Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Newbie Corner: New Members Must Post 1 post in this forum FIRST before posting elsewhere. This is a chance to let everyone know who you are, info about your wagon, etc.
Post Reply
RubiWgn
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 pm
Model Year: 2006

Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by RubiWgn » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:02 am

phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

Just bought a 2006 Power Wagon this month, took it wheeling last weekend. 3D trail in Moab as a simple shakedown proved this 130k mile wagon is in need of some love. New shocks, modules, case selector switch, seat cushion, signal stalk, head and tail lights, fog lights, and control arms are all on the way. Hoping for a locker bypass and nanny switch too! It really needed to lose abs in the sand LOL!

It came with 35" tires so there's some rubbing when aired down. I'm hoping adjustable control arms will help fix that because the caster adjustment is frozen in place, bolt welded to the rubber. I figure if I'm tackling that, I may as well upgrade to heim joints or something.

So far really impressed!

User avatar
Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Northern NY

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by Bill2014 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Welcome to the Group! :cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 4659
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by RustyPW » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

Last time out to Moab. I was on that trail. :rockon:
:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '19 AOAA,

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

User avatar
Mule007
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Location: Colton, Oregon

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by Mule007 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, Enjoy 🌞👍 !!
2005 Mineral Gray PW; #0666
Frame mounted .188 wall 3" steel rock rails w/low profile steps; 2.5” Skyjacker suspension lift kit; GT Platinum SRT-10 A-pillar pod mount programmable performance chip, monitor, tuner; S&B CAI; Platinum black armor truck bed & lower rock panel armor coating; Matching Range Rider cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard light bar w/ 4-KC Rally 400 Series 4” Halogen driving/off road lights; Flowmaster American Thunder cat back dual exhaust; Remote start; Hopkins Trailer Mate trailer brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB radio; Mopar black accent fender flares; power wagon winch kit; 60” Extreme High Lift; and various other tools, parts, and off road rigging
Updated: Open Range All Terrain 35 x 12.5 x 17 MP3 10 ply E tires; McQuay-Norris Extreme ball joints; new OEM radiator; front & drive U-joints; Denso 180 amp alternator, Interstate Mega-tron 850 CCA HD battery;

jessiedepiphany
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by jessiedepiphany » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Okay sorry I don't have any advice or relevant commentary pertaining to your post. I'm actually completely confused about this app and have no idea what I'm doing lol. So sorry if this post is annoying or irrelevant. Thanks ! Image

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk


User avatar
AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 am
Model Year: 2006
Location: Delaware County, PA
Contact:

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by AceMan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

jessiedepiphany wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm
Okay sorry I don't have any advice or relevant commentary pertaining to your post. I'm actually completely confused about this app and have no idea what I'm doing lol. So sorry if this post is annoying or irrelevant. Thanks ! Image

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
No worries about the app and this post. Just take a few minutes to learn it.

Welcome to the group. Curious, which drone did you use that followed you filming? It's pretty cool.

RubiWgn
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 pm
Model Year: 2006

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by RubiWgn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am

AceMan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm
jessiedepiphany wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm
Okay sorry...
No worries about the app and this post. Just take a few minutes to learn it.

Welcome to the group. Curious, which drone did you use that followed you filming? It's pretty cool.
Yeah, not sure what that post was about, I'm the OP.
My buddy has a Mavic Pro drone that I ended up buying from him after seeing this video. The thing was practically flying on it's side in 25mph gusts while following us as he piloted it from the backseat of the Power Wagon. I was really impressed.
Just fixed the shocks on the truck by replacing them with bilstein 5160s. Replaced the tcase selector switch but still occasionally get the 4WD Service light out of nowhere. The caster bolt is frozen in place on one side so I get some rubbing on the fenderwell. Definitely need new brakes and front U joints Just going through getting her back up to speed! Excited to go back to Moab from SLC soon and try both the drone and the truck out again!

User avatar
AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 am
Model Year: 2006
Location: Delaware County, PA
Contact:

Re: Just took my new to me Power Wagon to Moab

Post by AceMan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:59 pm

RubiWgn wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 am
AceMan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm
jessiedepiphany wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm
Okay sorry...
No worries about the app and this post. Just take a few minutes to learn it.

Welcome to the group. Curious, which drone did you use that followed you filming? It's pretty cool.
Yeah, not sure what that post was about, I'm the OP.
My buddy has a Mavic Pro drone that I ended up buying from him after seeing this video. The thing was practically flying on it's side in 25mph gusts while following us as he piloted it from the backseat of the Power Wagon. I was really impressed.
Just fixed the shocks on the truck by replacing them with bilstein 5160s. Replaced the tcase selector switch but still occasionally get the 4WD Service light out of nowhere. The caster bolt is frozen in place on one side so I get some rubbing on the fenderwell. Definitely need new brakes and front U joints Just going through getting her back up to speed! Excited to go back to Moab from SLC soon and try both the drone and the truck out again!
Oops, sorry. So that was a Mavic Pro. Interesting.

Sounds like you have a few parts to replace. :-) :cash: :cash: :patriot:

Post Reply