Can you program air condition functions?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
xtrememachines
Model Year: 2019

Can you program air condition functions?

Post by xtrememachines » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 pm

2019 wagon, every time i get a text or make a call it lowers the ac for a few seconds, can that feature be turned off?

Also when you start the truck it auto turns on vented seats but in the low setting, i want that on hi since it barely works.

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts

Re: Can you program air condition functions?

Post by waldo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:52 pm

I can't program mine, but I probably have a lower trim level. If I don't have the AC in the auto mode it retains the fan speed settings if I restart the truck.
Best I can do.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

pdavey
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by pdavey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 am

I have the same question. I think this is something that could be done but likely by Ram and not us. From what I can tell in going through every setting that there is no way for the end users to access this but after having reviewed some TSBs on the 1500 there are a few that refer to reprogramming the A/C. There is obviously a program running when on Auto that could be tweaked.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2005 Dodge Power Wagon QC Black - "Laramie"
Performance Mods:
  • Comp 260 Camshaft, Upgraded Valve Springs, Forged Push Rods, JBA Shorties, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Dual Cat Exhast (Side Swept), National Speed Custom Tune
Other Mods:
  • Kenwood KVT-719 w/ Garmin Navigation and Kenwood Rear Camera, JL Stealth Sub
Suspension/Protection Mods:
  • Carli Upper "Bomb Proof" Ball Joints, NAPA Lower Ball Joints, Thuren Adj Track Bar, Thuren Adjusted Fox Damper, T-Style Steering Upgrade, New Power Steering Pump, 2012 Power Steering Motor Upgrade, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Rear Shocks -Stage 1, Thuren Off-set Control Arms, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Front Shocks -Stage 2, 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler (previous tires Cooper STT), Carli Front Dif Gard,
Style/Other Mods:
  • KC LightBar Behind Tow Hooks Mount, 2 KC Slim Driving Lights, 2 KC Offroading Lights, Weatherguard Black Steel Truck Box, Winch TPS bypass, Warn Wireless Winch Module

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:36 am

What if you simply dont use the “auto” function? Does that override that setup?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

pdavey
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by pdavey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:00 pm

It does. If you have it set to a specific function it will keep that in memory. The nice thing about auto is it's ability to manage the fan speed based on air temp.

I have found the mixer function it uses to be a little less advanced than auto on my 2012 Challenger SRT which is obviously a much smaller car.

I think there is a ton of opportunity to program these trucks if you could just get access to the computer.

Performance Mods:
  • Comp 260 Camshaft, Upgraded Valve Springs, Forged Push Rods, JBA Shorties, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Dual Cat Exhast (Side Swept), National Speed Custom Tune
Other Mods:
  • Carli Upper "Bomb Proof" Ball Joints, NAPA Lower Ball Joints, Thuren Adj Track Bar, Thuren Adjusted Fox Damper, T-Style Steering Upgrade, New Power Steering Pump, 2012 Power Steering Motor Upgrade, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Rear Shocks -Stage 1, Thuren Off-set Control Arms, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Front Shocks -Stage 2, 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler (previous tires Cooper STT), Carli Front Dif Gard,
Style/Other Mods:
  • KC LightBar Behind Tow Hooks Mount, 2 KC Slim Driving Lights, 2 KC Offroading Lights, Weatherguard Black Steel Truck Box, Winch TPS bypass, Warn Wireless Winch Module

pdavey
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by pdavey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 pm

For your reading pleasure check out this thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Appears that the 1500s are finding the same thing. Thought the example they gave with the heater core to be a good highlight as it may be a software problem which was my though.

I am going to send a note to Ram Cares about this as well.

Performance Mods:
Other Mods:
Style/Other Mods:

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:34 pm

My '13 Silverado work truck does the same thing. I assume it is to reduce blower sound through the phone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

xtrememachines

Post by xtrememachines » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Yeah which seems like a nice feature except when you start texting the the air is going on and off repeatedly when all I want is to be cool.
The texting is a whole other problem, I have a 12" dispaly but can only send a text that says, yes, no, maybe. So its useless and I need to pull my phone out to answer texts.
Its like these features were not well thought out. 12" display but can only use half of it unless you use factory nav, and really who uses that when you have google maps and waze that give real time traffic and route changes.

xtrememachines

Post by xtrememachines » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Also why does a giant box appear in the middle of the 12" screen saying "you have a text", why pop up in the header? Since you can't control the screen from the steering wheel you constantly have to hit the X or home button after every text or phone call. With the screen so big there is plenty of room for text and phone alerts that don't block the rest of the screen, just use your cell phone as an example

Hbpwagon
Model Year: 2015

Post by Hbpwagon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm

My 15 Laramie pw seat heater goes on automatically when it’s 42 or lower and the seat ac goes on when it’s warmer than 80. Don’t know how to change those settings. Don’t really care as I like it like that. There are many settings available for the ac air flow and settings. In the main climate control center are lots of user changeable settings.

KevinABQ
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by KevinABQ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:20 pm

xtrememachines wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Yeah which seems like a nice feature except when you start texting the the air is going on and off repeatedly when all I want is to be cool.
The texting is a whole other problem, I have a 12" dispaly but can only send a text that says, yes, no, maybe. So its useless and I need to pull my phone out to answer texts.
Its like these features were not well thought out. 12" display but can only use half of it unless you use factory nav, and really who uses that when you have google maps and waze that give real time traffic and route changes.
The speed limit audible warnings are helpful when you are in a new place. Not perfect, but helpful.
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline, 37 Toyo MT.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:40 am

Hbpwagon wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm
My 15 Laramie pw seat heater goes on automatically when it’s 42 or lower and the seat ac goes on when it’s warmer than 80. Don’t know how to change those settings. Don’t really care as I like it like that. There are many settings available for the ac air flow and settings. In the main climate control center are lots of user changeable settings.
I like this as well. However, I dont like that it dosnt do this with the passenger seat (mainly ticks me off on the remote start). Or is there a way to turn that on?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

xtrememachines

Post by xtrememachines » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:09 pm

The auto heat ac is not what im talking about, that can be shut off in the options. My complaint is the ac shutting down momentarily every time a text comes through. It does that so you can hear the truck tell you a message has arrived.