Mini Japanese Power Wagon in Orange Crush !!! LOL

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Mini Japanese Power Wagon in Orange Crush !!! LOL

Post by TwinStick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 pm

:lol: Well, OK, not really. My Daughters brand new Subaru CrossTrek HV. Took it out in the woods tonight to check some deer property. Did REAL good for a car. Went through some mud about 4-5" deep & stopped in it, then took off again with no wheel spin. Went through numerous small ditches. I am impressed. 2.0L horizontally opposed 4 cyl boxer engine. Subaru symmetrical AWD & has vehicle stability control with an on/off switch. When off, it STAYS off until you turn it back on. It lets you spin the tires when stuck. Came with full synthetic from the factory. Oil filter is on top of engine (you can see it on the d-side in the engine pic). 8.7" of ground clearance all the way underneath---clean, nothing hangs down. Has tow hook front & rear (screw in, behind little door with strap to keep you from losing it). CVT transmission, didn't think i would like it at first but i love it. It has 2 modes: full auto & manual mode. Manumatic i guess. In manual mode it has 6 pre-set positions & you shift with the steering wheel paddle shifters----wayyy cool. Upshift with right fingertips & downshift with left fingertips. Makes this little thing haul ass, GREAT for down shifting too. This car can stop FAST. Really diggin it so far. 33 mpg hwy. Tires are street tires but that will change when they wear out. Needs a more aggressive tread. Wish my dad would have bought me cool first vehicle like this !!! LOL :cheers:

Two back seats fold flat, even with the head rests on---yeah. I suppose you could even sleep back there, if you absolutely had to. Came with rear rubber cargo mat. Towing hitch is going on next week. Then she can go hunting all by herself & put the deer on one of those folding cargo carriers, if she gets one. Kids are getting bigger, i am gettin older.

Looks like a prime candidate for a FILTER-MAG too !!! Air intake is up high, in lower left corner of pic. It looks like the water would go directly through the grill & into air intake but---not so. The grill has a solid plastic piece in front of it & actually diverts water away from the air intake. There is a rubber seal between bottom of hood, so none can get in there either.
Last edited by TwinStick on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Mini Japanese Power Wagon in Orange Crush !!! LOL

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Nice car. Do they make with a turbo?
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 pm

No. In Europe it has a nice diesel with 258 lb ft of torque. This one has around 150 lb ft of torque. The specs say B-O-R-I-N-G, but not so, at least in manumatic mode.

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Nice...
I can hear it now, " NO DAD, you can't borrow my car ! " :lol:
2005 Power Wagon

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm

cruz wrote:Nice...
I can hear it now, " NO DAD, you can't borrow my car ! " :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This already happened this morning ! LOL :rofl: So, after i "splained things to her when she got home from school :angry: I think i can use it every now & again !!! Told her for being a beyotch, she can go get the trailer hitch put on herself & pick up their courtesy car & then go pick hers up the next day. Dad was gonna do it, but not now. I was fit to be tied when she said no, let me tell you. After all, who is makin the payments---not her yet. :winchmob: said her behavior was unacceptable. LOL All is good now. :cheers:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 pm

My brat still gives me crap. :lol: She's 28 and married. She keeps me inline since mom is gone. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 pm

So, as far as mods go, does anyone make a lift kit for it? :mrgreen:

Looks like Orange is in!
I'm just along for the ride...

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Cactus Red wrote:So, as far as mods go, does anyone make a lift kit for it? :mrgreen:

Looks like Orange is in!

LOL Actually, it already has a lift kit. It is based on an Impreza chassis, only with a 2-4" lift (some say 2, some say 4) & a much firmer suspension. Yes, orange is in !!! LOL :cheers:

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Well, for the off road family, there is always RALLY! And 'Buru's have more than a few parts available for that.

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/ is the place to start.
I'm just along for the ride...

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by vanished » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Rally kicks ass! Lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:21 am

So, to bring back an old, old thread. Car has 68,800 miles now. Daughter just started the NY State University Police Academy in Albany. While moving her down there, her car decelerated to 40 mph & went into limp mode. Had it towed off the NYS Thruway by AAA. They would only tow to the nearest Subaru dealer. They had it for 2 days & said "we found nothing wrong with the car but it was 1.5 qts low on oil." They also said it had "no oil leaks." We checked the oil 5 days earlier & it was fine. So, right away, Me being me, I suspect an unscrupulous dealer. We went to pick it up on our way back to WNY. They said they drove it & everything was fine..............& Oh, by the way, we broke your dipstick !!! What ? , HTF do you break a dipstick ? In my 40 yrs of working on shit, I have NEVER broke a dipstick. They said they ordered one & will replace it when it comes in. In the meantime, the stock one was in there but the handle was broke off & you could not check it without a pair of pliers. Sevice Manager talked down to me, like I was a 2nd Grader ! :angry: So, we pay & leave & YES, I am really pissed off. We go directly to Lowe's, that is a mile down the road, to buy a g'damn set of pliers to check the oil with. As soon as we get there, my daughter says it is not fixed & is doing something totally different now. I drive it & yup, something is f'd up for sure. Drive right back to the dealer. We were on a time crunch, so I just cut through all the BS & said I want to talk to the HMFIC, right now. He came out, I told him to go get his dickhead service manager cause we are all going for a ride. We hit the road & it started to shudder bigtime. While it was doing this, I started my conversation & it went like this: So, just to be clear, we brought the car in because it went into limp mode & decelerated to 40 mph. Your dickhead service manager (who was in the backseat) said there was nothing wrong with the car.....except it was 1.5qts low on oil & the service tech broke the dipstick off, so you can't check the oil, on a car, that by your own admission, had only about 1/2 of it's required engine oil, & you felt comfortable giving the keys back to a young woman, who you KNEW was going to hit the highway back to Buffalo as soon as she left ? Does that sound reasonable to you sir ?, because it sure as hell don't to me. So, that means you are incompetent or you just flat out lied to me. Now, it is doing something totally different. I told him I thought it was the transmission. They both laughed & said "no way-no how is it the transmission, it is upshifting & downshifting just fine." So then he asks if it had the diff fluid changed at the 60,000 mile service. I said yes, I did it myself & used Mobil 1, 75/w90 full synthetic fluid.

So, they kept it overnight & we left. Next day they call......It needs a new transmission.......$8000, & it's NOT covered under warranty because you serviced it yourself. They said there was gear oil in the transmission & no gear oil in the front diff !!! My blood started to boil. I was on the verge of an anurism ! I calmly asked: how do we go from "no way-no how is it the transmission" to "it needs a new transmission @ $8000 ? I also calmly told them that I changed the diff fluid last year, & she has put 10-15,000 miles on the car since I did it. So, according to you, it means that she drove for a year with no diff fluid in the front diff ???.....I called Bullshit. That was their story & they were sticking with it !!! :angry:

So, we paid $1200 to have the car flatbedded to our local dealer, where we bought it, 248 miles from Albany. AAA would only cover the 1 tow off the Thruway. We went to our dealer & explained everything. I even asked them to get a service tech out here & I will show you exactly what I did. She said OK. He came out, they had one in the showroom. I layed on the ground & showed him on the rear---drained from that plug & filled from this plug. He said "yup, that's correct". We went to the front, I layed on the ground (there was a plastic cover over it) so i pointed, there was a 70mm Torx to drain, then I popped the hood & pointed to the dipstick for the front diff & said I filled it there. He said "yup, that's correct". She & he also said "there is absolutely no way we could drive it for a year with no fluid in the front diff".

So, I said that it sure is a coincidence that we went from "no way-no how is it the transmission", to it needs a new transmission------once they found out that I did my own diff oil change. I don't believe in coincidence. I think they sabotaged it once they found out I serviced it. So, we pitched our case to our local dealer but they did not want to come right out & say they think so too. She gave us some phone numbers to call & we did. Here is the outcome: Subaru sent us a check for $500 towards the tow bill (it is the max they allow). They also said they were going to cover everything under warranty, in full & apologized for such shoddy service from the other dealer. They said they noted every detail of our complaint & they were going to have to answer all my questions & complaints, because they take these things VERY seriously. Call me impressed, bigtime. Car will be ready to pick up next week. It is done now but the service tech wanted to drive it for the weekend just to make sure everything is good. I gave them permission as long as he don't rackup more than 100 miles or so. What a nightmare this whole ordeal was. If we didn't have an extra vehicle to let our daughter use, she would not have been able to show up for her first day of the Academy & would have been expelled as a result, ruining her potential career.

People are awesome, in bad ways, and luckily, in good ways as well.

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by verdesardog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:24 am

Glad you got it fixed! Some dealers are obscenely incompetent or just plain greedy. Some are ok. It seems like the Dodge dealer in my area is both of the first two. :angry:
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by TommyG » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 am

It makes me sad to think that most people would have been taken for an $8,000 ride on that one. It is a damn good thing you know your tech and had the stones to get in their face about it.

I have often wished I could just buy direct from the manufacturer or a wholesaler and not have to ever see a dealership/salesman/service manager again.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:19 pm

And they wonder why people go postal.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by MSCH2112 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm

so did you forward the invoice to the dipshit dealer of repair covered under warranty with a nasty letter?

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Nope. I did not. Our dealer handled everything. I did tell them to bill the other dealer for the dipstick. They said they would & reimburse us the $15 we paid for it, if they do. We have the car back, trans feels like new.....because it is & so is the front diff. :rockon: She is coming home from the Academy this weekend to pick it up & give us our 2010 Corolla back. It is coming up on 180,000 miles.

We do have the invoice from dipshit dealer saying---"checked transmission & everything is fine, no transmission problems." I think that proves it right there, that they sabotaged it. That invoice was before the "testdrive with the 2 dipshits with me & before i said I serviced the diffs myself. Then all of a sudden, the next day "you need a new transmission !" :box: :angry:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 am

So, to update this a little more....car is running & driving great. Daughter was at the top of her class but quit 9 weeks into the Academy. She would not tell me why but assured me that nothing bad happened. Found out just recently from my son why though.....They had 1 week of training on what I would call "how to violate peoples rights, how to make end runs around the constitution, & how to profile." She said no-way, no-how, was she going to be trained on how to be a bad cop.

I applaud her for doing what she thought was right. I raised my kids to be ever vigilant of their rights, the amendments & the rights of others....even though you may no agree with them. Guess it did some good. Can't say that I am mad at all. This is the worst time in my lifetime to be a cop. She is back in College & going to get Masters Degree in Higher Education/Administration & maybe even a Doctorate. Thats her plans as of now......you know kids..... :roll:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Good for her. :rockon: My daughter got her BS Mathematics degree at a local college. Got both her Master's and PhD in higher education at the University of Pittsburgh. Not cheap! :shock: She is #2 at one school distinct. Just below the superintendent.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:03 pm

:rockon:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 am

TwinStick wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 am
So, to update this a little more....car is running & driving great. Daughter was at the top of her class but quit 9 weeks into the Academy. She would not tell me why but assured me that nothing bad happened. Found out just recently from my son why though.....They had 1 week of training on what I would call "how to violate peoples rights, how to make end runs around the constitution, & how to profile." She said no-way, no-how, was she going to be trained on how to be a bad cop.

I applaud her for doing what she thought was right. I raised my kids to be ever vigilant of their rights, the amendments & the rights of others....even though you may no agree with them. Guess it did some good. Can't say that I am mad at all. This is the worst time in my lifetime to be a cop. She is back in College & going to get Masters Degree in Higher Education/Administration & maybe even a Doctorate. Thats her plans as of now......you know kids..... :roll:
I was ready to get on the wagon about how I don't get Subarus and don't think they are great.....However your daughter is a true patriot :patriot: It took a longgggggggggg time to get here, really since the Nixon days but the " Its ok to violate someones constitutional rights because they seem like a criminal and we dont like them attitude" and " Us vs Them" or Militaristic approach to policing has to stop. Not to mention locking up too many people. Cops, Judges, DAs line up to speak about the issues AFTER a long and profitable career.( its too late) So for your Daughter to stand up to it ahead of time means she has a high level of integrity few others do.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Thank you sir. It seems i do as well. Thats why so much shit bothers me. Also part of the reason i retired. The "new people" coming in that they put with me were constantly doing really dumb shit, shit that could get you fired. They didn't care because they were just entering the tunnel---while i was reaching for the door to the light at the end of the tunnel. 99% of the new guys hated me cause i towed the line & sometimes even called a Sgt or Lt & said "get this f-ing a**hole off my block, right now, before i hurt them, right in front of them. Sometimes, i wish i didn't know what i know & seen what i have seen & just was oblivious to the evil of this world. "Ignorance is bliss" seems to have a new meaning these days, lol. Since i retired, the rate of firing is slowly going up. I feel sorry for the very few "new guys" that did their job well, that were my friends. There is no pride of doing a good job anymore there.

The reason we can NEVER speak up about what is REALLY going on inside the Prisons in NY is that it is FORBIDDEN---in writing---in your Employee's manual---that you HAVE TO sign for---acknowledging that you have read---understand----& agree to follow for terms of employment & retirement. Outside criminal charges & internal charges could & would be filed if you broke the rules. Our rights were constantly violated "for terms of employment." I wonder how many other states & agencies do the same, to cover their butt, while putting the working mans butt on the line ?