Bed Step recall, watch out

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Poke
Model Year: 2019

Bed Step recall, watch out

Post by Poke » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:55 pm

:doh: Dealer pulled my bed step off the truck back in early April, a few weeks after purchase without giving me a heads up. Safety recall, problem comes in because there is no replacement part yet.

Dealer said sometime later this year it will be available. FCA customer service said they will not reimburse aftermarket replacement. FCA customer service did say they will be releasing the replacement bed steps beginning July 30th 2020. How fast that translates to getting one is another matter.

Avoid the bed step recall until they confirm a replacement is in house. Otherwise carry a step ladder in the bed or do the belly flop on the tailgate like me. This wouldn't be a problem when I was in my 20's and 30's, because I was more fit. Now in my late 40's it's damn embarrassing, especially when witnessed by others. Getting out of the bed is even more fun..

Thanks FCA for reminding me I'm old, broken, and unfit. Dealer advised it wasn't a voluntary thing as it is safety recall, so they have been swiping them off customer vehicles as they have come in for maintenance and what not.

Frankly, it's probably way safer than me trying to get into and out of the bed of the truck how I have been doing it these last two months 🤔

Heads up

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts

Re: Bed Step recall, watch out

Post by waldo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:12 am

My 19 doesn't have one, so I guess I can skip it. I'm a lot older and just put my foot on the bumper and hoist myself up from the bed rail.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

wvwagon

Post by wvwagon » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:01 pm

My 19 does have one but i use the tow hook or ball in my hitch as a step mostly. Just dont leave it down a d drive in the truck. Have had one close call with that.
Richard

Pw4NC

Post by Pw4NC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm

My 20 doesn't have one.

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Silly these trucks do not have a step system standard. I added the kicked down one.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.