50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Chromolykid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Colibri wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 am
Chromolykid wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 am
Trying out some of the new Thuren parts. This spot used to get at least 1 tire off the ground... Not any more! :cash:
Hot damn! That’s one sexy truck you’ve built. One of the few new trucks that make me think twice about buying a newer truck than my 3rd gen. Did you do the rear diff cover with a stencil or freehand? I love that little touch :rockon:
Thanks! It’s actually just a sticker, a subtle Mad Max reference since she’s named Furiosa.
“Furiosa”
2016 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders
Walker Evans Wheels in 35” BFG KM3’s
DOR Steering Brace
Thuren Stage 1 KING 2.5’s
Thuren Coils Front & Rear
Thuren Track Bars Front & Rear
Thuren King Steering Stabilizer
Dethloff Swaybar Spacers
Thuren Swaybar Links Front & Rear
AEV Procal
Carli Front Diff Guard/Purple Cranium Half Spider Rear
Putco LED Headlights & Foglights
Custom Fender Flares and Grill

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Chromolykid wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm
Colibri wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 am
Chromolykid wrote:
Trying out some of the new Thuren parts. This spot used to get at least 1 tire off the ground... Not any more! :cash:
Hot damn! That’s one sexy truck you’ve built. One of the few new trucks that make me think twice about buying a newer truck than my 3rd gen. Did you do the rear diff cover with a stencil or freehand? I love that little touch :rockon:
I have some chrome spray paint in my glovebox just in case I get to ride my power wagon to Valhalla :lockedandloaded:

Thanks! It’s actually just a sticker, a subtle Mad Max reference since she’s named Furiosa.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Chromolykid wrote:

I would check this electrical line and make sure all is well.

Also, it would seem that since this same Thuren setup works with the non-power wagon models you should be able to remove the PW specific bump-stop spacer on the rear for some added compression. Not much, but what the hell.

Looking good!!!! :rockon:
Attachments
fer.jpeg
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Chromolykid
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Chromolykid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Good looking out olyelr, I noticed that when I put the track bar on. Just some sheathing that separated. Thanks for the reminder though, I need to wrap it up.
“Furiosa”
2016 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders
Walker Evans Wheels in 35” BFG KM3’s
DOR Steering Brace
Thuren Stage 1 KING 2.5’s
Thuren Coils Front & Rear
Thuren Track Bars Front & Rear
Thuren King Steering Stabilizer
Dethloff Swaybar Spacers
Thuren Swaybar Links Front & Rear
AEV Procal
Carli Front Diff Guard/Purple Cranium Half Spider Rear
Putco LED Headlights & Foglights
Custom Fender Flares and Grill

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Chromolykid wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:09 pm
Good looking out olyelr, I noticed that when I put the track bar on. Just some sheathing that separated. Thanks for the reminder though, I need to wrap it up.
Now that I think about it, I have a loose electrical line in that same area which I think is that same line. There is a connector on it that I could never figure out what it was supposed to get connected to, so my line is just flopping around loose... looks like yours is connected to the parking brake cable. I will give that a try, thanks!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

JamesWyatt
Model Year: 2018

Post by JamesWyatt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm

2018 Power Wagon
35x12.5r17 Toyo MTs on AEV RAM Saltas
_DSF4594.jpg
_DSF4598.jpg
_DSF4592.jpg
_DSF4599.jpg

KevinABQ
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by KevinABQ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Looks nice!
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline, 37 Toyo MT.

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Nice. Any rubbing at all?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

JamesWyatt

Post by JamesWyatt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm

TankerZak wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:07 pm
Nice. Any rubbing at all?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks. No rub at full lock both directions. I haven’t visually checked, but I can’t feel it hitting anything. Haven’t disconnected to check flex, but seems to be a lot of room in there.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 am

Wishing I was back. (minus the heat that is there currently)
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

scoutpappa
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by scoutpappa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm

JamesWyatt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm
2018 Power Wagon

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm

scoutpappa wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
JamesWyatt wrote:
2018 Power Wagon

Any difference in dimensions from the stock wheel to the Saltas? I know a lot of folks like to make custom changes but I'll be looking for tires soon and I like the stock wheels so just confirming there is nothing different in regards to offset, width, etc.

The aev wheels are a half inch wider and have a little less backspacing, compared to the stock wheels. They will stick out about an inch wider or so.

JamesWyatt

Post by JamesWyatt » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm

scoutpappa wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm
JamesWyatt wrote:
2018 Power Wagon

Your question was answered above, but yes, AEV engineers these to work with larger tires without trimming for 35s and small 37s. I can also attest to the fact that every time I’ve ditched the factory wheels on a Jeep Wrangler/RAM and put on an AEV wheels, I’ve ended up with better balanced tires and a superior ride. Not sure how other aftermarket wheels do, but I’ve never been a fan of factory wheels when going up on tire size. The Power Wagon’s stock wheels may be better than most, but even going a little wider and a little further out makes a difference in the ride quality.

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 am

Know what this truck needs? More radios. :lol:

Fire made comms exciting for a while. Fortunately we've got a good crew and know what we're doing, able to shed load and bring up additional capacity on various systems without touching towers.
Good design + good infrastructure + good equipment = good performance.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 am

Substation Fire? What are you guys doing for support?

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 am

DamageWagon wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 am
Substation Fire? What are you guys doing for support?
Probably lightning.

Support for county sheriffs office for Rally Colorado. Communications (infrastructure, radio staff) and general public-safety/ops.

Race officials were somewhat understaffed/undervolunteered, so in addition to my above duties, I was also starting line control. :lol: I think captain was a bit relieved to have a racer (even if it's a snowmobile racer) along with him.

Got to make a memorable radio call in the morning...
Organized everyone in town, at the church parking lot. Caravan'd out, there were about 9 vehicles in front of us that all transited to and entered the course, and we (myself+captain (from Detroit) in my pickup, with another volunteer (local, yoga pants/sandals kinda gal) in her car) stayed at starting line. Stopped/idled my pickup, got out to survey the area and take direction from captain on where things were going to be set up.
Three of us on foot maybe 50ft from my pickup, and a bear pops out of the brush onto the road maaaaybe 20ft in front of us.
Bear stared at us, we stared at the bear for a few seconds, then bear took off down the road and into the woods.

"Control, Start 9. Be advised I have a bear on the course. Wildlife."
[long pause] "Confirm, there is a *bear* on the course?"
"Affirm." .... [another long pause] "Standby."

Pretty sure I had the full attention of everybody on the talkgroup at that point. :shock:
Command had a deputy head over to take a look... meanwhile I called a quick tailgate meeting. "Coolers with lunches and drinks that aren't water stay in the bed of my pickup, trash goes in the bag in the front passenger seat. Be mindful of food, try and keep things clean around here. We'll use other heavy-stuff to anchor the ez-ups today instead of the coolers like we did yesterday." I opted to carry my sidearm the rest of the day.
Got everything set up, deputy arrived and surveyed the situation. Briefed him, he said it sounds like I had things covered, and was in 100% agreement with my decision to carry. :lockedandloaded: Fortunately no more ursine issues the rest of the day.

Org's first UTV-class event, and these guys first-ever UTV race. Of the four that started, these are the only guys that finished. Got to chat with them for a while at the starting line since there was a bit of downtime between cars and UTVs, fun group.

LagunaH1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by LagunaH1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:37 am

Cool to see others who help out rally racing. I occasionally help out 2 races out here in California (Gorman Rally and High Desert Trails)

A few years back I had a similar experience, but with a cow on the stage right as the car was about to start. Went something like this:

Me: "Comm captain, block 1. There is a cow on the stage"
Comm captain: "Er...... Roger, did you say a cow? Either way: Start radio, comm captain. Hold the start"
Start radio: "Comm captain, start radio. Copy"

Net control had monitored the traffic, so:

Net control: "Comm captain, net control. We copied block 1's traffic. Can you see if he can shoo the cow away?"
Comm captain: "Let's see. Block 1 did you copy net control?"
Me: "I did. The cow has left again"

Then there was the year where a car caught fire. That got real busy real quick.
2016 RAM 2500 Power Wagon SLT
NR6E

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by TommyG » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm

A little salt and sand in OBX.
OBX1.jpg
We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:
OBX3.jpg
Attachments
OBX3.jpg
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

Chubbs
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Chubbs » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 am

SpqsV5%uS3ud2c1bJRDJAg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2e2.jpeg
Last night heading to the Rademachers to watch the sunset.
2018 Power Wagon
Bright Silver, Dual Alternators, Leather and Luxury, Ram Boxes

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

TommyG wrote:A little salt and sand in OBX.
OBX1.jpg
We were laughing all week at people taking crossovers, little SUVs and cars out on the beach and getting stuck and just trashing them. Somebody took an afternoon and gathered up a small portion of the valence panels and air dams strewn up and down the beach to make a graveyard on the dune. Boulevard of broken beach dreams. :rofl:
OBX3.jpg
And did they get picked up and thrown in a dumpster after the photo op?

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TommyG » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am

Low_Sky wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

OBX1.jpg

OBX3.jpg

I take a lot of air dams and bumper valences off the trails around here. They’re a pain to throw away because I can’t just take them home, have to find a dumpster.

There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am

TommyG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Low_Sky wrote:

OBX1.jpg

OBX3.jpg

There are a couple of tow companies that have trucks running up and down the beach all day just pulling knuckleheads out. They clear up the great majority of it. It is tough to stay ahead of it day to day as there is a fresh crop every day but at the end of the season the place is pristine.
Now that sounds like a fun tow company job - policing the beach! :cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

KevinABQ
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by KevinABQ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:20 pm

I’ve heard of guys who will drive your vehicle onto and out of the beach for you or tow you out if you do it. It’s like 10 bucks to drive it or 250 to pull you out.
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline, 37 Toyo MT.

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TommyG » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Bill2014 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am
TommyG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Low_Sky wrote:

Now that sounds like a fun tow company job - policing the beach! :cheers:
It wouldn't suck.
2012 Power Wagon

jbryanbriscoe

Post by jbryanbriscoe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 am

thanks for little me in the pwr seems like a lot of good info in here...here is my new 2018 pw badge deleted truck
Attachments
063.jpg