Anyone got artistic skills?

Rules / Privacy / GDPR / Help
ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone got artistic skills?

Post by ldgregory » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 pm

I totally suck at logos and artwork. Hoping someone out there has some skills that would like to try their hand at designing a logo for this forum. It would live in the top left next to where it says "Power Wagon Registry The place for Power Wagon owners to hang" and might be used on the registry site (that thing needs a serious makeover too). If we get a few submissions, we could do a poll/vote.

You'd have our eternal gratitude and a mention as the logo designer somewhere permanent on here.

The only constraints are that I'd like to have the initials PWR fairly prominent in the image and that it scales down nicely to roughly 149 - 155 pixels wide and roughly 75 - 84 so it doesn't make that top bar of the forum too tall. Preferably with a transparent background in case we change the background color or style.

Thanks.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone got artistic skills?

Post by ldgregory » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Just a followup, the dimensions aren't critical. The width isn't important as much as the height. We just don't want a really tall title bar at the top.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Posted to the PWR group and shared it to a few others.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/446461382 ... 5784590183

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Sorry, I have no artistic skills. I know you're probably thinking of a new unique logo for PWR but I'm not that creative.
Power Wagons don't really have a logo tied to the name, the closest thing I could think of was the retro bedside stripe from the 70's and today. Also they've used a lot of different fonts through the years, which is no real help for brand recognition. I also don't have any software for doing this kind of thing so... Anyhow, with no training or software this is all I could come up with based on the idea of the bedside stripe. :oops:

PWRLogo2.jpg
I know, I know, wrong orientation for header bar/pixel size etc. I just thought I would offer something to try and get the ball rolling on this project.
PWRLogo2.jpg (23.81 KiB) Viewed 3656 times

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:02 pm

I actually like that concept. Very straight forward.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.