Moving east.

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
Wyocrawler

Moving east.

Post by Wyocrawler » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Well we have left the big empty and will be in Indiana Pa. for a few months and then settling in Zanesville Oh. Any thing to do with the Power Wagon and the rock buggy?

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: Moving east.

Post by Ken G. » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:27 pm

I grew up not real far from Indiana, PA....there are plenty of trails out in the hills around there, and also up in the Allegheny National Forest. Also, Rausch Creek Off Road Park, out east, north of Harrisburg is an outstanding off road destination. Don't know a whole bunch about Ohio. I am going the opposite way in a few years....either the Wasatch Front in Utah, or the Flathead Valley of Montana. Once you get out here, all of the eastern Winch Mob crew will definitely hope to meet up with you and get out on the trails! Safe travels! :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Welcome to the east coast. I've been wanting to do the opposite and move out west to Wyoming, Montana or Idaho. My father in law owns property in Noble and Guernsey County in Ohio. Definitely good hunting out there! There are quite a few of us in your new neck of the woods. We' ll have to get you in on our next PW get together. :grin:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Long Gone:
'05 Silver Power Wagon: # 869: Custom Rear Hitch & Bed Clearance Mod, Custom Front and Rear Tubular Bumpers, Airflow 3rd Gen Snorkel, Diablo Sport Predator, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain, Flow Master 40, Mopar Rock Rails, Warn 15,000lb Winch,with Thermal Bypass, 4.56 Locking front and rear Diffs, Sway-bar disconnect, Uprgraded " T " steering linkage, Fully Skid plated with fore and aft bars, Carli Front Diff Protector, RockCrusher Rear Diff Pro, Bilstein 5100's with rear Custom Valving, Pit Slave Winch Strap, CajunPW PNP Locker By-Pass,

Follow Me, I'll Pull You Out...AFTER you pull me out......
Rausch Creek 2010 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Spring Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2012 Spring Run
Future Rausch Creek 2013 Spring Run June 22nd!

"There is no hunting, like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter." --Earnest Hemmingway--

Wyocrawler

Post by Wyocrawler » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Sounds good, thanks for the welcome. We lived in Rock Springs wy for 13 years and loved it, gonna miss it alot but we are looking forward to a new adventure. Hope to meet lots of like minded wheelers out here.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Welcome to our neck of the woods! It must have been real tough to leave. I hope we will see you at the next Rausch Creek rally.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Welcome to my neck of the woods. Indiana is about 2 hours from me. Nice college town. Had friends that went to college there. Been awhile since I been there. Now you have to watch out for the gas well drillers. They are drilling gas wells all over this part of the state. When they get done. They should leave some nice dirt roads to explore. When you go out to dinner. It sounds like you are in the south some place. With most of the drillers from there.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Wyocrawler

Post by Wyocrawler » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Look out! We are oil field trash. Lol.

Wyocrawler

Post by Wyocrawler » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh. Where is Rousch Creek and when?

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Wyocrawler wrote:Oh. Where is Rousch Creek and when?
Rausch Creek Off Road Park is north of Harrisburg, PA. You can Google search it and see exactly where it is in relation to where you'll be. They have a complete website. It will be a few hours east of where you'll be in Indiana, Pennsyltucky...but it is well worth the trip. There will be a Fall Winch Mob run there, but I don't know the particulars on that just yet....I just went to my first one this past Spring. It was a blast! Also, a few of us eastcoast Power Wagon guys are trying to do a bit of wheeling in the George Washington National Forest here in Virginia later this Summer....probably in August. It wouldn't be too awful far for you to come to that either (about 7 hours, give or take), especially since I'm sure you're used to driving long distances to get places from your time out in Wyoming!! :lol:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Welcome to the area. I'm about 45 min E of Buffalo NY. :cheers:

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by vanished » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Welcome! I'm about 1:15 from you as well... most of the trails in this area are posted but there are a few left. I'm also planning on the next rc trip! :)

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2