Maple Offroad Sliders

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Maple Offroad Sliders

Post by Throttle 8 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Installed my Maple Offroad sliders today, and I have a few initial thoughts to share. First, the shipping was top notch. Unbelievably well packed. Two thumbs way up for that. Once they were uncrated, it was easily apparent to me and the three guys helping me unload them, that they are extremely heavily built. Getting on to the install---you NEED two people and some jack stands for the install. They passenger side is pretty easy, but the drivers side is a bit of a bear because of the fuel tank and the e brake wire. Patience is a virtue--lol. I did have to hog out a couple of holes on the mounting brackets in order to get them to fit. (There seemed to be a combination of factors at play for this---many years of Krown buildup, and a bit of a raised edge on each frame rail on the third mounting point back that I could not move the rail fore or aft to clear. Not a manufacturing issue in my opinion--- sometime I have seen frames will a little extra meat on them in different spots. No big deal--10 minutes on a drill press with a cutting bit and all was good). All in all everything went about expected. It took 2 guys about 3 hours start to finish with a 15 minute break for a couple beers and a sammich halfway through. The test drive went perfectly with no squeaks or rattles! Overall very impressed!

P.S sorry for the pics showing the truck so dirty---but that is it's natural state.
Attachments
left.jpg
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Re: Maple Offroad Sliders

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:02 pm

Lol. I put mine on all by my lonesome. With some careful balancing on my 3 ton floor jack. I did feel quite beat up afterwards though. I had to take a grinder to the top of 2 front mounting " flanges" and 4 front inner mounting plates. I had contact with the floor tub. I think all the gens and different years might have some frame and body variances, so I felt the same way that it isn't a defect. If you're capable of installing these you should be mechanically inclined enough to modify them a bit....right? I've heard of people having clearance issues with WKO sliders as well. I can tell you first hand they can take a beating. I landed extremely hard on the right side at a gatekeeper at Rausch Creek. Expect that the decals will be scuffed off as well. I used the kick outs to pivot around some boulders. Neil uses tricorn black” and it’s a Sherin Williams color number sw6258. Buy a can of that and a small roller for touch ups. I also got the skid plate which is very stout as well.Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:10 pm

I am seriously impressed that you did it all by yourself! We had 2 floor jacks and were both under the truck on creepers pushing and pulling them into place for the bolts to line up. Now that you mention it, I did grind a bit off the top of one of the backing plates---it did clear, but it was tight to the floor pan; and I didn't want it to squeak. Again---props to you for getting it done yourself---you sir are a better man than me!
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:08 pm

Beers were involved in my installation too.Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

Havn2muchfun
Model Year: 2018

Post by Havn2muchfun » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Beers wouldn’t have helped me, quite the opposite lol. Did mine myself as well. Used the front end loader on my tractor to get them 95% there and was able to just used my knees while laying underneath to position them the rest of the way. Have had them on for two months and no noises at all.
So many upgrades, so little money
2018 Power Wagon. 315/70/18 Toyo Open Country M/T on Method HD NV’s. Warn Ascent rear bumper. Pulsar piggyback. Maple Off Road sliders, front diff skid and 3bar skid replacement. Detloff Trans skid. PML trans pan.

Gremlin4x
Model Year: 2018

Post by Gremlin4x » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:59 am

I used an ATV lift and did mine by myself.
25EBBC33-9879-48C4-9281-8FC422933C83.jpeg