New taxes in Cali!

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Re: New taxes in Cali!

Post by TwinStick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:20 pm

My Uncle also went to Wy, for 2 weeks, to look at property/houses. He said the issue he had was this: every place that he found where he would like to live seemed about the same: 60 miles of dirt roads to get to the gravel roads, 60 miles of gravel roads to get to the paved roads & another 60+ miles of paved roads to get to town. He said just getting car parts or groceries was an entire day affair or an overnighter if weather was bad. Wife said: no way, no how, too remote, so he is still in WNY as well. Maybe in our retirement travels we will find paradise. :lol:

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:43 pm

TwinStick wrote:My Uncle also went to Wy, for 2 weeks, to look at property/houses. He said the issue he had was this: every place that he found where he would like to live seemed about the same: 60 miles of dirt roads to get to the gravel roads, 60 miles of gravel roads to get to the paved roads & another 60+ miles of paved roads to get to town. He said just getting car parts or groceries was an entire day affair or an overnighter if weather was bad. Wife said: no way, no how, too remote, so he is still in WNY as well. Maybe in our retirement travels we will find paradise. :lol:
I hear you brother...it's not convenient sometimes, and places like AK, WY, MT, ID are NOT for everyone, that's for sure. My wife is a petite city girl from Florida and a FSU grad. We met when I was stationed at Eglin AFB in Ft Walton Beach/Destin, and I've since drug her around all over the country, and although she's not super outdoorsy, she's not a hunter, she's not into PW's, guns, or camping, but she fully supports me in those endeavors, and we share the same belief system, love of country, hatred of unconstitutional artifacts of democratic society, our welfare state, and govn't meddling, despise burdensome taxation for social justice, and want to be as far removed from the invading plight, and awful humidity of the SE and MW part of the country, so she's on board for settling down out West. Everyone has to make peace with those things on some level... :patriot:
Last edited by adeluca73 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:57 pm

I think the answer is Montana. My uncle and cousins lived in Wyoming and I spent some time there as a kid. Great for kids, not so much if you actually have to get things done. Uncle has long passed and cousins are mostly in Canada and Arizona. I tried to talk my wife into moving to Arizona but she would have no part of it. Wanted to be near the kids and her friends. The kids live 400 miles away, so we don't see them that often anyway. So I am stuck in California. BTW, it was 88F today with a light breeze. Hard to not like that.

Back to the topic of the thread (new taxes in CA), heard on the radio today that the dolts in Sacramento have five new vehicle taxes or tax increases that they are trying to pass. And the dummy voters in Los Angeles County passed a sales tax increase in last week's election to fund housing development for the homeless. But there is no money to fix the Oroville Dam or to build new water infrastructure. Fools and thieves running this asylum.

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Ducky's Dad wrote:I think the answer is Montana. My uncle and cousins lived in Wyoming and I spent some time there as a kid. Great for kids, not so much if you actually have to get things done. Uncle has long passed and cousins are mostly in Canada and Arizona. I tried to talk my wife into moving to Arizona but she would have no part of it. Wanted to be near the kids and her friends. The kids live 400 miles away, so we don't see them that often anyway. So I am stuck in California. BTW, it was 88F today with a light breeze. Hard to not like that.

Back to the topic of the thread (new taxes in CA), heard on the radio today that the dolts in Sacramento have five new vehicle taxes or tax increases that they are trying to pass. And the dummy voters in Los Angeles County passed a sales tax increase in last week's election to fund housing development for the homeless. But there is no money to fix the Oroville Dam or to build new water infrastructure. Fools and thieves running this asylum.
RUN

https://youtu.be/B177YS0YGyY
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:03 am

Ducky's Dad wrote:I think the answer is Montana. My uncle and cousins lived in Wyoming and I spent some time there as a kid. Great for kids, not so much if you actually have to get things done. Uncle has long passed and cousins are mostly in Canada and Arizona. I tried to talk my wife into moving to Arizona but she would have no part of it. Wanted to be near the kids and her friends. The kids live 400 miles away, so we don't see them that often anyway. So I am stuck in California. BTW, it was 88F today with a light breeze. Hard to not like that.

:lol:
Attachments
Thread Detour.jpg
Thread Detour.jpg (17.15 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 am

I will keep it to the point. Describing the most current I know of in New Jersey. I have friends who are firemen and detectives/cops. They hate the bureaucracy and are doing what they can to change it. It is creating an impact. I have a friend who is in jail. He had a choice of further education, the other choice is learn how to be a criminal, or become a better one. Currently he holds top honor in the state, is the smartest. How did he get there in the first place? The school system. Teachers tried to pull him down to the dumb level or didn't believe he was that smart. When you're that smart or good, you get bored very quickly and want a challenging curriculum. They didn't give it and he retaliated. It's what most youth will do when they feel they have no place to go. I know the feeling he went through in school because it happened to me. The difference was my mom threatened the school. Why in my 10th grade I'm put in a class to learn 2 plus 11? No joke.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D