New Fog Lights: Rigid SAE/Dot vs Morimoto

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
continuecrushing
Model Year: 2014

New Fog Lights: Rigid SAE/Dot vs Morimoto

Post by continuecrushing » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:31 pm

One of the first things I swapped on my truck was fog lights-I installed the Morimoto direct fit fog lights and housings (all one unit). However, I wasn't really all that pleased with the output since it didn't seem to be better (or as good?) as the factory fogs. I finally swapped over to the Rigid SAE/DOT lights with brackets, but decided to do a little comparison first. This is just the comparison, I'll have the actual fog light install and review (with driving/beam shots) up later.

Rigid lights and brackets are available on amazon
phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

Last edited by continuecrushing on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Re: New Fog Lights: Rigid SAE/Dot vs Morimoto

Post by PWJouster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:34 pm

i have the rigid sae with amber covers and i love them. just wish i had 4 or more of them.
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

continuecrushing
Model Year: 2014

Re: New Fog Lights: Rigid SAE/Dot vs Morimoto

Post by continuecrushing » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:39 pm

PWJouster wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:34 pm
i have the rigid sae with amber covers and i love them. just wish i had 4 or more of them.
I just installed them the other day, and have been dying to use them. My wife has been using the truck the last few days, and other than "working or not" she has no opinion on headlights or fog lights lol.