Possible camp out in central Texas?

RTTs, travel trailers, tents, crapper buckets
DiazOsos
Model Year: 2018

Post by DiazOsos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm

I’m new to this group and was wondering how many of y’all are from the central Texas area? I live near the Burnet Lampasas County line in the hill country. I don’t know if this is the right place or if I should post this without asking a moderator. So here it goes...My family has a ranch and we’ve lived here for 5 generations. I’m kicking around the idea of having a camp out on the ranch after deer season. I’ve got hunters on it till the end of season. But if people are interested I would start planning a date. It’s a LONG drive for those of us here to hit Moab etc. and other places that take over a day to drive to. It would be primitive camping too but I have a other thing besides wheeling to do. I’ve hosted mg shoots over the years and have a range a you can shoot well over 500 yds.
My place can’t compete with the beauty of Utah,New Mexico,Colorado etc. However it would be a place to play with your truck and exchange some ideas and not have to schedule a vacation and spend a ton of money to get to know each other. Just throwing it out there. If no one is into it that’s fine too. Best regards

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Re: Possible camp out in central Texas?

Post by Colibri » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:02 pm

I’d be down for that! I’ve met up with rodeoflyer out at my place near blanco before. I think that would be great to meet some more centex power wagon guys and have some fun. There’s at least 3-4 other guys in the general area. A Texas get together would be awesome
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

DiazOsos

Post by DiazOsos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:28 pm

I agree, even if we just do a afternoon of hanging. It’s up to y’all !

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Rodeoflyer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 am

I’d love to join you guys. I’m sitting out deer season this year partly due to cost and partly because I’ve missed the last 4-5 football seasons. It appears to have been a good plan because UT is having a winning season!

I think I miss the hanging out with good friends around the campfire drinking beer and socializing more than the hunting so I’m definitely interested if invited

I live in Leander, about 30 mins from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiazOsos

Post by DiazOsos » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 pm

You’re more than welcome to the proposed event.It seems we’re kinda on the same page. My days of field dressing a deer in freezing weather are done and done. I’d rather hangout at camp have a few drinks and make some chili or burn some steaks too. I still like to predator/ varmint hunt although not as aggressive as years gone by.
I commute to Round Rock during the week so we’re practically neighbors in this state.

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Rodeoflyer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Yes sir we are. I’ve lived in both Round Rock and just moved back up north from New Braunfels last May.

It’s nice this year without the anxiety of whats in the game cameras. What buck am I missing. Are the feeders full, are they working, etc. I love the actual deer hunting, dressing it, and especially the meat but the cost and anxiety I can live without lol.

Let me know when you’re able to accommodate us and I’ll gladly join you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk