Overland Bed rack

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
DiazOsos
Model Year: 2018

Overland Bed rack

Post by DiazOsos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:11 am

I apologize if this is a dead horse, I am a newb. I’ve been looking around at overland bed racks and I am curious as to what has worked for y’all? The good the bad and the ugly. Who’s using what and how they perform. I’ve looked at Nutzo ( I like there’s a lot ), Leitner and Wilico. I’m really not aware of any others but would like to hear if you have. They’re not cheap and I don’t want to make a uninformed decision. I was thinking of even running the “ Decked “ storage system under it too. I am just getting into this and any advice is welcome. Thanks!

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: Overland Bed rack

Post by TommyG » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 am

Yakima is coming out with one in the spring that I have my eye on. I want to see it in person but it looks it might be a good option. Adjustable height and compatible with some tonneau covers. It is not as beefy as Nuthouse but it should be versatile.

https://www.yakima2019.com/truck-intro
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am

Forum Member DamageWagon builds racks for the Ram platform, Rambox, Standard Bed, Rebel.

Check them out here >> https://dethloffmfg.com/

I have been running the original prototype now since July 2017 without issue and love the setup.

I have dozens and dozens of photos of my setup on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boldadventure/

But in my opinion, Marcus rack is one of the best. The Nutzo is SOOOO OVERPRICED. Hell they charge an extra $500 just to have removable cross bars. Plus the whole thing has to be shipped freight, which just increases the cost. They do have some clever add on's. But I've never been like "gee I wish I had X"

And I put a lot of miles off-road with my setup. We use it a lot. There are a lot of guys running the rack now. But not everyone is on this forum. Most folks hang out over at https://www.facebook.com/groups/offroadpowerwagon/ these days.

:cheers:

Few more pictures, since I'm a picture whore, and like promoting member stuff.

2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 am

I do know about 3 people running Thule Cross bars, that are adjustable, just so we're being fair here, without issue:

And there are an equal number of guys running the Lienter (spelling??) Designs rack. Which is kinda cool, but I'm not a fan of the looks. And on Full-Size Overlanders there have been a few complaints from various guys about the racks static load rating and the rear bars cracking/coming away from the back of the cab with heavy offroad use.

2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

DiazOsos

Post by DiazOsos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:37 am

Very nice pics!!

DiazOsos

Post by DiazOsos » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:30 pm

As of now after the pics and thinking about it. I’m leaning towards fabricating my own and combing several aspects. Like a road shower mount and tire shelf. If i decide to go this route it will be steel as well. I think steel welds hold up better off road and it’s not like the trucks are going to loose enough weight to matter. With attention to diagonal deflection and material I think it can be made to work with without super heavy gauge steel use. These are 3/4 tons as well. I think this was a good call from Dodge unlike the raptor.

Lazarus
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Lazarus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:09 pm

I think this is the one I will be getting. Seems like a pretty reasonable price for what it is.

https://muleequipped.com/products/dodge ... r-rack-kit