Overland Rack - Nutzo Industries Rambox 2

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Zlayer
Model Year: 2019

Overland Rack - Nutzo Industries Rambox 2

Post by Zlayer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Hey Guys,

I am considering purchasing this overland rack for my 2020 Power Wagon. It's made by Nutzo Industries. It's quite expensive because it is custom built, but there are so many options and I really like what I see. If anyone has one of these things I'd appreciate some input.

Here is a list of pros..
1) This will fit on a Rambox and extends the full width of the bedframe to allow for a stable platform for rooftop tents.
2) Standard and low profile height options that reduces center of gravity when compared to a camper shell or tray.
3) Hard deck option is extremely durable and waterproofs the entire bed. The high deck version preserves all of the clearance as opposed to other tonneau covers, roll up covers, etc.
4) Maximum security. You'd need an angle grinder or a torch to get into this thing.
5) Removable cross bars allows the truck bed to retain its utility without having to remove the entire rack. Even with the hard deck option you can load tall items on top of the hard deck this way. I'm sure you could fit an ATV or motorcycles in the bed this way.
6) Lighting kit option comes pre-wired with a variety of utility and clearance lights.
7) Excellent way to mount a spare tire up to 40" as well as other heavy, bulky items like hi-jacks and jerry cans.

Cons
1) Hard deck option only allows access to the bed via the tailgate. But there is an option for a removable heavy duty spare tire shelf with a roll up cover. Diamondback and tonneau covers don't allow for top access if you have a RTT anyway so this isn't a big con to me. I'll just stuff lesser used items to the front of the bed and keep my refrigerator/freezer, etc to the rear for easy access.
2) Expensive as hell. With the hard deck and other options it's easily $5k.
3) Heavier than many other racks like the Leitner or Dethlof Contour.

Opinions?

P.S. I seem to have lost access to my original PWR account and I can't access my old email, so I created a new account with a similar name (Zlayer instead of Zlaayer)
Attachments
IMG_1095.jpg

JRHPWRWAGON06
Model Year: 2006

Re: Overland Rack - Nutzo Industries Rambox 2

Post by JRHPWRWAGON06 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 am

Looks like it is built like a brick house. They definitely have taken some ideas from Leitner designs.
Custom built. You pay extra for that.
2006 White Power Wagon QuadCab
OPTIONS-
545RFE, NAV Sys. w/ 6-CD Sat. Radio, Light Group, Rear Sliding Window,
Heated Tow Mirrors, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel,
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls, Power Adjustable pedals.
MODS-
Lifetime Sirius SAT Radio, 33X12.5R17 Firestone M/T2's on Original Power Wagon wheels,
Line-X bedliner, Mopar Rock Rails w/CARR side steps, Gibson Dual Exhaust,
Dynatrac manual locking hub conversion w/DynaLoc hubs.
Abel Locker+SmartBar Bypass, Deflecta-Shield 60" Low Profile Toolbox,
Mopar: Winch Accy Kit, Wheel well liners, Mudflaps, Engine block heater, spare tire winch lock, alarm system.

Chubbs
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by Chubbs » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 pm

2018 Power Wagon
Bright Silver, Dual Alternators, Leather and Luxury, Ram Boxes

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:04 pm

And he's a member...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!