AEV Procal install issue

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
TommyDuncan
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2018

AEV Procal install issue

Post by TommyDuncan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 pm

20190604_175606.jpg
For my 2018 the procal instructions say to "install the 2 terminals of the harness into the OBDII connector according to the labels in cavities 1 and 9."
1 and 9 already contain wires from the factory. No mention of them(much less what to do with them) in the instructions. I found an AEV installation video and it doesn't appear to have anything in 1 and 9, but hard to tell for sure. It only seemed to have about half as many wires as mine.

Anyone else install one of these on an 18 or 19 and run into the same problem?

Punishher7
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: AEV Procal install issue

Post by Punishher7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 pm

As I recall the slots used for the bypass wire were empty. Wish I could be more help but it was almost a year ago that I installed mine and I don’t remember it clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by PWJouster » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:52 am

call AEV, at this point, im sure someone ran into the same issue.

dont remember if this was my issue on install or somethine else, but i also had to call them on the spot to troubleshoot.
i had a secondary harness that connected to the OBD, can you check for that? I believe it leads to another open OBD port looking female plug that i believe i may have tapped into, then connected the leads to the green block
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

1pieceatatime
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 1pieceatatime » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Please be sure to tell us how you end up - I have a ProCal sitting in a box that I hope to get to next weekend, haven't even looked at instructions yet.

TommyDuncan
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by TommyDuncan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:37 am

PWJouster wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:52 am
I believe it leads to another open OBD port looking female plug that i believe i may have tapped into, then connected the leads to the green block
This! Thank you...
1pieceatatime wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm
Please be sure to tell us how you end up - I have a ProCal sitting in a box that I hope to get to next weekend, haven't even looked at instructions yet.
Basically reach behind the OBDII port and chase the bundle of wires. It will lead you to another connector that looks like the one in AEV's directions(mine was red). From there follow the directions.

Mine worked fine until I tried to change the tpms, then it would give me warnings and the speedo wouldn't work.
Just keep trying the programming procedure and it will eventually go back to normal.

Also my 1/2 worn 37" KO2s had to be set at 35 1/2" to read accurately on the speedometer.

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by PWJouster » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 am

TommyDuncan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:37 am
PWJouster wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:52 am
I believe it leads to another open OBD port looking female plug that i believe i may have tapped into, then connected the leads to the green block
This! Thank you...

lol my brain almost popped trying to figure this out before calling AEV...WHO DID NOT HAVE THE ANSWER.

I asked them to clarify instructions for 2018+, guess that never happened.
i asked if anyone else ever ran into this situation and they stated no. I pretty much had to hope for the best as i AEV procaled the truck with AEV on the phone.

It worked after a few tries as well.
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

TommyDuncan
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by TommyDuncan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:35 pm

AEV contacted me and said no factory models have all of the wire ports taken at the OBDII port and some aftermarket alarms/tracking devices plug in between and could be the problem. My truck had this pre-installed so this is likely the issue.
Now I need to figure out how to un-install this tracking device/alarm since I didn't pay for the service.