ProCal Fail (not AEV, Dealer)

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
ramv
500_Posts
500_Posts

ProCal Fail (not AEV, Dealer)

Post by ramv » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Got my recalls done (5!!) today. Ask the dealer to turn off the seatbelt chime and do the key reset to the RFH so the ProCal tire pressure would take.

Well, dealer wouldn't do either, but fortunately after the reflash, I could turn off the chime as per the instructions (3 unbuckle/buckle in 10 seconds) and I did get the four digit PIN. Dealer wanted to charge me $20 for, but after I chewed their ass, they gave it to me. And the trans fluid change is a nice touch (just 6 quarts but it's a start, probably not bad for my lightly used 64k miles.)

I read the Alfa BD thread below, and admittedly it seemed daunting to me. I'm not a computer guy and have never touched an Android device. The ProCal does everything I need (except LED foglights) but it's super easy to use.

So what's my options to get a RFH reset done? Obviously I could try more dealers, but it's expensive and they couldn't tell me upfront. ($60 on Uber today, plus the oil change/tire rotation was double Pep Boys). Is that an option the Alfa BD (so use the setting I already have and just hit reset?) What is a cheap android device?
2016 Laramie; 5.13s, Locker Bypass, WK sliders, 35" Toyo MT, 2Lo Kit, ProCal, Hemifever tune, Airbags/Cradles, Thuren 2.5" King w/ Boogie Bumps, Warn SDP6000