States the PW has been in

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
littletires
Model Year: 2006

Post by littletires » Sun May 20, 2012 3:58 pm

So I was thinking the other day about how many states I have had my PW in so far. I come up with 20 states.
CO. FL. GA. IL. IN. IA. KY. MI. MN. MT. NE. NJ. NY. OH. PA. SD. TN. UT. WI. WY. My goal is to have it in 49 of the 50 states, the 50th one might be a bit costly to float over there.

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: States the PW has been in

Post by ldgregory » Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 pm

littletires wrote:So I was thinking the other day about how many states I have had my PW in so far. I come up with 20 states.
CO. FL. GA. IL. IN. IA. KY. MI. MN. MT. NE. NJ. NY. OH. PA. SD. TN. UT. WI. WY. My goal is to have it in 49 of the 50 states, the 50th one might be a bit costly to float over there.
Dude. You been busy! LOL

I've got NM, TX, AZ, UT, CO
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

SilverWagon05

Post by SilverWagon05 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:15 am

Not many for me. AZ, CO, NM and UT. The Odyssey takes us everywhere else we go. 30 MPG usually wins versus 11.5 MPG when we are deciding what to take on road trips, unless there is any possibility of off-roading.
05 Silver QC Power Wagon / Auto
Pure Performance long arms, 6" Thuren soft ride coils, Walker Evans 2.0 Front and Fox 2.0 rear shocks, HD adj. track bar, 37/13.5/17 Toyo Open Country M/T's, 17x9 Moto Metal 951-black, dual-modified Amp Power steps, Custom rock sliders and front and rear tube bumpers, rear lower quarter panel delete, Challenger Narrow truck box - black, AEM Brute Force CAI, SC Flashpaq, Flowtech shorty headers, Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-Back (chopped), Line-X Bed liner, Locker bypass, Black locking Billet Gas filler door, WeatherTech smoked inchannel vent visors & floor liners, Recon LED smoked cab lights, smoked LED 3rd brake light, smoked LED tail lights, smoked projector headlights, Viair constant duty OBA, DOR steering box brace, PowerStop drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, Spicer Life series front axle u-joints, DOR sway bar links, DOR steering linkage, Borgeson steering shaft and steering gear, PSC Hydro-assist, Thuren adjustable shackles, leaf spring bracket modification, coil retainer modification, Spyntech Shorty Free Spin conversion, custom long travel heavy duty front drive shaft, Rock crusher rear diff cover, Carli front diff guard, Masterpull synthetic winch rope, 2-6" KC 130w Longrange lights behind the grill, 100w fog lights, 55w floodlights mounted on rear bumper, High/Low/Fog all-on mod, Pioneer head unit, MTX Thunderform with 2-10's, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Timbren SES.

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Mon May 21, 2012 12:41 am

After the upgrades I did I'm getting 15+MPG on the PW. The dumb-o-meter shows less than the actual miles I do get per tank. AmsOil FTW!!!

sent via telegraph using Tapatalk TOO
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1337575214512.jpg
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Pit Slave wrote:After the upgrades I did I'm getting 15+MPG on the PW. The dumb-o-meter shows less than the actual miles I do get per tank. AmsOil FTW!!!

Wow. That is super impressive. Did you do any engine mods or just switch to Amsoil in everything? I'm hoping to have a set of American Racing LT headers by the end of summer. Hopefully that will give me an MPG boost...until the 37x13.50 Toyo MT's take it right back away :doh:
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:12 pm

And my PW has been in FL, GA, SC, NC & TN. After Rausch I will be able to add VA, MD & PA to the list (along with 1K new miles on the odometer).
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Tue May 22, 2012 5:15 pm

And....the states I've been in with the PW:
New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Delaware, Maryland, District of Colombia, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Missouri, New York, Connecticut, and Tennessee sofar.

John Adams - 1826

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Tue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

MSparks909 wrote:
Pit Slave wrote:After the upgrades I did I'm getting 15+MPG on the PW. The dumb-o-meter shows less than the actual miles I do get per tank. AmsOil FTW!!!

Wow. That is super impressive. Did you do any engine mods or just switch to Amsoil in everything? I'm hoping to have a set of American Racing LT headers by the end of summer. Hopefully that will give me an MPG boost...until the 37x13.50 Toyo MT's take it right back away :doh:
All factory stock. I get told by the dealership mechanics that there's something different about my PW versus the others they ride in as far as it having a little more response and power. I tell them I did nothing to it. Now it's better after I went with the fluid change and air filter.

John Adams - 1826

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Tue May 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Pit Slave wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:

All factory stock. I get told by the dealership mechanics that there's something different about my PW versus the others they ride in as far as it having a little more response and power. I tell them I did nothing to it. Now it's better after I went with the fluid change and air filter.

Back when I had my 33" tires I used to get 14.5MPG mixed driving (freeway and city). Now with 35", age etc., I'm doing a little over 13MPG now. :sad:
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

Glenn5995
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Glenn5995 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:38 am

Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.

I used to be able to get 14 to 15.7 MPG highway, but the KM2s put an end to that.
2006 Power Wagon - Carli ball joints, control arms and adjustable track bar; T-style steering conversion; Bilstein 5100 shocks; Bilstein steering stabilizer; Dodge Off Road steering brace; AirLift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate air springs with Daystar cradles; Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme LT285/75R17; Transfer Flow 30 gallon refueling tank/toolbox combination.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:05 am

States: NY, PA. MPG: 10. That is all. :sick:

jeepxj13
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by jeepxj13 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 pm

I've been AL, TN, GA, MS
“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

LKelly
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by LKelly » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:12 am

My PW doesn't get out much, at least not on long trips - so only Wisconsin and Michigan. However, it has been across Lake Michigan at least 10 times on the car ferry - usually pulling a trailer - so that oughta count for something. :)

I think I have some pics someplace, but it'd take me a while to find them.

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 am

Let's see if I can get this one straight. I have been to every states that I-40 goes through as I did my cross country trip with her. I a have also been through SC, FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, TX, VA.

If I could have put her on this ship with me then I could have add like four countries, oh well, maybe next time.
Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- Thuren steering upgrade
- DT PROFAB Swaybar links (w/ +2" lift)
- Wattsenegger Front & Rear bumpers (1/4" walls)
- 35 12.50R 17 NITTO Mud Grapplers (second set)__- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_______________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_______- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker manual switch's_______________ - Flow Master Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem______- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_______- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer___________- Hide-Away Gun rack

"The" Wifes Car
"Faith" 2014 Charger RT Max

My Toy
"VISCO" 2013 196CC Tidewater

mistertrustee

Post by mistertrustee » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:54 am

California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming........

Hilldweller
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Hilldweller » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am

GA, TN, NC, VA, WV, MD, AL, MS, AR, OK, TX, NM

15 months old, 12 states, two TIPM failures, almost 28K miles.

Only "mod" is a set of 295/75-17 Cooper STT tires.
Safety fast,
Bill

2011 Power Wagon: When only the fastest-depreciating, least reliable, fuel-thirstiest, oversized beast will do.