Camping

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Camping

Post by verdesardog » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

It's probably too late for any of you to plan for this but I'm going camping for a week in Idaho. Woodsmoke is the name of the venue. Look on the net for backtracks, they are hosting this along with two others I go to evey year.

Here is a short synopsis:

We originally planned 12 University classes based on 100 participants. Since we are short of that number, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favor of the Fieldcraft classes, Thursday thru Saturday will focus on those topics. For those who chose Plant Life – Useful, Medicinal, Constructive; Animal Life – Tracking, Trapping, Processing, Tanning; Navigation or Stove Making as you first or second choices, you will focus on that topic (see the enclosed University Roster). For those who chose classes that were project-based (Forging, Scandi Knives and sheaths, Clothing, etc.) classes will begin Monday evening and run in shorter blocks all the way until Saturday (See Evening Workshop schedule). This will allow most everyone to do at least one hands-on project during the week (some workshops will require a small materials fee). During the morning and afternoon blocks, we will focus on a central topic followed by breakout workshops lasting from 30 minutes to 2 ½ hours. These short classes will have some projects requiring a materials fee as well.

I will be teaching land navigation, map and compass, gps and alternative methods.
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Camping

Post by ldgregory » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 pm

You and my dad would get along great. He teaches Land Navigation and Wilderness Survival at the university here.

http://survivalperspective.com/
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges