Diff and Transfer Case Oil Recommendations

machete-lc
Model Year: 2015

Diff and Transfer Case Oil Recommendations

Post by machete-lc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Hopefully this hasn't been posted somewhere else? I searched but couldn't find anything.

In previous trucks I like to use Royal Purple Full Synthetic in my differentials and transfer case but haven't gotten around to changing the fluids in my 2015. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
MLC
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: Diff and Transfer Case Oil Recommendations

Post by ghaugo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Amsoil is what I would recommend for both. I can get you set up with both diff fluid and t-case fluid. Mine have been doing great since I switched. Send me a pm if you would like some info. A few of the guys here have bought some stuff and lots of them run Amsoil. Do some research and you will see there are a lot of guys who swear by their stuff. The Severe Gear diff fluid was the first product I used prior to becoming a dealer. I think they hit a home run with it. best of luck!
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders, Kenda Klever RT (35/12.50R17), ARE Z-Series Topper, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, WWSP HD Towing Valve Body, PML Transmission pan, Thuren XD Swaybar Links, Thuren XS front coils, Abel Components Full Swaybar Bypass, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:20 pm

I went from Chrysler spec to Royal Purple to Amsoil and did oil analysis on the engine along the way, but didn’t analyze the gear sets or cases.

Chrysler spec was acceptable.

RP was a little better.

Amsoil was flat out amazing and in a higher league. I went from 4,000 mile changes on factory oil to 6,000 mile changes on RP to 25,000 mile changes on Amsoil. The oil analysis at 28,000 miles with Amsoil was way better than 6,000 miles with RP.

I don’t have the numbers for the gears or trans or transfer case but I like Amsoil. Of all of them the transfer case is the most forgiving.

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by ghaugo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:05 pm

If you switch to Amsoil, the recommended fluids are as follows:
Engine Signature Series 0W40
Front and Rear Diffs Severe Gear 75W90
Transmission and T-Case Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF (Signature Series or OE)

I did some oil testing on mine and my buddies Toyota. He ran the Signature Series for 23,600 miles and it passed the oil tests as still suitable. I had 9,700 on mine and it was still good. They make good stuff.

Let me know if you have questions.
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders, Kenda Klever RT (35/12.50R17), ARE Z-Series Topper, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, WWSP HD Towing Valve Body, PML Transmission pan, Thuren XD Swaybar Links, Thuren XS front coils, Abel Components Full Swaybar Bypass, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

machete-lc
Model Year: 2015

Post by machete-lc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:49 pm

I really appreciate your responses and the offer. I will shoot you a PM here in the near future to talk about the details.

MLC
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear