More camper shenanigans

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Re: More camper shenanigans

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 pm

TwinStick wrote:Some camper shots.

Not letting me post pics. :angry:
Yeah we still don't know what's going on with the pics posting issue just yet. I would say maybe the file size is just a little to big perhaps?

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Pioneer 6 1/2-6 3/4" speakers.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:25 pm

My 12,000 lb hitch set up, for our 3500 lb camper ! LOL :lol:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Bottle opener added.

Folding bike rack added.

Shitty factory stereo that is not long for this world.

The new indoor/outdoor speakers.

Custom screen door guard I made up for the camper. The short version of my life, :lol: Served my Country, 3 years active US Army in Germany, National Guard for 5 1/2 years, NYS Dept of Corrections for 28.3 years.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm

The dreaded front window that gave us so many headaches. It has been replaced 4x along with the frame. Finally right.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

The issues are Photobucket, most likely. Recently they decided to charge about $400 per year to host 3rd party pgoto capability. It's hit all the forums. On Garage Journal there are threads that are years old with thousands of photos that are now blank.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Rodeoflyer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:34 pm

I've heard you can move your 'bucket' off of Photobucket to the local HDD and host that way. I'm glad I use imgur...here is some info.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Photobucket Locked All My Images On Here
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Yeah, photobucket is hitting everybody up for money. It was bad enough with the ads. :angry: I look for something bad to happen to photobucket. Think they hung themselves. Everyone I know is leaving photobucket.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:25 pm

I used (and loved) photobucket until they started the 'for massive profit' crap.

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:50 pm

:spam: https://www.smugmug.com/plans
Not free, but... unlimited upload, download, storage, sharing, for way cheap. And excellent support too. With good mobile apps.
Been with Smuggy for years and i've been quite satisfied.

save some $$ ... https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=cgafIyzHUGk42
:spam: :lol:
https://mule.smugmug.com/

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Made an appt today. New stereo & quick-speaker plug in's go in on Sept 14th ! :rockon: Kenwood AM/FM/CD, front Aux & USB plug ins, the ability to add an amp & sub are also on it. He said he was happy to see the vents I added. He said RV's are hard on the amps because of the heat in the confined spaces that they put them.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:53 pm

So, last time I pulled the camper, I noticed it was squeaking when we got home. So, today, I tore into the suspension. Pulled the wheel off, then removed the drum & wheel bearings. Cleaned & repacked with fresh syn grease. Jacked it up 1 side at a time, used my tall 12 ton jack stands with a 12" piece of 4x4 on the top & set the frame down on them. I was concerned because the pass side was reading 137*F & the d-side was reading 111*F on our last trip. I figured out why there was a difference. p-side castle nut did not line right up with the cotter pin hole, like it did on the d-side, so they tightened up to the next hole, which was a little too tight. So after I put the cotter pin in & bent it up, I loosened the castle nut a little bit. That seemed to do the trick. No slop, no play but not as tight as before.
Less than 2000 miles on the camper & the spring bolts & hanger/shackle bolts were all dry. No lube. Just rust & metal on metal shiny spots on the bolts. Took all 3 out, 1 at a time & greased them up & reinstalled. I had to use a 1/2" 24" breaker bar & another pipe on the breaker bar to get them off. My Ridgid 18v impact wouldn't even budge them. I thought there was a LOT of debris inside the drum & on the hub for as little as we have pulled it. Anyways, everything is clean & greased. Repacked the wheel bearings. Bearing Buddy's were doing their job. Everything is back together & good for another year or so. Definitely gonna upgrade my suspension components at some point.

Been looking at this stuff.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-K71-358-00.html
https://www.etrailer.com/p-LC279685.html ---these should last us the life of the camper.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-AM20545.html ---extra spare, for 2 total.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-SP-220275.html ---an extra pair of leaf springs. with 500lbs more rating than stock leafs.

I will prob install all that stuff at once, when I get it. Maybe next fall ?

Vee
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by Vee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 am

Twin, you need a better trailer. We have a 2017 Outdoors RV Black Rock with factory shocks, and grease zerts on every suspension piece. We are almost at a year living fulltime in it and thousands of miles of crappy roads. Plus we have used it down to zero degrees with no mods and no winterizing, with full tanks. Granted it is not as light as yours, but there are still decent manufacturers out there. It sucks you are having so many issues with a new trailer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Not all those who wander are lost

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Those are actually pretty common issues. Like anything else, if it wasn't crappy from the factory, there would be no aftermarket support. Mine will have zerks when I rebuild it next year. All that stuff I posted links to was only $205. The entire underbelly on ours is also insulated. No tank heaters though. My experience on that is, it is just not worth the risk. A guy I used to work with has a triple axle 44' Toy Hauler with every bell & whistle, arctic pkg, heated tanks, 5 flat screens, 4 or 5 slide outs, 2 ceiling fans, self leveling, sat tv, etc, etc, etc. . He had his plugged in all winter the first year he had it. In the spring, his camper went in for repair---the entire summer. They had to replace all the plumbing because something failed. I think it was the auto temp sensor for the tank heaters. Anyways, they had to rip out the underbelly insulation just to get to it. His is still not right & that was 3 years ago. His was $110,000. Ours was $14,500. I would like an Airstream but they are too stupidly priced for us to afford & they also have their issues. So, I really don't mind doing this stuff myself if I can. Then I know it is done right. It's the stuff I have to have the dealer do that bothers me, cause no one takes as good of care on your stuff as you do.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Getting ready for another short 5 day trip to Glimmer Glass State Park, to visit our son in Oneonta .

Fancy new US Army tank cover.

82 qt ARB doing it's job.

Firewood loaded up.

Table, chairs, spare tire for the camper under the bed slide.

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by verdesardog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Drive safe...
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by MSCH2112 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:34 pm

If u ever go through any state check points...i.e. Nazi California, don't ever tell them u have firewood.

Mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Taking firewood across state lines is a no-no in some states. Some campgrounds make you use their firewood too.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:05 pm

He would have to be pretty lost to end up in Nazi California .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Yup, I know. I would not even take firewood out of state. Here, you had to prove that firewood came from within a 50 mi radius of the state park or it was not allowed. Unless it has the "Official" NYS label of approval that it has been kiln dried @ 160*F for 75 minutes or more.

Upon just checking the website, it seems that I will have to unload all that firewood now. I guess the regulations are still in effect. I sure don't need a $250-$10,000 fine, that's for sure. The Fun Police strike again.

So, I guess we will be having "charcoal" campfires. I refuse to pay $6, for a 1/4 arm full of wood, some of which is pine, that will burn up in 10-15 min. It also seems now, that there is a D.E.C. form that also has to be filled out before transport, or they can still get you. :wtf:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/lands_forest ... sscert.pdf

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Soon, no one will be fishing, hunting, trapping, atving, snowmobiling, boating, jet skiing, or camping in NY State. They will all be traveling out of state, to spend their money else where.

I got stopped 1 time by a NYS Trooper, while I had my atv on a trailer. I was taking it to have an exhaust modification made at a welding shop. He wanted to know where I go atving. I laughed & said "I go out of state to PA". I spend my hard earned money there, where they enjoy our business & treat us with respect & not stop us every 1/4 mile on an authorized atv trail & ask for our registration & insurance, like Law Enforcement does in NY. He asked a bunch of other questions & I refused to answer them. I then asked him why he stopped me. He made me show him my registration & insurance on my truck, my trailer & my atv. "He said he wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen". I told him if i did steal one, i sure wouldn't put it on an open trailer for everyone to see. He then followed me 26 miles, to the welding place. I have been harassed while hunting, fishing, boating, & atving. Being checked is not harassment. Being checked 4x in 1 day, in 2 miles of trails is. Having your boat swamped by DEC while fishing is. I told him he was a fucking asshole for swamping my boat & he threatened to arrest me if I swore at him again. I did nothing wrong. He swamped my boat just to check my fishing license. I had to go to shore before i sunk in my 10' jon boat. Being checked 3x in 1 day, by the same 2 DEC Officers, while hunting is. I really hate this state & detest the Law Enforcement Officers who treat everyone as if they are guilty & feel it is ok to treat you with such disrespect & then threaten to arrest you for calling them what they are, when they do dumb shit like that.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 pm

2sticky. Move to Pa. You're not far the state line anyway. The move will take care of being harassed by LEO's, gun nazi's, your melted sliding problem, and you don't pay state tax on retirement income.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:40 pm

I don't pay state tax on my retirement here either, but i do pay fed tax. We are actually thinking about it.

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:08 am

TwinStick wrote:Soon, no one will be fishing, hunting, trapping, atving, snowmobiling, boating, jet skiing, or camping in NY State. They will all be traveling out of state, to spend their money else where.

I got stopped 1 time by a NYS Trooper, while I had my atv on a trailer. I was taking it to have an exhaust modification made at a welding shop. He wanted to know where I go atving. I laughed & said "I go out of state to PA". I spend my hard earned money there, where they enjoy our business & treat us with respect & not stop us every 1/4 mile on an authorized atv trail & ask for our registration & insurance, like Law Enforcement does in NY. He asked a bunch of other questions & I refused to answer them. I then asked him why he stopped me. He made me show him my registration & insurance on my truck, my trailer & my atv. "He said he wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen". I told him if i did steal one, i sure wouldn't put it on an open trailer for everyone to see. He then followed me 26 miles, to the welding place. I have been harassed while hunting, fishing, boating, & atving. Being checked is not harassment. Being checked 4x in 1 day, in 2 miles of trails is. Having your boat swamped by DEC while fishing is. I told him he was a fucking asshole for swamping my boat & he threatened to arrest me if I swore at him again. I did nothing wrong. He swamped my boat just to check my fishing license. I had to go to shore before i sunk in my 10' jon boat. Being checked 3x in 1 day, by the same 2 DEC Officers, while hunting is. I really hate this state & detest the Law Enforcement Officers who treat everyone as if they are guilty & feel it is ok to treat you with such disrespect & then threaten to arrest you for calling them what they are, when they do dumb shit like that.
Just get out of NY State. Be safe in the meantime.

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Bill2014 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:02 am

If you give the cops attitude, they will surely make your life difficult. And how does this benefit you?

If you give auto or camper dealers attitude, they won't feel compelled to bend over backwards to help you either.

In my younger years, I was much more arrogant and harsher dealing with people. I would cuss and swear people up and down... Everything was always stressful. Perhaps it's not NYS that is the only problem... (speaking as a fellow rural New Yorker)

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar... You can win people to your side more easily by gentle persuasion and flattery than by hostile confrontation.
:cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006