Ken's '79 CJ with Iron Pig Mods

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Ken's '79 CJ with Iron Pig Mods

Post by Ken G. » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 am

Here are a couple pics of my old CJ. I donated it to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation a little over a year ago to help out the families of my fallen SOF brothers. The rock sliders and tube fenders on the rig, along with a bunch of other mods, were done by Iron Pig Off Road in Fredericksburg, VA. Just wanted to show the high quality work done by those guys, if anyone in the area ever wants stuff done to their PW or other rig. They are building the rear diff skid plate for me, and also stout rock sliders (just like those pictured) for my PW. Sorry the pics are B&W, they are the only ones I could find. Kinda miss that old Jeep!
Attachments
IMG_0895.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Re: Ken's '79 CJ with Iron Pig Mods

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 am

Nice! I'm good for sliders, but I'm definitely looking forward to the diff protector.
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Nice! One of my wheelin' buddy's is driving a CJ on full widths and a 401. Always like the old CJ's!
I'm just along for the ride...

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks, Gents! It was a pretty good rig.....invested a lot of $, time, sweat, blood, & even a few tears into it. Had a tricked '78 302 from a Mustang in it....hot cam, Elelbrock intake, Holley Truck Avenger, MSD ignition, dual Optimas. beefed-up 9" rear and beefed Dana 30 front both locked and with 4.11's. t-19A 4 speed tranny from a Scout pickup (6.32 1st gear!), Tera Low kit, custom drive shafts and SS exhaust, full cage, M-8000 with Amsteel Blue line, Centerforce clutch, twin stick'ed Dana 20 t-case, skid plated front to rear. But being an old Jeep...it required a good bit of TLC, which got tough when I was deploying overseas so often. I miss it, but I am definitely happy with my PW...that's been my dream truck for many years! Iron Pig did great work on the Jeep, so I'm certain they will do the same on my PW! ;)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 pm

If a CJ isn't leaking, it's empty...
I'm just along for the ride...

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Cactus Red wrote:If a CJ isn't leaking, it's empty...
Truer words have never been written! That thing marked its territory everywhere it went....worse than my dogs! :lol: