Perfect world PW

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Re: Perfect world PW

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:16 pm

My source told me the new NV HD 8-Speed was coming. It will not be the same 8-speed as in the 1500. Ram has also been pushing AISIN to develop something. They're not happy about Ford having all the cool gearing.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Engine and Transmission updates are going to be well over due after the big maker overs. With the monster torque and improving fuel mileages that Ford is delivering GM and Ram are going to be forced to do something sooner then later. I would not be surprised to see new drive-train a few years down the road. Probably a bad time to buy a new PW in 2019 or 2020 when the new model comes out. Might be leaving something on the table not waiting.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Bigdodge wrote:Well here is a small bit of info for all of u. I have looked closely at the test mule we have in our test garage and it will have the same drive train for now. There is a small update to the trans but can't say what. Also the front end will be a little longer it seems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Any word on suspension? Particularly the rear spring layout?

Bigdodge

Post by Bigdodge » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:53 pm

I just know the mule has the 68rfe with some updates and we r set to keep building it for another 3 years. FCA only builds 8 speeds for vehicles with a v6, ZF builds everything else now. 8 speed HD is coming but they probably won't announce where it's to be built until after contract next year. It's a big negotiating tool for them.

No idea on suspension updates. I don't think u will see anything there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk