Tax money is already...........gone

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Tax money is already...........gone

Post by TwinStick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:49 am

Bought a 6x10 enclosed utility trailer today. Will be taking delivery on Friday. 15" radial tires, 32"-36" side door, rear ramp door, elec brakes, 3/4" Advantech flooring (mostly resin & stronger than 3/4" plywood), 3/8" plywood walls, steel frame w/24"o/center cross beams, 16" o/c steel wall studs, seamless one piece aluminum roof, roof vent, 2 interior lights w/switch, 2" ball, LED lights (tail lights at eye level)6'1" interior height, etc.. Going to build it into a jack of all trades. Utility stuff, camping, bikes, ARB coolers, etc.. Going to use it with the 4Runner mostly, when we want to travel light-er.

LOOKS a lot like the utility trailers found at big box stores but the difference is in the details. Thicker steel, more cross beams & wall studs, better floor, thicker walls, thicker aluminum & a 3 year warranty & lifetime structural on the frame but obviously does not cover rust or driver damage. Out the door w/tax. title & registration was about $3690. Another fun project. :rockon:

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Re: Tax money is already...........gone

Post by Colibri » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:28 am

Pics! Sounds like a neat new project sir, please keep us updated
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:47 am

When is tax money not gone?

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:03 pm

I'll try to do pics, when we get it home.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:48 pm

So, here is a :wtf: update on the trailer. Bought the trailer & had them install the brake controller----for time saving sake. Even though they charged me $70 more than internet price for the Teconsha Prodigy P2 & another $50 for the install. Went to get in & leave & the brake controlled was installed in the wrong spot ! :angry: I showed him EXACTLY where I wanted it, even asked him "are we clear ?" & he said yes. So, another 20 minutes. And, on the way home with trailer the ABS light & the Traction Control light came on, on the 4Runner. I had a Dr's apt. that same day so there was no turning around & going back. Let trailer sit in yard but i did call the salesman & told him of the issue. So, then we get the call from our daughter. She has quit the University Police Academy. She swears nothing happened. Said her heart was just not in it anymore. She was at the top of her class. I really can't say i'm mad, as this is the worse time EVER to be a cop of ANY kind. She is going back to College & get her Master's Degree & maybe even her Phd. So, then we gotta move her back to WNY, from Albany. Trailer worked excellent. There is no doubt in my mind that the trailer brakes saved us from at least 2 accidents during the trip, from asshole drivers. 1 guy did a swoop & brake on me, going by an exit. He whipped in front of me, missing the front end of 4Runner by 12" @ 70 mph, braked hard & whipped off at the exit !!! :angry: I installed some E-track, accessories & got some tie downs. A week later I realize the roof vent is leaking water from the snow. :angry: Made the apt & took it back. No lights came on this time on the 4Runner's dash, :roll: just my luck. They completely removed the roof vent & sealant & said none of it was sticking at all. Cleaned it all real good. Resealed it & reinstalled it. No more leaking at this time. But now there is 3 dents & scratches on roof !!! :angry: Not sure what the issue was with the dash lights but it has not resurfaced since.

Is there anywhere in America anymore, that takes pride in their work ? Mechanic's are always leaving grease stains in peoples cars & trucks. So sad.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Pics are coming.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 am

Reloaderguy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:47 am
When is tax money not gone?
I never seen tax money for the last 2 years. Had to pay $27,000 for 2016, and $15,000 for 2017 in fed taxes. All because of obombocare. :angry:

Twin, you have the worst luck sometimes.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:58 am

Moving slowly on the trailer. Got some E-track installed along the sides, carpet of sorts on the floor & ramp & got some E-track 2x4 holders & using that for the bed platform-tall enough to fit the ARB fridge's underneath. Got some bicycle fork mounts mounted inside up against the front wall.