New Bacukup Lights

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

New Bacukup Lights

Post by myoung84 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Newest mod: new rear lights from the Retro Shop! Got these mounted last night but didn't have time to wire them up. I was wanting to install them further out but the bumper blocks too much of the light output. This is also as far out as they can go because of the spare tire winch access hole. I temporarily powered them up last night and they light up my whole garage pretty well, I think they will work great as secondary backup lights. Rather than wire them to stock reverse lights, I am going to put them on one of my AUX switches in the cab. I think they are a little too much to use as reverse lights all the time. Also, having them on a switch will be good for tailgaters. :D

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: New Bacukup Lights

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Those are pretty cool. I saw those myself and have given them some thought. I've kind of been thinking about adding the rear marker lights to that spot like you see on the dually's, but that might be an option too. After I get my Rhoad Rhino Bumpers with the extra backup lights, if it's still too dark when I'm backing at night I may steal this idea.
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 pm

NIce lights, low profile, won't get hurt off road. What's the lumens on them? I tried to find them, but I'm having a bit of difficulty. Are they from http://www.retro-solutions.com/?

Dawizman
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Dawizman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 pm

They are from Jeremy's Retro Shop (www.retroshop.us)
2012 Power Wagon. Bright White Clearcoar, 315/70R17 Kelly Safari TSR's, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, Retroshop Projector Headlights, 55W HID Lowbeams & Fogs.

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Post by myoung84 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 am

Yes, they are from the Jeremy at the Retro Shop, link is below. I'm not sure of the lumens but I'll ask Jeremy.

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails ... Code=x.DRL
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 am

Those would definitely get a tailgater's attention! Cool.
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 pm

GunniPWguy wrote:Those would definitely get a tailgater's attention! Cool.
More than just attention!

And the site is using Myoung's truck pictures. Nice!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Those look good to me! I've been contemplating wiring up some Piaa backup lights I have laying around but, those that you have look to be a better way to go since they can be tucked up outta the way of potential trail damage! NICE!