Front locker plug

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Front locker plug

Post by drdfblackm » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 am

I posted this over at Facebook as well, so please excuse double post if you have seen it.

So I have a 2011 PW. My front axle locker plug is broken. This appears to happen often. Oddly enough my lockers both still work just fine. I am going to service the front axle and I figured I might as well fix it properly. So can anyone tell me how the plug on the top of the axle is sold? I can't find it in any diagrams. Mine is broken on the axle side. So I would need to probably pull the axles and gears and replace it....but again....cannot find anything but the actuator. I just need the fixed plug on top of the axle.

Any additional info needed I would be more than happy to give. Hopefully I am explaining this well enough.

Thank you for your help.

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Front locker plug

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:27 am

drdfblackm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 am
So I have a 2011 PW. My front axle locker plug is broken. This appears to happen often. Oddly enough my lockers both still work just fine. I am going to service the front axle and I figured I might as well fix it properly. So can anyone tell me how the plug on the top of the axle is sold? I can't find it in any diagrams. Mine is broken on the axle side. So I would need to probably pull the axles and gears and replace it....but again....cannot find anything but the actuator. I just need the fixed plug on top of the axle.

Any additional info needed I would be more than happy to give. Hopefully I am explaining this well enough.

Thank you for your help.
You said it happens often, but yours is the first one I've heard of so far. How many others have you experienced?

It's only sold complete with the actuator, however it could be replaced separately if it was available by itself.
Here are some pictures of a rear locker actuator that I have, the plug should be the same as the front for 2005-2013.
IMG_1974.jpg
I've tried searching for the numbers on my connector to no avail.
IMG_1979.jpg
The rest of this info is pretty useless since the part isn't available, unless you can find a used one.
IMG_1975.jpg
To disassemble, start by sliding the seal retainer back on the wires.
IMG_1976.jpg
Then slide out the seal.
IMG_1978.jpg
Use a pair of needle nose pliers or forceps to pull out the terminal lock plate.
IMG_1977.jpg
Use a pick tool to release the lock tabs for each terminal.
The terminals are gold plated.

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by drdfblackm » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Good info.

People forget to unplug them when dropping the front axle. Assume that is what happened to mine. Mine was broke when I got it.

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Maybe you could try contacting AAM to see if they can help you. The harness connector is made by Molex (MX150) but I can't find anything on their site for an O-ring sealed housing. You could buy Molex #33482-4001 and RTV or epoxy it in your housing.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:03 pm

Here's a link and screen-shot of the 2011 front locker harness connector replacement kit PN 68040492AB it has the colors of the wires mapped to the connector.

Link to the Mopar harness connector site.
https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com
Attachments
2011 PW Locker Harness Kit.png
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass