Fender trimming on 14+

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Fender trimming on 14+

Post by Easttnrhino » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 am

I have read on thuren page about trimming lower front fender rear wheel opening, and also read where some of you have already trimmed plastic and pinch weld. Any body got any after pics. Going to go ahead and do mine getting ready for 37 tires. Thanks
Enjoying beautiful east TN

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Re: Fender trimming on 14+

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am

I would advise caution moving forward and wait to do any trimming till after you installed the 37's. This way you're not trimming unnecessarily. Thuren's info is very good for these trucks. Just remember though, it's usually always written for the 2500/3500 crowd first. Power Wagons last.

I had no trimming to do. Granted, I have a High clearance bumper, so nothing to trim up front, but also nothing to trim in the rear either. Currently only rub on the sway bar.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Re: Fender trimming on 14+

Post by Easttnrhino » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Thanks for the info, mike I have read your build and love your truck and ideas. Did your 37,s balance okay. I am keeping stock rims. Thanks
Enjoying beautiful east TN