What did you do to your PW this week?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Mario75
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2017

What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by Mario75 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:42 pm

This week I got around to installing some goodies from the wife. Also saved enough to have the bed liner sprayed.

1. Line-x commercial grade bed liner.

2. Pelican 9410L lantern with rapid charging base. These are the same lights we carry for firefighting operations. I wired an interruptor switch inline just in case the truck needs to sit for an extended period).

3. Hi-Lift jack extreme courtesy of the old lady. I mounted this using the 4xRac bumper mounts. I drilled 1/2” holes into the bed and used steel Wall anchors For large TVs on the other side. Worked awesome and I’ll probably use this from now on if I need to mount anything else in the bed.

4. Rigid tool box. This has all my recovery gear including winch remote, chains, master pull snatch blocks, shackles, gloves, ARB winch blanket, ARB tire deflator, ARB snatch strap, tree saver strap and some other odds and ends.

5. AMP hidden bed step second gift from the old lady. I guess I was good this year haha.

There’s more I want to do for the truck. But saving to buy a home is priority 1 right now. Eventually 35/12.5r17 tires will be the next purchase when my stock duratracs die.

What have you guys done for your trucks recently?
F780071F-4AF9-4DE8-88BD-C40651ACB35A.jpeg
324C62D0-34A6-4A9B-AE65-6434F2C2E01E.jpeg
55F8FEF5-3A13-4C9B-9835-F17A9A2852D0.jpeg
1DC7BD74-ED05-4758-BAF0-53022202423B.jpeg

flattire
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by flattire » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Filled it up with gas. So I can get my 13.3 MPG on the freeway. :excited:

But at $2.39 a gallon it's worth it. :cheers:

Mario75
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2017

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by Mario75 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:49 pm

I guess filling up counts especially at 2.39 a gallon lol 😂

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:46 am
Model Year: 2019

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by waldo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm

Drove it and used 4wd and lockers for the last six days. :P
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by RustyPW » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Refinished my headlights. Installed my LED back up light bulbs.

Tomorrow, installing my LED headlight bulbs, Thuren swaybar links, and Diablosport tuner from Hemiifever. Was going to do it today, but it was raining hard at times.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '19 AOAA,

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

btsbarton
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:15 am
Model Year: 2019

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by btsbarton » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:23 pm

I’m surprised there wasn’t one of these threads before, I’ve seen them on most other auto forums.

Custom stainless transfer case shift knob I ordered came so I put that on.

I also got a pair of v-bar traction chains, and test fit them.

And last but not least I picked up my WKOR Sliders from the freight terminal today, and will install them tomorrow.
Attachments
306A4921-DD45-4FB0-A4FA-031AC5F6BF02.jpeg
E2D40024-6918-4A84-943E-518CC33225E7.jpeg

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:32 am
Model Year: 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by EasyDoesIt » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Changed diff fluid after a 1000 mile break in on my 5.13s.

Wear pattern looked good to me.
IMG_20200109_195049.jpg
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

User avatar
SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Model Year: 2013
Location: Upper Salford, PA

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Nice. What size tires do you run with your 5.13s Easy?
:rockon: :chug:

User avatar
SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Model Year: 2013
Location: Upper Salford, PA

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:54 pm

RustyPW wrote:Refinished my headlights. Installed my LED back up light bulbs.

Tomorrow, installing my LED headlight bulbs, Thuren swaybar links, and Diablosport tuner from Hemiifever. Was going to do it today, but it was raining hard at times.
The Thuren links make the stockers look like WTF. Not the sexiest upgrade, but just needs to be done. Good choice!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by RustyPW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:29 am

SimonandSimonBeast wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:54 pm
RustyPW wrote:Refinished my headlights. Installed my LED back up light bulbs.

Tomorrow, installing my LED headlight bulbs, Thuren swaybar links, and Diablosport tuner from Hemiifever. Was going to do it today, but it was raining hard at times.
The Thuren links make the stockers look like WTF. Not the sexiest upgrade, but just needs to be done. Good choice!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
i have NAPA replacements on right now. You should see these wimps. :doh: I'll post pictures on my build thread when I'm done installing.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '19 AOAA,

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Mario75
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2017

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by Mario75 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:31 am

waldo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Drove it and used 4wd and lockers for the last six days. :P
That’s an amazing week if 6 out of 7 days you were in 4wd and using lockers. Had the Power Wagon in its natural habitat haha 😂

Mario75
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2017

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by Mario75 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 am

btsbarton wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:23 pm
I’m surprised there wasn’t one of these threads before, I’ve seen them on most other auto forums.

Custom stainless transfer case shift knob I ordered came so I put that on.

I also got a pair of v-bar traction chains, and test fit them.

And last but not least I picked up my WKOR Sliders from the freight terminal today, and will install them tomorrow.
Love that custom knob! I have been toying with the idea of extending my transfer case shifter and putting a ball. Hate how low mine sits.

Mario75
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2017

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by Mario75 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:39 am

RustyPW wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm
Refinished my headlights. Installed my LED back up light bulbs.

Tomorrow, installing my LED headlight bulbs, Thuren swaybar links, and Diablosport tuner from Hemiifever. Was going to do it today, but it was raining hard at times.
I’m wondering how much of a difference the LED headlight bulbs are over stock. I have a 17 and the lights are decent, just wish they had a little farther reach.

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:32 am
Model Year: 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by EasyDoesIt » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 am

SimonandSimonBeast wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:29 pm
Nice. What size tires do you run with your 5.13s Easy?
37" Cooper's probably another another 12-18months left on them. Then maybe 39s once I've seen a few guinea pigs work out the rub issues.
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

User avatar
TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm
Model Year: 2012

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by TommyG » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:19 am

EBC solid rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads. What a difference.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50

flattire
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by flattire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 am

Mario75 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:31 am
waldo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Drove it and used 4wd and lockers for the last six days. :P
That’s an amazing week if 6 out of 7 days you were in 4wd and using lockers. Had the Power Wagon in its natural habitat haha 😂
The first 5 days were spent trying to get the front locker to work. :roll: :lol:

User avatar
SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Model Year: 2013
Location: Upper Salford, PA

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:09 am

flattire wrote:
Mario75 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:31 am
waldo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Drove it and used 4wd and lockers for the last six days. Image
That’s an amazing week if 6 out of 7 days you were in 4wd and using lockers. Had the Power Wagon in its natural habitat haha Image
The first 5 days were spent trying to get the front locker to work. :roll: Image
Lol. Probably kicked in right as he was going back to pavement.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:46 am
Model Year: 2019

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by waldo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:47 am

SimonandSimonBeast wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:09 am
flattire wrote:
Mario75 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:31 am
waldo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Drove it and used 4wd and lockers for the last six days. Image
That’s an amazing week if 6 out of 7 days you were in 4wd and using lockers. Had the Power Wagon in its natural habitat haha Image
The first 5 days were spent trying to get the front locker to work. :roll: Image
Lol. Probably kicked in right as he was going back to pavement.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The front on the 19 works fine. I push the front lock button right as I start up the mountain where the road has a sharp left turn in it. Locks right up.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

User avatar
ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Loveland, CO

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by ghaugo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 am

I finally fixed my driver headlight that was starting to look like an aquarium with all the condensation collecting inside. I finally broke down and took it out, found a leak on the top of the light housing and sealed it generously with silicone. Now the condensation is gone! Not sexy but it really made my day when I was able to get that nuisance taken care of.
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders(welded to frame), Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17, ARE Z-Series Topper, FilterMag GP101 (front and rear diffs), DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Skanda Kryptec Typhoon seat covers, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, K&N air filter, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Overland Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by RustyPW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:44 am

Mario75 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:39 am
RustyPW wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm
Refinished my headlights. Installed my LED back up light bulbs.

Tomorrow, installing my LED headlight bulbs, Thuren swaybar links, and Diablosport tuner from Hemiifever. Was going to do it today, but it was raining hard at times.
I’m wondering how much of a difference the LED headlight bulbs are over stock. I have a 17 and the lights are decent, just wish they had a little farther reach.
I will find out tonight.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '19 AOAA,

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by RustyPW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 am

TommyG wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:19 am
EBC solid rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads. What a difference.
I've been running that since 2012 with stainless lines. :rockon:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '19 AOAA,

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TommyDuncan
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 7:14 am
Model Year: 2018

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by TommyDuncan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:12 pm

20191216_123308.jpg
Ate a taco!
Last edited by TommyDuncan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TommyDuncan
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 7:14 am
Model Year: 2018

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by TommyDuncan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Finally installed my locker bypass. Works great!

Figured out why my headlight was bouncing around...
...the bolt behind the grille was missing. The other side was finger loose. Now the lower mount is broken.

Removed the boot from my airbox(while I had it out to mount the box for the locker bypass). Trying to come up with a better way to suck air, not water. Sounds kinda good when I floor it!

Found another missing bolt on my slider.

I noticed my winch is leaking... no wait, my steering box. Actually it is oil all over everything from having the dealership do oil changes(strictly for warranty purposes).

I'm just happy to catch these small things before they become big things!

User avatar
TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm
Model Year: 2012

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by TommyG » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:50 pm

RustyPW wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 am
TommyG wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:19 am
EBC solid rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads. What a difference.
I've been running that since 2012 with stainless lines. :rockon:
Stainless lines are on the punch list for 2020.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50

Mario75
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2017

Re: What did you do to your PW this week?

Post by Mario75 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:52 pm

RustyPW wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 am
TommyG wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:19 am
EBC solid rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads. What a difference.
I've been running that since 2012 with stainless lines. :rockon:
I’m definitely going to replace the brakes with EBC when they wear out.

Post Reply