Back on the wagon

Plug-N-Play Locker Bypass Kits

Moderator: myoung84

User avatar
khicks
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: alberta

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by khicks » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:49 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456062480.366025.jpg
This is what I have lit up when selecting front & rear lock


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
khicks
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: alberta

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by khicks » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:49 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456062583.317450.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 am

wrench04 wrote:How do I get ahold of one of these kits...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send an email to lockerbypass@outlook.com. More units will be available in 2-3 weeks as I am waiting on materials.

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:13 am

khicks wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456062583.317450.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how my 05 reacted using the stock knob.

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm slaving away out in the bat cave for you next 25 guys. Yall get ready, as I sure am.

User avatar
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Wayland, MO

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Stickman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:41 pm

My stock '12 is this, haven't had the chance to install the kit yet, weather is just getting nice enough to consider it with a day off work. Image
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

User avatar
khicks
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: alberta

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by khicks » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Just got home from trying out the lockers. They engage/disengage ultra fast. 2wd with rear locked does amazing donuts and 4hi locked front and back I was able to climb up hills with 2ft of snow that I tried and failed in 4low. Having the ability to have high wheel spin in 4hi has completely unleashed the beast mode in the truck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Wayland, MO

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Stickman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Rtv'd my relays back in earlier, hoping I have this weekend off work so I can install mine. This sounds like I'm missing out now!
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

wrench04
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by wrench04 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Are the kits model year specfic?
If I had a 2012 and a 2015 would the kit work on either truck or DJ I require 2 different kits?


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
2015 Powerwagon
Locker Mod, 35" Rubber, synthetic rope

wrench04
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by wrench04 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:52 pm

To answer my own question they are different rear diff plugs according to CajunPW.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
2015 Powerwagon
Locker Mod, 35" Rubber, synthetic rope

User avatar
Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1762
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:06 am
Model Year: 2014
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Is that what is causing both lights to come on?
Best Year Power Wagon

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:59 pm

I've been busy plugging away on the next 25 kits. So far only 15 have confirmed they want one of them. Send a email to lockerbypass@outlook.com to get your name on the list. These should be ready in about 2 weeks. I'll have everything complete by Friday, and then I'm just waiting on the boxes to come in.

User avatar
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Wayland, MO

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Stickman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Well, I guess I'm gunna have to be the first with a negative "review" with my kit. Had time to install it earlier, took about 4 hours, about 2 or 3 running the wiring and making everything look factory and making sure everything looked good. Then about an hour scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong.

So I ran all the wiring, left the battery hookup till last to make sure nothing happened, then after I got all the wiring buttoned up I popped open the control box then hooked up the battery, nothing happened, no lights on in the box or anything. So I get in and start up the truck, no locker lights at all. I turn it off, make sure the positive and negative wires on the kits harness are both grounded and getting power, checked all the plugs, still nothing. So I started thinking maybe I used too much RTV or it wasn't letting electricity through the traces on the relay boards. So I start prying them out and scrapping as much off of them as I can. Hook it back up, nothing, so then the only thing left is the T harness that intercepts the factory harness.

I unplug it and look at it and 2 wires are not even close to being plugged into the plug, basically hanging out of the back. So I peel off the little bit of silicone on it and start checking wires, all but 3 of them are loose and I can basically pull them right out the back of the plug. I try to push them back in so they'll clip in but they won't, just keep pulling back out after I stop pushing.

Basically when I'm connecting it to the factory harness it's just pushing the pins away from the kits pins inside the plug and not connecting. So I don't know what else I can try, I tried opening the plug to see what was up but didn't feel like getting mad and breaking the plug making it completely useless.

Any ideas? Here's a couple pics of the box, the back of the boards after I cleaned them and the wires hanging out of the plug.
ImageImageImage
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Stickman wrote:Well, I guess I'm gunna have to be the first with a negative "review" with my kit. Had time to install it earlier, took about 4 hours, about 2 or 3 running the wiring and making everything look factory and making sure everything looked good. Then about an hour scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong.

So I ran all the wiring, left the battery hookup till last to make sure nothing happened, then after I got all the wiring buttoned up I popped open the control box then hooked up the battery, nothing happened, no lights on in the box or anything. So I get in and start up the truck, no locker lights at all. I turn it off, make sure the positive and negative wires on the kits harness are both grounded and getting power, checked all the plugs, still nothing. So I started thinking maybe I used too much RTV or it wasn't letting electricity through the traces on the relay boards. So I start prying them out and scrapping as much off of them as I can. Hook it back up, nothing, so then the only thing left is the T harness that intercepts the factory harness.

I unplug it and look at it and 2 wires are not even close to being plugged into the plug, basically hanging out of the back. So I peel off the little bit of silicone on it and start checking wires, all but 3 of them are loose and I can basically pull them right out the back of the plug. I try to push them back in so they'll clip in but they won't, just keep pulling back out after I stop pushing.

Basically when I'm connecting it to the factory harness it's just pushing the pins away from the kits pins inside the plug and not connecting. So I don't know what else I can try, I tried opening the plug to see what was up but didn't feel like getting mad and breaking the plug making it completely useless.

Any ideas? Here's a couple pics of the box, the back of the boards after I cleaned them and the wires hanging out of the plug.
ImageImageImage
Not sure how that happened. Can you ship the main harness back to me and I'll correct it or ship you one that's correct.

User avatar
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Wayland, MO

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Stickman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Man, I guess I can, just gunna suck having to take all that back out after spending so much time running it. How do you open the plug? Are the 2 tabs on the sides of the front of the plug it? I'd like to take a look at it and see if I can fix it without ripping it back out if I can.
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

User avatar
Mike-H
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 10:38 pm
Model Year: 2013
Location: Central, Az

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Mike-H » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Also was your truck running when you tested it? My 13 didn't light up till I stared the truck.

User avatar
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Wayland, MO

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by Stickman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Yea, didn't have lights when running or turned off. I know at least 3 of those wires in that plug weren't even capable of reaching the end of the plug just because they're too short.
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:29 pm

Stickman wrote:Yea, didn't have lights when running or turned off. I know at least 3 of those wires in that plug weren't even capable of reaching the end of the plug just because they're too short.

Send me an email with your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

User avatar
2016greyback
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 am

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by 2016greyback » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:31 am

Looks like I may have to get one of these by passes soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monteholic
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:20 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by monteholic » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:36 pm

patently waiting to hear when mine kit is ready! :)

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:52 pm

monteholic wrote:patently waiting to hear when mine kit is ready! :)

What's your name or email address? Just want to make sure I have you on my list.

User avatar
2016greyback
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 am

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by 2016greyback » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Can I get on the list?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:09 am

2016greyback wrote:Can I get on the list?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, email lockerbypass@outlook.com with your year model PW

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Got a lot done in the bat cave tonight. 25 units will be ready to mail out by Mid to late next week. If you're not already on the list or you haven't confirmed that you're still in via email please do so quickly so you don't miss out on this batch.

User avatar
CajunPW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Back on the wagon

Post by CajunPW » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:34 pm

4th generation units ready to ship immediately. Send a email to lockerbypass@outlook.com for more info.

Locked