Power Wagon Picture Thread

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
User avatar
scoutpappa
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:05 pm
Model Year: 2017

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by scoutpappa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm

JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3267
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by olyelr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm

scoutpappa wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.

The aev wheels are a half inch wider and have a little less backspacing, compared to the stock wheels. They will stick out about an inch wider or so.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

User avatar
JamesWyatt
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:04 pm
Model Year: 2018

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by JamesWyatt » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm

scoutpappa wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.
Your question was answered above, but yes, AEV engineers these to work with larger tires without trimming for 35s and small 37s. I can also attest to the fact that every time I’ve ditched the factory wheels on a Jeep Wrangler/RAM and put on an AEV wheels, I’ve ended up with better balanced tires and a superior ride. Not sure how other aftermarket wheels do, but I’ve never been a fan of factory wheels when going up on tire size. The Power Wagon’s stock wheels may be better than most, but even going a little wider and a little further out makes a difference in the ride quality.

User avatar
Mule
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Rocky Mtns
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Mule » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 am

Image

Know what this truck needs? More radios. :lol:
Image

Fire made comms exciting for a while. Fortunately we've got a good crew and know what we're doing, able to shed load and bring up additional capacity on various systems without touching towers.
Good design + good infrastructure + good equipment = good performance.
Image

Image

User avatar
DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Posts: 2032
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 am
Model Year: 2011

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by DamageWagon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 am

Substation Fire? What are you guys doing for support?

User avatar
Mule
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Rocky Mtns
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Mule » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 am

DamageWagon wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 am
Substation Fire? What are you guys doing for support?
Probably lightning.

Support for county sheriffs office for Rally Colorado. Communications (infrastructure, radio staff) and general public-safety/ops.
Image

Race officials were somewhat understaffed/undervolunteered, so in addition to my above duties, I was also starting line control. :lol: I think captain was a bit relieved to have a racer (even if it's a snowmobile racer) along with him.
Image

Got to make a memorable radio call in the morning...
Organized everyone in town, at the church parking lot. Caravan'd out, there were about 9 vehicles in front of us that all transited to and entered the course, and we (myself+captain (from Detroit) in my pickup, with another volunteer (local, yoga pants/sandals kinda gal) in her car) stayed at starting line. Stopped/idled my pickup, got out to survey the area and take direction from captain on where things were going to be set up.
Three of us on foot maybe 50ft from my pickup, and a bear pops out of the brush onto the road maaaaybe 20ft in front of us.
Bear stared at us, we stared at the bear for a few seconds, then bear took off down the road and into the woods.

"Control, Start 9. Be advised I have a bear on the course. Wildlife."
[long pause] "Confirm, there is a *bear* on the course?"
"Affirm." .... [another long pause] "Standby."

Pretty sure I had the full attention of everybody on the talkgroup at that point. :shock:
Command had a deputy head over to take a look... meanwhile I called a quick tailgate meeting. "Coolers with lunches and drinks that aren't water stay in the bed of my pickup, trash goes in the bag in the front passenger seat. Be mindful of food, try and keep things clean around here. We'll use other heavy-stuff to anchor the ez-ups today instead of the coolers like we did yesterday." I opted to carry my sidearm the rest of the day.
Got everything set up, deputy arrived and surveyed the situation. Briefed him, he said it sounds like I had things covered, and was in 100% agreement with my decision to carry. :lockedandloaded: Fortunately no more ursine issues the rest of the day.
Image

Image

Org's first UTV-class event, and these guys first-ever UTV race. Of the four that started, these are the only guys that finished. Got to chat with them for a while at the starting line since there was a bit of downtime between cars and UTVs, fun group.
Image

LagunaH1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 am

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by LagunaH1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:37 am

Cool to see others who help out rally racing. I occasionally help out 2 races out here in California (Gorman Rally and High Desert Trails)

A few years back I had a similar experience, but with a cow on the stage right as the car was about to start. Went something like this:

Me: "Comm captain, block 1. There is a cow on the stage"
Comm captain: "Er...... Roger, did you say a cow? Either way: Start radio, comm captain. Hold the start"
Start radio: "Comm captain, start radio. Copy"

Net control had monitored the traffic, so:

Net control: "Comm captain, net control. We copied block 1's traffic. Can you see if he can shoo the cow away?"
Comm captain: "Let's see. Block 1 did you copy net control?"
Me: "I did. The cow has left again"

Then there was the year where a car caught fire. That got real busy real quick.
2016 RAM 2500 Power Wagon SLT
NR6E

User avatar
TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm
Model Year: 2012

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by TommyG » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm

A little salt and sand in OBX.
OBX1.jpg
We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:
OBX3.jpg
Attachments
OBX3.jpg
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50

Chubbs
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:34 pm
Model Year: 2018

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Chubbs » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 am

SpqsV5%uS3ud2c1bJRDJAg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2e2.jpeg
Last night heading to the Rademachers to watch the sunset.
2018 Power Wagon
Bright Silver, Dual Alternators, Leather and Luxury, Ram Boxes

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Model Year: 2015
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Low_Sky » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.
OBX1.jpg
We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:
OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

User avatar
TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm
Model Year: 2012

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by TommyG » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am

Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am
TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.

OBX1.jpg

We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:

OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50

User avatar
Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Northern NY

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Bill2014 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am

TommyG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am
TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.

OBX1.jpg

We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:

OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
Now that sounds like a fun tow company job - policing the beach! :cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

KevinABQ
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 pm
Model Year: 2018
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by KevinABQ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:20 pm

I’ve heard of guys who will drive your vehicle onto and out of the beach for you or tow you out if you do it. It’s like 10 bucks to drive it or 250 to pull you out.
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline

User avatar
TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm
Model Year: 2012

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by TommyG » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Bill2014 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am
TommyG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am


And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
Now that sounds like a fun tow company job - policing the beach! :cheers:
It wouldn't suck.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50

jbryanbriscoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:38 am
Model Year: 2018

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by jbryanbriscoe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 am

thanks for little me in the pwr seems like a lot of good info in here...here is my new 2018 pw badge deleted truck
Attachments
063.jpg

jbryanbriscoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:38 am
Model Year: 2018

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by jbryanbriscoe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm

with predictive text on "little" was trying to say 'letting " and an upside down pic ...had a very bad first post sorry
....

User avatar
Mule
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Rocky Mtns
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Mule » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Didn't know they had PW's in Australia. :lol:

User avatar
1pieceatatime
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 pm
Model Year: 2018
Location: The Mitten

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by 1pieceatatime » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 pm

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by RustyPW » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Mule wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:34 pm
Didn't know they had PW's in Australia. :lol:
2X!

:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, 14,000 lb Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:46 pm

jbryanbriscoe wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm
with predictive text on "little" was trying to say 'letting " and an upside down pic ...had a very bad first post sorry
....
I hate it when that happens to me. The picture is right side up when I click on it. Probably some kind of software glitch.
Welcome aboard! :patriot:

Ramajama
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Ramajama » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Well, I’ve been a lurker and occasional poster for awhile. Finally got my 2018 Power Wagon back in November of 17. :rockon: just now posting because I couldn’t get on the new site. But with a little help I’m finally back on. Been busy using the beast with a trip to Florida and the Grand Canyon , and pulling daily driver duties, and it’s been a blast! Been planning this purchase for awhile. I even had an eight foot tall third car garage door and an extra 6 feet of length put into the garage on our new house in order to more than accommodate the impending Power Wagon :lol: This truck has exceeded my already high expectations. I’ve had a ton of vehicles and this thing is by far my favorite!
We have a trip to Moab planned in October. A site at Archview RV resort is already booked. :cheers:
Attachments
FAAC3704-555D-4EC8-BB6C-A6C2DEE6A7FB.jpeg
395F7B38-4405-45A8-859F-6B7B3CC6A85D.jpeg
5748183F-A784-42D8-B1A5-4771FBB7094B.jpeg
35626E2D-0789-407E-A1EC-FB08CD70B03C.jpeg
36F55417-9540-4396-B207-2628144F66F5.jpeg
196FD5AC-9218-49BA-9D38-1E35BC70308F.jpeg
E32274DB-4535-4B61-8442-D98EAE99A6AF.jpeg
2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon :rockon:
2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux

User avatar
Mule
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Rocky Mtns
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Mule » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Mmmmm dirt bikes. Wrong color though. :lol:
Image

Ramajama
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Ramajama » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Mule wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Mmmmm dirt bikes. Wrong color though. :lol:
Image
I know! That orange is just wrong! :thppt: :lol:
2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon :rockon:
2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux

User avatar
b40huckers
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 am
Model Year: 2017
Location: Great Falls

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by b40huckers » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am

my 2017
Attachments
69BC74E7-45AE-41D6-969E-BBB115AA53BD.jpeg
C8BC70EC-1726-46C1-970D-B101AF1D22FB.jpeg
B00567EC-0884-4747-9553-884115E35854.jpeg
212C5EA2-9CDC-41A4-B6C5-0281647BB6BB.jpeg
H.D. Smith
2017 Power Wagon
2018 Charger Daytona
1999 GMC Suburban

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3267
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by olyelr » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Lucky bum! I had to get rid of my JKUR for my Power Wagon. And I sure do miss it!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Post Reply