure items so no one steals valuable items. I only lose 8 inches of bed space for the drum at the front of the box. There's even an option for a removable shelf that lays on top of the tonneau cover that would allow me to carry an additional full size spare tire.
Attachments
Nutzo-Classic-Rack-for-RAM-BOX-with-retactable-cover.jpg

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm

We need more threads like this!!

Some excellent points have already been addressed here. Power Wagons are sweet. I’ve travelled pretty extensively in mine and never had a fuel range issue, it’s there in theory but everywhere from Wyoming/Colorado West has never given me an issue.

Sounds like you’ve got a sweet build planned! Comparing Hutchinson’s vs Katla’s is to compare the extreme ends of the scale. Double beadlock vs standard wheel with good offset. Both are good picks it seems. I can set you up on Trail Ready’s if you want a good made in USA wheel instead of the imports listed above.

You can pretty much put 37x12.5xXX tires on a stock truck with a little rubbage, cured by the proper offset wheels. If you want to go that route.

I think the factory bedliner is outstanding. I have had rhino-lined trucks before and will never do that again when I can buy factory. It has held up excellent.

Those racks are cool! I think mine sits about the same height as theirs, COG was a huge component when I designed the RamBox rack. Why guys would run a cab-height rack on a 14+ truck is beyond me, having constant handling issues sounds like a terrible thing to look forward to.

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:26 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm
We need more threads like this!!

Some excellent points have already been addressed here. Power Wagons are sweet. I’ve travelled pretty extensively in mine and never had a fuel range issue, it’s there in theory but everywhere from Wyoming/Colorado West has never given me an issue.

Sounds like you’ve got a sweet build planned! Comparing Hutchinson’s vs Katla’s is to compare the extreme ends of the scale. Double beadlock vs standard wheel with good offset. Both are good picks it seems. I can set you up on Trail Ready’s if you want a good made in USA wheel instead of the imports listed above.

You can pretty much put 37x12.5xXX tires on a stock truck with a little rubbage, cured by the proper offset wheels. If you want to go that route.

I think the factory bedliner is outstanding. I have had rhino-lined trucks before and will never do that again when I can buy factory. It has held up excellent.

Those racks are cool! I think mine sits about the same height as theirs, COG was a huge component when I designed the RamBox rack. Why guys would run a cab-height rack on a 14+ truck is beyond me, having constant handling issues sounds like a terrible thing to look forward to.
Yeah I’m not sure about the bead locks. They seem like a lot of maintenance and I’m not convinced they’re necessary. Especially if I carry a second spare. Also, I don't think I want to go bigger than 35s. It seems like the gas mileage really starts taking a dump once you hit 37s. If I did go to 37s I might consider going full monster truck and bolt on some of the fenders from AEV. But my aim is to keep this thing relatively reasonably sized so i can drive it around town. Remember I work in San Francisco. Lots of the firehouses here have limited parking space.

As far as the cab height level rack goes, I actually like the taller version for flexibility. Yeah it’s a 14’ truck but a kayak is easily 8 feet or longer. Which is longer than the bed. And I’m not a contractor but there have been times that I’ve had to hang some long items out of the back of my Tacoma and I’d much rather have them flat loaded on top instead of hanging out the back. The cab height level rack also gives me room to use all of the bed space under the tonneau for weather protection, a spare tire, Mac tracks, and spare fuel on top of that, and room for kayaks above that. And the fact that it’s removable and built specifically fo Ramboxes is so cool. I can take off those top cross bars and be able to move tall items and furniture or even have space an ATV! That photo I posted actually isn’t 100% accurate though. The new version is square framed instead of round bars which I actually prefer. And forget about the load rating. I spoke with the owner of Nutzo and he said they put a Jeep Wrangler static load on top of one of these things. Pretty impressive for something so lightweight.

It’s similar to the Leitner Rack but much more customizable and it is compatible with Rambox equipped trucks. I think it’s better looking too.
Last edited by Zlaayer on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 pm

My truck has the factory installed bedliner and it is of great quality. The last bedliner I paid for was from Linex, which was a very durable and professional liner. The factory installed liner is every bit as good as the linex was. The few rhino liner setups I have seen would make run like hell from those (maybe they are getting better?).
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:51 am

Get the factory bed liner. I have LineX sprayed in my bed and on the front bumper. It has held up well. All the Rhino dealers around here have gone out of business. So that should tell you something.

Bead locks. If you're not hard core. Then they are a luxury. If you really want them. Trail Ready. They have the proper offsets.

Tires. That's up to you. But 35's are a god choice.

Campers. The build quality on them is all over the place. Airstreams are nice and you are paying for it too. Remember that Airstream does not make a camper with a slide out. So if you want extra room. Look else where. Before you buy. Look really hard at the camper and how it is built and how everything operates. MAKE sure that everything operates too before you sign.

The Patriot Campers are made in Australia. The price I found for a 2017 X1GT was $39,450. Minimalist camper. THAT'S a lot of money for something like that. :shock: :cash: :cash: :cash: I would look else where if you want something like that. I could see you GF looking for a new BF.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 am

RustyPW wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:51 am
Get the factory bed liner. I have LineX sprayed in my bed and on the front bumper. It has held up well. All the Rhino dealers around here have gone out of business. So that should tell you something.

Bead locks. If you're not hard core. Then they are a luxury. If you really want them. Trail Ready. They have the proper offsets.

Tires. That's up to you. But 35's are a god choice.

Campers. The build quality on them is all over the place. Airstreams are nice and you are paying for it too. Remember that Airstream does not make a camper with a slide out. So if you want extra room. Look else where. Before you buy. Look really hard at the camper and how it is built and how everything operates. MAKE sure that everything operates too before you sign.

The Patriot Campers are made in Australia. The price I found for a 2017 X1GT was $39,450. Minimalist camper. THAT'S a lot of money for something like that. :shock: :cash: :cash: :cash: I would look else where if you want something like that. I could see you GF looking for a new BF.
Alright most people agree the factory bed liner is the way to go. So I’ll go with that. I’ve just seen a few reviews from people who say it isn’t stellar. But that may be a problem of the past.

Yeah I know that X1 camper is pricy but I’ve looked at a lot of their competitors and no other off road camper seems to match their quality. And if I’m trying to encourage my girl to rough it this seems like the best compromise. It comes with every amenity that you get in an air stream except the frickin leather couch. And even at that price it’s half of what an airstream costs and I’m not forced to stay in RV parks. If you can find an American made trailer that is less expensive and has their guild quality I’m all eyes and ears.

Damn Rusty, your mods list on your PW is extensive. You must have $10k in your suspension alone! 😳 What is the thought behind replacing the stock suspension? I see a lot of you guys run on Thuren and Carli. Isn’t the stock suspension already beast mode?

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 am

A high quality ground tent and good camping gear goes a long way on every front. Easy to set up and break down and it isn’t a permanent change to the truck. You still get to use a truck. I’ve been down this road several times. Spent thousands of hours on custom setups that aren’t in the market. Always came back to ground tents.

The stock power wagon suspension is solid, only lacking a few bits. Primarily, and if you do nothing else, get the Thuren rear trackbar. It has no equal and dollar for dollar it’s the best upgrade. A few companies make good parts for the Dodges, shocks, taller/softer springs, bump stops, etc. A stock truck does not compare to a kitted Thuren/Carli truck. More comfort on road, more comfort and capability off-road, especially when you get into performance shocks.

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:04 am

Does anyone know exactly what the badge delete removes? I like some of the power wagon badging but some of it is way over the top. These trucks speak for themselves. I don’t like that it says “Power Wagon” on every conceivably space. I like the tail board badge. I could do without the decals on the side and front. Love the leather seats but could do without the badging on the leather.

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:10 am

DamageWagon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 am
A high quality ground tent and good camping gear goes a long way on every front. Easy to set up and break down and it isn’t a permanent change to the truck. You still get to use a truck. I’ve been down this road several times. Spent thousands of hours on custom setups that aren’t in the market. Always came back to ground tents.

The stock power wagon suspension is solid, only lacking a few bits. Primarily, and if you do nothing else, get the Thuren rear trackbar. It has no equal and dollar for dollar it’s the best upgrade. A few companies make good parts for the Dodges, shocks, taller/softer springs, bump stops, etc. A stock truck does not compare to a kitted Thuren/Carli truck. More comfort on road, more comfort and capability off-road, especially when you get into performance shocks.
Ground tent camping is out of the question with the girlfriend. Ever heard of the princess and the pea? Yeah well my girl is the princess. And I don’t want a rooftop tent because that has a pretty detrimental effect on off-road performance. The X1 solves lots of my problems aside from the price. I can drag it anywhere and drop it then go play in the truck. Come back to a refrigerator and a stove and a soft bed, heated water for bathing. Auxiliary power. Extra storage. It even self levels with air bags. Pretty posh for a “minimalist” camper.

What does the Thuren rear trackbar do for me? How much is a full kit of Carli/Thuren suspension?

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 am

Haha I get it!

The Thuren rear trackbar provides a longer trackbar with greasable poly bearings, and a raised roll center (kind of similar to lowering the center of gravity). It goes a long way to removing the rear end sway and wiggle these trucks get, especially if you’ve or weight in the bed. There is no other kit on its level yet.

I’d be happy to go through suspensions setups with you, the system would depend on what exactly you will be doing with the truck. That said, you may be totally happy with the truck just as it comes and change nothing! Plan on the rear trackbar, anything else can come as needed.

Zlaayer

Post by Zlaayer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:24 am

DamageWagon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 am
Haha I get it!

The Thuren rear trackbar provides a longer trackbar with greasable poly bearings, and a raised roll center (kind of similar to lowering the center of gravity). It goes a long way to removing the rear end sway and wiggle these trucks get, especially if you’ve or weight in the bed. There is no other kit on its level yet.

I’d be happy to go through suspensions setups with you, the system would depend on what exactly you will be doing with the truck. That said, you may be totally happy with the truck just as it comes and change nothing! Plan on the rear trackbar, anything else can come as needed.

The trackbar is less than $400. That’s not bad at all. Yeah I would be interested in learning more about suspension from you. Drop your knowledge bombs on my inbox. This is my first foray into off-roading so it doesn’t make sense to go full bore. Actually I already feel like I may be getting in over my head simply by buying a PW. I figure I can cut my teeth on the stock suspension and make upgrades after I get more knowledge and experience.