Dethloff Mfg - Rack Owners

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Dethloff Mfg - Rack Owners

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu May 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Just wanted to start a thread for owners of the Dethloff Mfg rack to post their experiences and show off their trucks and rack. I have the original prototype and have been enjoying it for almost a year now.

Recently just used it on an over night trip in Moab.

2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Hammerballs
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Dethloff Mfg - Rack Owners

Post by Hammerballs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Well of course I need to get in on this thread right behind Mike since I consider his truck my beta tester. ;-) I love my Dethloff rack. There were a few changes made from Mike's prototype to my released version. I really like how I ended up mounting my tent also. Now I need Marcus to build me some sort of integrated cargo basket that will hang under the cross bars where I can carry items like my camp tables/sink and chairs and such.

I'm going to be giving it a solid test this next week as I head up to CO to camp and run the Alpine Loop.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2016 Laramie Power Wagon

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by PWJouster » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 am

when im ready, im all in. this is the cleanest rack ive seen.
architecture and design looks flawless in concept.
Window Clearance for Daily capability
Brake light spacing
Height consideration
follows body form
Rambox clearance
lightweight

plus, photos for marketing should be easy!

how simple would it be to plumb electrical through the side bars and down into the bed support recess?

i wanted to mount compressors in my rambox, and mount the tank, air ports and valves, lights on the side bars.

what is turn around time currently?

any way we can get more shots of the rambox open and clearances to the side bars?
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 am

PWJouster wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 am
How simple would it be to plumb electrical through the side bars and down into the bed support recess?
Very easily, I believe it's already been done for a guy in Alaska.
PWJouster wrote:
i wanted to mount compressors in my rambox, and mount the tank, air ports and valves, lights on the side bars.

any way we can get more shots of the rambox open and clearances to the side bars?
These are built by forum member DamageWagon, last year after meeting him at PWIM, I invited him to come to my place and build a rack and skids and bumper. I really didn't like any of the racks on the market. None followed the lines of the truck. Nuthouse for example, puts the same design on every truck, Toyota, Ford, Chevy :vomit:

He came up with an excellent design. My crossbars bolt on differently and are flat, compared to the production model. And I also have low mounted welded tabs for my tent.

I saw the new version in Moab because our friend Aaron also got one. And the new design offers better rear visibility than I have.

The nice thing about this setup is that you can remove the crossbars and still use your bed.

DamageWagon is currently on vacation, doing the continental divide route on a motobike. so I'm not sure on turn around, but he has to build these in batches. They're not sitting on a shelf like AEV parts. So keep that in mind. But if you buy one, you're supporting a member here who most of us all know, have worked with and trust. And has done a lot for the community.

:cheers:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:57 pm

PWJouster wrote:
when im ready, im all in. this is the cleanest rack ive seen.
architecture and design looks flawless in concept.
Window Clearance for Daily capability
Brake light spacing
Height consideration
follows body form
Rambox clearance
lightweight

plus, photos for marketing should be easy!

how simple would it be to plumb electrical through the side bars and down into the bed support recess?

Hey guys thank you for the kind words! I’m really happy with how the racks have developed! Ryan yours looks excellent and I really dig how you mounted the tent!

Plumbing electrical is easy, just grommeted holes for the tubes and then determining where you want it to drop down through the brackets.

Build time would need to wait until I’m back in town middle of August, I usually quote 6 weeks total for build time.

Shoot me an email at mdethloff@dethloffmfg.com and I can send you some pictures when I get time!