Page 123 of 128

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
by scoutpappa
JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm
by olyelr
scoutpappa wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.

The aev wheels are a half inch wider and have a little less backspacing, compared to the stock wheels. They will stick out about an inch wider or so.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm
by JamesWyatt
scoutpappa wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.
Your question was answered above, but yes, AEV engineers these to work with larger tires without trimming for 35s and small 37s. I can also attest to the fact that every time I’ve ditched the factory wheels on a Jeep Wrangler/RAM and put on an AEV wheels, I’ve ended up with better balanced tires and a superior ride. Not sure how other aftermarket wheels do, but I’ve never been a fan of factory wheels when going up on tire size. The Power Wagon’s stock wheels may be better than most, but even going a little wider and a little further out makes a difference in the ride quality.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 am
by Mule
Image

Know what this truck needs? More radios. :lol:
Image

Fire made comms exciting for a while. Fortunately we've got a good crew and know what we're doing, able to shed load and bring up additional capacity on various systems without touching towers.
Good design + good infrastructure + good equipment = good performance.
Image

Image

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 am
by DamageWagon
Substation Fire? What are you guys doing for support?

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 am
by Mule
DamageWagon wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 am
Substation Fire? What are you guys doing for support?
Probably lightning.

Support for county sheriffs office for Rally Colorado. Communications (infrastructure, radio staff) and general public-safety/ops.
Image

Race officials were somewhat understaffed/undervolunteered, so in addition to my above duties, I was also starting line control. :lol: I think captain was a bit relieved to have a racer (even if it's a snowmobile racer) along with him.
Image

Got to make a memorable radio call in the morning...
Organized everyone in town, at the church parking lot. Caravan'd out, there were about 9 vehicles in front of us that all transited to and entered the course, and we (myself+captain (from Detroit) in my pickup, with another volunteer (local, yoga pants/sandals kinda gal) in her car) stayed at starting line. Stopped/idled my pickup, got out to survey the area and take direction from captain on where things were going to be set up.
Three of us on foot maybe 50ft from my pickup, and a bear pops out of the brush onto the road maaaaybe 20ft in front of us.
Bear stared at us, we stared at the bear for a few seconds, then bear took off down the road and into the woods.

"Control, Start 9. Be advised I have a bear on the course. Wildlife."
[long pause] "Confirm, there is a *bear* on the course?"
"Affirm." .... [another long pause] "Standby."

Pretty sure I had the full attention of everybody on the talkgroup at that point. :shock:
Command had a deputy head over to take a look... meanwhile I called a quick tailgate meeting. "Coolers with lunches and drinks that aren't water stay in the bed of my pickup, trash goes in the bag in the front passenger seat. Be mindful of food, try and keep things clean around here. We'll use other heavy-stuff to anchor the ez-ups today instead of the coolers like we did yesterday." I opted to carry my sidearm the rest of the day.
Got everything set up, deputy arrived and surveyed the situation. Briefed him, he said it sounds like I had things covered, and was in 100% agreement with my decision to carry. :lockedandloaded: Fortunately no more ursine issues the rest of the day.
Image

Image

Org's first UTV-class event, and these guys first-ever UTV race. Of the four that started, these are the only guys that finished. Got to chat with them for a while at the starting line since there was a bit of downtime between cars and UTVs, fun group.
Image

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:37 am
by LagunaH1
Cool to see others who help out rally racing. I occasionally help out 2 races out here in California (Gorman Rally and High Desert Trails)

A few years back I had a similar experience, but with a cow on the stage right as the car was about to start. Went something like this:

Me: "Comm captain, block 1. There is a cow on the stage"
Comm captain: "Er...... Roger, did you say a cow? Either way: Start radio, comm captain. Hold the start"
Start radio: "Comm captain, start radio. Copy"

Net control had monitored the traffic, so:

Net control: "Comm captain, net control. We copied block 1's traffic. Can you see if he can shoo the cow away?"
Comm captain: "Let's see. Block 1 did you copy net control?"
Me: "I did. The cow has left again"

Then there was the year where a car caught fire. That got real busy real quick.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm
by TommyG
A little salt and sand in OBX.
OBX1.jpg
We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:
OBX3.jpg

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 am
by Chubbs
SpqsV5%uS3ud2c1bJRDJAg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2e2.jpeg
Last night heading to the Rademachers to watch the sunset.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am
by Low_Sky
TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.
OBX1.jpg
We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:
OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
by TommyG
Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am
TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.

OBX1.jpg

We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:

OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am
by Bill2014
TommyG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am
TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.

OBX1.jpg

We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:

OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
Now that sounds like a fun tow company job - policing the beach! :cheers:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:20 pm
by KevinABQ
I’ve heard of guys who will drive your vehicle onto and out of the beach for you or tow you out if you do it. It’s like 10 bucks to drive it or 250 to pull you out.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm
by TommyG
Bill2014 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am
TommyG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am


And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
Now that sounds like a fun tow company job - policing the beach! :cheers:
It wouldn't suck.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 am
by jbryanbriscoe
thanks for little me in the pwr seems like a lot of good info in here...here is my new 2018 pw badge deleted truck

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm
by jbryanbriscoe
with predictive text on "little" was trying to say 'letting " and an upside down pic ...had a very bad first post sorry
....

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:34 pm
by Mule
Didn't know they had PW's in Australia. :lol:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 pm
by 1pieceatatime
Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 pm
by RustyPW
Mule wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:34 pm
Didn't know they had PW's in Australia. :lol:
2X!

:winchmob:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:46 pm
by Retired BLM Rig
jbryanbriscoe wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm
with predictive text on "little" was trying to say 'letting " and an upside down pic ...had a very bad first post sorry
....
I hate it when that happens to me. The picture is right side up when I click on it. Probably some kind of software glitch.
Welcome aboard! :patriot:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 pm
by Ramajama
Well, I’ve been a lurker and occasional poster for awhile. Finally got my 2018 Power Wagon back in November of 17. :rockon: just now posting because I couldn’t get on the new site. But with a little help I’m finally back on. Been busy using the beast with a trip to Florida and the Grand Canyon , and pulling daily driver duties, and it’s been a blast! Been planning this purchase for awhile. I even had an eight foot tall third car garage door and an extra 6 feet of length put into the garage on our new house in order to more than accommodate the impending Power Wagon :lol: This truck has exceeded my already high expectations. I’ve had a ton of vehicles and this thing is by far my favorite!
We have a trip to Moab planned in October. A site at Archview RV resort is already booked. :cheers:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm
by Mule
Mmmmm dirt bikes. Wrong color though. :lol:
Image

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:12 pm
by Ramajama
Mule wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Mmmmm dirt bikes. Wrong color though. :lol:
Image
I know! That orange is just wrong! :thppt: :lol:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am
by b40huckers
my 2017

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:13 pm
by olyelr
Lucky bum! I had to get rid of my JKUR for my Power Wagon. And I sure do miss it!