Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Newbie Corner: New Members Must Post 1 post in this forum FIRST before posting elsewhere. This is a chance to let everyone know who you are, info about your wagon, etc.
RubiWgn
Model Year: 2006

Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by RubiWgn » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:02 am

phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

Just bought a 2006 Power Wagon this month, took it wheeling last weekend. 3D trail in Moab as a simple shakedown proved this 130k mile wagon is in need of some love. New shocks, modules, case selector switch, seat cushion, signal stalk, head and tail lights, fog lights, and control arms are all on the way. Hoping for a locker bypass and nanny switch too! It really needed to lose abs in the sand LOL!

It came with 35" tires so there's some rubbing when aired down. I'm hoping adjustable control arms will help fix that because the caster adjustment is frozen in place, bolt welded to the rubber. I figure if I'm tackling that, I may as well upgrade to heim joints or something.

So far really impressed!

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by Bill2014 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Welcome to the Group! :cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

Last time out to Moab. I was on that trail. :rockon:
:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Mule007
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule007 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, Enjoy 🌞👍 !!
:patriot:2005 Mineral Grey; QC- #0666: "Laramie", power heated Leather seats, tow mirrors, dual zones, Alpine 9 speaker surround sound, steering wheel cruise control, music & volume controls; remote start, 6 CD player, AC; dark charcoal silver interior.
Additions: Frame mounted .188 DOM 3" steel rock rails, low profile steps;1.5” Skyjacker leveling kit; Bully Dog GT Platinum A-pillar mount programmable performance chip, monitor,& tuner; Linex Platinum OTR HD bed & rock panel coating; Red Ryder matching cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard w/4-4” Halogen off road lights; Hopkins Trailer Mate brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB; Mopar black fender flares; PW winch accessory kit/remote control.
Tools: hand tools, 60” Extreme High Lift; rigging; straps; shackles; F&R chains; (2ea) rear wheel well NATO 20 L narrow gas cans & 5# extinguishers
Updates: Jasper Remfgr’d 5.7 Hemi Engine; Open Range AT 35x12.5 x17 MP3 10 ply E tires; Moog HD U/L front axle ball joints & wheel bearings; new link, sway, y bar & bushing assemblies; fuel pump; A/C exhaust fan & compressor;1 ton HEMI transmission cooler; OEM radiator; front pinion seal & bearing; Denso 180-amp alternator; Megatron 850 CCA HD battery; water pump, serpentine belt, Bilstein 2 5100 shocks/HD steering damper; F&R locker motors,sensors/u joints; 3" Magna flow cat back rear exit dual exhausts; Performance Brake/slotted rotor/caliper/pads

jessiedepiphany

Post by jessiedepiphany » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Okay sorry I don't have any advice or relevant commentary pertaining to your post. I'm actually completely confused about this app and have no idea what I'm doing lol. So sorry if this post is annoying or irrelevant. Thanks ! Image

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

jessiedepiphany wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm
Okay sorry I don't have any advice or relevant commentary pertaining to your post. I'm actually completely confused about this app and have no idea what I'm doing lol. So sorry if this post is annoying or irrelevant. Thanks ! Image

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
No worries about the app and this post. Just take a few minutes to learn it.

Welcome to the group. Curious, which drone did you use that followed you filming? It's pretty cool.

RubiWgn

Post by RubiWgn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am

AceMan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm
jessiedepiphany wrote:
Okay sorry...

Welcome to the group. Curious, which drone did you use that followed you filming? It's pretty cool.
Yeah, not sure what that post was about, I'm the OP.
My buddy has a Mavic Pro drone that I ended up buying from him after seeing this video. The thing was practically flying on it's side in 25mph gusts while following us as he piloted it from the backseat of the Power Wagon. I was really impressed.
Just fixed the shocks on the truck by replacing them with bilstein 5160s. Replaced the tcase selector switch but still occasionally get the 4WD Service light out of nowhere. The caster bolt is frozen in place on one side so I get some rubbing on the fenderwell. Definitely need new brakes and front U joints Just going through getting her back up to speed! Excited to go back to Moab from SLC soon and try both the drone and the truck out again!

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:59 pm

RubiWgn wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am
AceMan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm
jessiedepiphany wrote:
Okay sorry...

Yeah, not sure what that post was about, I'm the OP.
My buddy has a Mavic Pro drone that I ended up buying from him after seeing this video. The thing was practically flying on it's side in 25mph gusts while following us as he piloted it from the backseat of the Power Wagon. I was really impressed.
Just fixed the shocks on the truck by replacing them with bilstein 5160s. Replaced the tcase selector switch but still occasionally get the 4WD Service light out of nowhere. The caster bolt is frozen in place on one side so I get some rubbing on the fenderwell. Definitely need new brakes and front U joints Just going through getting her back up to speed! Excited to go back to Moab from SLC soon and try both the drone and the truck out again!
Oops, sorry. So that was a Mavic Pro. Interesting.

Sounds like you have a few parts to replace. :-) :cash: :cash: :patriot: