Board index Miscellaneous Off-Topic

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat

Re: Why the lack of subforums?

Postby nts007 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm

A lot of us (3rd gen guys) migrated here from dodge talk for exactly the same reasons. It got really corporate and some mild feuds started. It made most sense for the powerwagon group to migrate here. And it's been great. If anything we only need to add a how to section that dan have sub sections for body drivetrain Ect ext. Would be easier that way too as no other changes would have to happen
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--bilstein 7100s--37" Cooper ST-Maxx--DOR Long arms--Carli track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist
nts007
1000_Posts

Postby Low_Sky » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Pit Slave, I appreciate the work you put into this place. Thanks! Since you're listening, I'll share my thoughts on it. I agree with your stance on moderating, that it shouldn't be heavy handed. We are lucky to have a little community that doesn't need any babysitting or wrist slapping, but I think we could benefit from a little bit of daily upkeep. The two big mod needs I see right now are some reorganization (my ideas on the subject are below), and some archiving and old thread locking (especially in the locker bypass thread necromancing and new thread creation arena). The locker bypass threads could probably even stand to have a few years worth of "I want one" and "you can't have one" posts just deleted.

Regarding the forum index, my suggestion is for just a little re-grouping and re-branding of existing subs, and breaking out gen-specific tech talk and Gadgets/Gizmos.

Administrative
    Rules/privacy/copyright
PW Talk
    General PW talk (not gen-specific)
    Gen-specific tech talk - including suspension, bumpers and wheel/tire fit
      Present-2014.5 (G4.5)
      2014.5-2009 (G4)
      2009-2001 (G3)
      Vintage PW
Social Corner
    Get Togethers and Trip Reports
    Member Builds
    Off-Topic
Gear and Accessories (tech talk and general discussion)
    Recovery gear and techniques
    Wired accessories - Aux lights/On board air/Dual batteries
    Electronics - Radio/GPS/SatCom
    Camping - RTTs, travel trailers, ground tents, crapper buckets, etc.
    Everything else - tools, fuel cans, significant others
Marketplace
    Classifieds (Buy/Sell/Trade)
    Vendors (require sponsorship to help with forum maintenance costs?)

And for what it's worth, I spend enough time on this forum that I would gladly chip in a little if you guys wanted to set up a donation or contributing member type thing to help with server costs.
John

Alaska
2015 PW Laramie w/RamBox
Custom rock sliders
Low_Sky
250_Posts

Postby MikeKey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
ADMIN
    Rules & Announcements <-- rename this, post site wide announcements here, like details of site upgrade.

Questions & Forum Problems (Maybe, do problems come up?)

PW TALK
    General PW talk (not gen-specific)
    Gen-specific tech talk - including suspension, bumpers and wheel/tire fit
      Present-2014.5 (G4.5)
      2014.5-2009 (G4)
      2009-2001 (G3)
      Vintage PW
    Member Builds
MEETUPS & GATHERINGS
GEAR & ACCESSORIES <-- I don't feel like we have enough discussion to break this up.
Off-TOPIC DISCUSSION (anything goes)
MARKETPLACE
    Classifieds (Buy/Sell/Trade)
    Vendors (require sponsorship to help with forum maintenance costs?)

And for what it's worth, I spend enough time on this forum that I would gladly chip in a little if you guys wanted to set up a donation or contributing member type thing to help with server costs.

I like it. But with a few tweaks. :cheers:
15 PW Laramie w/ Ramboxes, 35" Toyo AT's, Custom High Clearance Bumper, WKOR Sliders, Purple Cranium Diff Covers, K&N, Magnaflow, AEV Intake
[Build Thread] [Instagram]
MikeKey
500_Posts

Postby fbenross » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Pit Slave wrote:I will agree that there are a lot of sticky threads and I want to try and organise that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

agree on the amount of stickies......I know a lot of us have been together since the DodgeTalk days, and I like our simple/not too many rules forum.
Ben CW3 2/10th AIR CAV FT ORD CA. (retired)
2006 Power Wagon-6spd, rear air bags, Diff Guards:Carli F. RockCrusher R., matching rim for spare tire, removed back seat for storage----I own the following: 2005 Hallmark pop-top Camper---1970 Scout 800 4x4 w/232ci 6cyl 4spd---2006 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport---Pictures @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerwagon/collections
fbenross
500_Posts

Previous

Return to Off-Topic