New Tires Yokohama X-AT 35's

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

New Tires Yokohama X-AT 35's

Post by coder » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:17 pm

Picked up a new set of tires today Yokohama X-AT's in 35x12.5-17 it's a fairly new Extreme AT tire comparable to the Toyo RT or Nitto Ridge Grappler take a look.

https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-x-at
Last edited by coder on Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Re: New Tires Yokohama X-AT 35's

Post by DamageWagon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:04 pm

Nice!!! The hybrid AT/MT style tire is getting very popular. Interested to hear how you like them. Yokos tends to be light weight and quiet.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by coder » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:20 pm

Pics of the tires
Attachments
The Yokohama X-AT #5.jpeg
The Yokohama X-AT #4.jpeg
The Yokohama X-AT #2.jpeg
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

Chubbs
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by Chubbs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:26 am

I've had mine since early December. Very quiet, and they have done really well off-road so far. 6 inches of wet sloppy snow over mud and wet sand was no problem at all. I'm really interested in how they will deal with snow on the road, but the white stuff has been largely absent this year.
2018 Power Wagon
Bright Silver, Dual Alternators, Leather and Luxury, Ram Boxes

shayzj

Post by shayzj » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Just put a set on my 05. Like them alot so far. Sidewalls are thick. Heavy tire compared to past Yoko's.

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by ghaugo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:59 pm

How have you guys been liking the X-AT's? They look like a great solution to an all around tire for these trucks and I like the look. I was wondering how they were performing and if you had done any significant winter driving in them yet. They look like they would do pretty well in snow and ice even without the snowflake rating. How is the road noise and ride?
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders(welded to frame), Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17, ARE Z-Series Topper, FilterMag GP101 (front and rear diffs), DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Skanda Kryptec Typhoon seat covers, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, K&N air filter, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Overland Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by coder » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm

ghaugo wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:59 pm
How have you guys been liking the X-AT's? They look like a great solution to an all around tire for these trucks and I like the look. I was wondering how they were performing and if you had done any significant winter driving in them yet. They look like they would do pretty well in snow and ice even without the snowflake rating. How is the road noise and ride?
I like mine so far but haven't had them in the dirt yet since the socal lock-down. As far as winter driving there is no siping, I'm sure in deep snow they would be fine but for icy winter roads probably similar to Toyo RT's or the Nitto Ridge Grappler.

Chubbs
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by Chubbs » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:20 am

I've been in the dirt a lot with mine. They have performed well in the wet and the dry. I normally spend weekends in snow, but the with the lockdown we haven't been going to Mammoth.
2018 Power Wagon
Bright Silver, Dual Alternators, Leather and Luxury, Ram Boxes