Plow guys... Timbrens? AirLift Aircell?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
13BlkPowerWagon
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Plow guys... Timbrens? AirLift Aircell?

Post by 13BlkPowerWagon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:10 am

So, I bit the bullet and bought a nice used plow (Boss 8' Power-V), getting the wiring harness together, and a mount to put it on the PW, but I'm a little worried about the sag the front end is going to suffer with the weight of the plow. Timbrens look like they might be a decent option to prevent/reduce the sag, but Part of me also worries that they won't help much, and for $220, be a waste. The AirLift Aircell option looks like it might be better yet, since it has additional spacers to take up some of the extra clearance (or increase the load capacity). They're about $65 cheaper too. The Aircells are urethane, which don't dampen as well as rubber, like the Timbrens, but that's what shocks are for anyway I guess.

Anyone used them on the front end of a PW? My concern is really that the distance from bump stop to axle is 1.5-2" greater on the PW (due to the suspension lift) compared to a standard 2500. So it won't take up any of the sag until it takes up that difference.

Any other options/suggestions for ways to temporarily/intermittently stop the sag? Thought about some Gabriel air shocks, but they don't make anything for the front end of the Rams.

ramv
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Plow guys... Timbrens? AirLift Aircell?

Post by ramv » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

I had the Firestone/Bilstein air shocks on the front of my Chevy 2500. I liked them a lot.
2016 Laramie; 5.13s, Locker Bypass, WK sliders, 35" Toyo MT, 2Lo Kit, ProCal, Hemifever tune, Airbags/Cradles, Thuren 2.5" King w/ Boogie Bumps, Warn SDP6000