Black Bear for Labor Day Weekend

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Black Bear for Labor Day Weekend

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Worked on our land a bit, and took a day to do Black Bear, Imogene and then cap off with the Ouray Hot Springs. I must say Black Bear was a snug fit, but we lived. Sorry no pictures, more worried about getting down :excited: Cameras and folding mirrors are definitely helpful.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

TheWorstKind
Model Year: 2015

Re: Black Bear for Labor Day Weekend

Post by TheWorstKind » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:10 pm

I have been thinking about Black Bear Pass. Unfortunately, I suffer from insufficient testicular fortitude ailment. Kudos to you.
2015 PW Laramie in Granite

Current Mods: Weathertech Digital Floor Liners, Opti-Coat Pro, 35 inch Duratracs, ARE Cap, full Bed Rug, shock for tailgate.

Wish List: White Knuckle Sliders, maybe 37s.

Jesus Christ is God's son.

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Looks like there are some seriously tight switchbacks! Must have been really tough with a long Power Wagon...
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Its no BS in a full size, I will assure you. Thousands of foot drops and inches away.....Length is not horrible, its more the width. But also there are some nasty wash outs before the big drops that are rolling a lot of rigs, and they are down right terrifying. As usual my Sway Bar Disconnect did not work.( only has ever worked one time) and would have loved to have it. It can be done, but plan on going slow, good driver, and a brave spotter.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.