Rambox organization

If it's about Power Wagons, this is where it'll go.
User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2921
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kewadin, MI

Rambox organization

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Why not have a thread dedicated to showing off how everyone is organizing their ramboxes? Whatchya got in 'em, and how is it organized?

:nopics:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

FordyceCreekTrail
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:31 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Rambox organization

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Since FCA decided to cancel the boxes on my order I will never know :box: I planned to have tools and recovery gear on one side, other side for work related.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Ordered missing skids and White Knuckle sliders.
2018 The NEW Best Year!

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:23 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Rambox organization

Post by Shaved Ice » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:51 pm

One side is emergency and towing gear. The other is empty and frequently gets used for groceries if all the seats are full. Once I get a bak-flip cover for more dry storage, I will fill up the other side with more emergency gear.
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

Easttnrhino
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:11 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: athens tn

Re: Rambox organization

Post by Easttnrhino » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm

My passenger side has my 60" hi lift, short handled shovel, Forrest service axe (similar to matich) quick air air compressor, cleves, pulley, booster cables, 4 way lug wrench, chain, snatch trap, tree saver. Driver side I made a net that hangs on lid similar to the ram organizer for my gloves, I have my tool bag in there between some things pylwood dividers. And have room for small cooler and jackets. Also have my hitchs on drivers side I have room on others side but just trying to balance weight a little.
2017 wagon in beautiful east tn

User avatar
DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Model Year: 2011

Re: Rambox organization

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

How’s that for timing. I just got back from shipping these out. These replace the plastic corner caps with rubber isolated, 1/4” steel, powder coated plates with a welded & smoothed tie-down point.
Attachments
FA03EB15-5015-4197-B212-D5D1ADBAF486.jpeg
FDA270F8-0D02-496F-905D-60D7BF76B73B.jpeg

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2921
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Rambox organization

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm
How’s that for timing. I just got back from shipping these out. These replace the plastic corner caps with rubber isolated, 1/4” steel, powder coated plates with a welded & smoothed tie-down point.
Well hells bells. What am I looking at? The mopar rambox kit Santy brought me for Christmas has no cover plates that look to be the shape of these. More info please.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2921
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Rambox organization

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Shaved Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:51 pm
One side is emergency and towing gear. The other is empty and frequently gets used for groceries if all the seats are full. Once I get a bak-flip cover for more dry storage, I will fill up the other side with more emergency gear.
Easttnrhino wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm
My passenger side has my 60" hi lift, short handled shovel, Forrest service axe (similar to matich) quick air air compressor, cleves, pulley, booster cables, 4 way lug wrench, chain, snatch trap, tree saver. Driver side I made a net that hangs on lid similar to the ram organizer for my gloves, I have my tool bag in there between some things pylwood dividers. And have room for small cooler and jackets. Also have my hitchs on drivers side I have room on others side but just trying to balance weight a little.
A combination of these comments sounds somewhat like my boxes. Except I have not had much organization yet.

Cant wait to get my rambox divider kit and mesh holders on the lid installed to see what I can come up with.

There really is a lot of room in these boxes, but there is not an overly large area so it has to be well executed or it can easily become a large mess.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

User avatar
DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Model Year: 2011

Re: Rambox organization

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 pm

olyelr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 pm
DamageWagon wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm
How’s that for timing. I just got back from shipping these out. These replace the plastic corner caps with rubber isolated, 1/4” steel, powder coated plates with a welded & smoothed tie-down point.
Well hells bells. What am I looking at? The mopar rambox kit Santy brought me for Christmas has no cover plates that look to be the shape of these. More info please.
These plates replace the plastic bed caps on the top of the bed rails. Not in the RamBoxes but just next to them. These are the same plates used to mount my rack to the bed but I had a customer that just wanted the plates so he could strap things on top of his tonneau. These would be great for lashing a dirt bike or something tall in the bed too. I’m going to add them as a product, they’re straightforward and some people could find them useful.

Easttnrhino
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:11 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: athens tn

Re: Rambox organization

Post by Easttnrhino » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 am

Love the caps on top of corners damage wagon they would also be nice hand holds for us vertical challenged people to climb into bed . How much?
2017 wagon in beautiful east tn

Easttnrhino
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:11 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: athens tn

Re: Rambox organization

Post by Easttnrhino » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 am

Love the caps on top of corners damage wagon they would also be nice hand holds for us vertical challenged people to climb into bed . How much? How do you get to nuts underneath.
2017 wagon in beautiful east tn

TheDirtRoad
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:28 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Green River, Wyoming

Re: Rambox organization

Post by TheDirtRoad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 am

Easttnrhino wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 am
Love the caps on top of corners damage wagon they would also be nice hand holds for us vertical challenged people to climb into bed . How much? How do you get to nuts underneath.
Yes Damage Wagon tell us more.

User avatar
DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Model Year: 2011

Re: Rambox organization

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 am

TheDirtRoad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 am
Easttnrhino wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 am
Love the caps on top of corners damage wagon they would also be nice hand holds for us vertical challenged people to climb into bed . How much? How do you get to nuts underneath.
Yes Damage Wagon tell us more.
Haha I had not considered them for climbing into the bed :lol: these are the same base plates used for my rack, they are a direct replacement for the plastic corner caps. Just pop the plastic corner caps off, unscrew the RamBoxes and tail lights and you have direct access to the screws from underneath. The plates are 1/4” steel with a black semi-gloss powder coat. They get a 3/16” weather-stable EPDM rubber isolated adhered to the bottom to prevent any scratches to the truck. The tie-down is 3/8” laser cut steel that I hand smooth so you can use rope, webbing or a hook in it without abrading the line. Hardware is all stainless, using button head bolts and flanged locknuts.

These would be great for tying anything tall into the bed as well, like a dirt bike.

Price will be $260 including shipping and hardware.
Attachments
DE771168-758E-472A-B038-D92CF49CFF5D.jpeg

User avatar
MikeKey
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 am
Model Year: 2014
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Rambox organization

Post by MikeKey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am

I had posted a bunch of mine in my build thread, but it seems like my image links broke. I'll have to update it anyways. I've changed some things around.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Rambox organization

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Mine have tools and recovery gear in the passenger side. Tow straps, chain, mini shovel, ratchet straps and rope, tarp, battery pack, etc. The driver side I try to keep open for whatever toys I need easy access to, usually fishing rods, trekking poles, etc. The past couple years I've mostly been living out of moving boxes and haven't really settled into a place, so the left side has kind of ended up as a catch-all and I almost never empty it out. I'm pretty sure there's about 6 fishing rods in there at the moment, maybe more.

I finally seem to have moved into a place that I want to stay in for a while, so once I get the garage organized I'll move on to getting things out of the truck. Probably will end up making some custom dividers for the boxes to keep everything in its place a little better.
John
Alaska
2015 PW Laramie w/RamBox, 35"x12.50r17 Toyo C/Ts, custom rock sliders, PCP front/rear half-spiders, DOR steering brace, drinks Amsoil Kool-Aid, custom offroad pinstripes and extreme mud splash graphics

DirtyOffroad
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: Rambox organization

Post by DirtyOffroad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 pm
Since FCA decided to cancel the boxes on my order I will never know :box: I planned to have tools and recovery gear on one side, other side for work related.
That's odd. I ordered mine on Jan 3rd and it went through with them
2018 Ram 2500 Powerwagon
Merrick Dodge/Chryler/Jeep Salesman - Long Island, New York.

FordyceCreekTrail
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:31 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Rambox organization

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm

No idea, I assume it was color related. But when notified by the factory the scum bag dealer did not call me to discuss.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Ordered missing skids and White Knuckle sliders.
2018 The NEW Best Year!

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2921
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Rambox organization

Post by olyelr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm
.... the scum bag dealer did not call me to discuss.
That was probably the issue right there.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

KevinABQ
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Rambox organization

Post by KevinABQ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm

DirtyOffroad wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm
That's odd. I ordered mine on Jan 3rd and it went through with them
Mine is waiting for me in Caldwell Idaho with Ramboxes. I’ll get it on the 30th.

There was a period where you couldn’t order them on 2500s last month or so.
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline

FordyceCreekTrail
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:31 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Rambox organization

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm

So stupid, I would have waited another month. Had already been 3 months, what would another month be? But the guy that ordered it quit as well. Thing is every time you buy a car its seems to be more trouble then it should be.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Ordered missing skids and White Knuckle sliders.
2018 The NEW Best Year!

DirtyOffroad
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: Rambox organization

Post by DirtyOffroad » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:52 am

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm
No idea, I assume it was color related. But when notified by the factory the scum bag dealer did not call me to discuss.
In their defense (which to be fair a lot are scum bags), Issues like that I don't get notified of. They do it and I'd have to actually check on purpose to even know about it.
2018 Ram 2500 Powerwagon
Merrick Dodge/Chryler/Jeep Salesman - Long Island, New York.

DirtyOffroad
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: Rambox organization

Post by DirtyOffroad » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:41 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm
So stupid, I would have waited another month. Had already been 3 months, what would another month be? But the guy that ordered it quit as well. Thing is every time you buy a car its seems to be more trouble then it should be.
Thats true a lot of the time. I'm one of the top guys in the country and people tell me horror stories of other dealerships and salespeople
2018 Ram 2500 Powerwagon
Merrick Dodge/Chryler/Jeep Salesman - Long Island, New York.

FordyceCreekTrail
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:31 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Rambox organization

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 pm

They did get notified, the new Sales Manager figured it out and told me someone should have called me.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Ordered missing skids and White Knuckle sliders.
2018 The NEW Best Year!

TankerZak
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:43 pm
Model Year: 2014

Re: Rambox organization

Post by TankerZak » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:23 pm

I used the rambox kit they sell. Works good. Has all my d recovery type gear in it. Smaller more immediate need stuff on driver side, low probability stuff on the passenger side.
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, no graphics, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Traxada rear 1 inch spacer, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren rear trackbar, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front shocks, King 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Toyo RT 37x12.5R17 on Raceline Avenger 17x9 +20 wheels, DOR steering brace, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, AMP BedStep, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 synthetic winch line, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2921
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Rambox organization

Post by olyelr » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Boy o boy look at all the responses but no pics , . ? !
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

FordyceCreekTrail
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:31 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Albuquerque

Re: Rambox organization

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 am

Hold on you know its coming.....

Image
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Ordered missing skids and White Knuckle sliders.
2018 The NEW Best Year!

Post Reply