Changeable Settings at Dealer

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Changeable Settings at Dealer

Post by TankerZak » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:04 pm

olyelr wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:49 pm
TankerZak wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Did he just do the TPMS change? I'm renting two devices to do the TPMS, tire size, and fog lights during high beams from a guy with a website that rents them out on the cummins forums. I want all three done but it takes two devices if the dealer won't work with u.

Fixed that for ya.
LOL, thanks. That makes way more sense...
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

Mike-H
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by Mike-H » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 am

[/quote]

Did he just do the TPMS change? I'm renting two devices to do the TPMS, tire size, and fog lights during low beams from a guy with a website that rents them out on the cummins forums. I want all three done but it takes two devices if the dealer won't work with u.
[/quote]

Yes. That’s all he was looking for was the tpms to get rid of his dash light.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:28 am

Mike-H wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:41 am
Reloaderguy wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 pm
OP has a 14+ truck, that is what we're discussing.
Correct. 12 and older use a different system. 13 and up are programmed the same.

Talked to a diesel guy online when I was working on getting a Procal. Told him what my dealer did for me after I took it in initially, he was able to get his redone at the dealer also. His was a late model.
The dealer you went to either has an old version of Witech on a computer that doesn't update or one of the two devices I mentioned. The current version of Witech does not have the ability to change TPMS values.

Mike-H
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by Mike-H » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 pm

We don’t care what system they are using. Some dealers can, some can’t. Find a dealer that sells lifted trucks and they’ll have a solution.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:02 am

Mike-H wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 pm
We don’t care what system they are using. Some dealers can, some can’t. Find a dealer that sells lifted trucks and they’ll have a solution.
It's it's a fairly important distinction when you're casually telling people to just go to their closest dealer. You might not care but the recipients of your advice probably do. There are probably less than 10 Ram dealer in the entire US that are sophisticated enough to understand what it takes to change the TPMS thresholds. The probability your dealer actually has an old Witech version hanging around is pretty low.

Snewmon
Model Year: 2014

Post by Snewmon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Hello guys, new to the forum- apologize if this is a thread hijack- flame me if needed. 👊🏼
I’m in Albuquerque and have a 2015 with 305/70’s Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. It sure feels sloppy in the tranny sometimes and like there’s more gear hunting hitting hills—- You’ll think it worth the Procal? Or maybe just renting the unit(s) to change everything the Procal does plus be able to complete the TPMS adjustments? My local dealer (Melloy) is not helpful re that...
Thanks for your input... love the Wagon thus far.

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 pm

Adding to this, if anyone is in SoCal, CJC off road can clear the TPMS light if you get you get your PIN #s. I'm going to stop by to have them do it next time I'm in the area.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm

My trans accepts a pto. Wonder if the high idle would work with the 3rd Gens ?

ramv
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by ramv » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:28 pm

With the manual, it sure seems like it should be....

Are you DBW or cable? If cable, you should be able to add a hand throttle. There are some slick throttle controls that mount to the shifter.
2016 Laramie; 5.13s, Locker Bypass, WK sliders, 35" Toyo MT, 2Lo Kit, ProCal, Hemifever tune, Airbags/Cradles, Thuren 2.5" King w/ Boogie Bumps, Warn SDP6000

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Unfortunately it is DBW setup. We have a local handicap vehicle outfitter around us. I did ask them but did not have the truck with me & they ballparked it @ $1000 + or -. Yes, it would be cool, but i just ain't got the coin for that.

Snewmon

Post by Snewmon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Snewmon wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:10 pm
Hello guys, new to the forum- apologize if this is a thread hijack- flame me if needed. 👊🏼
I’m in Albuquerque and have a 2015 with 305/70’s Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. It sure feels sloppy in the tranny sometimes and like there’s more gear hunting hitting hills—- You’ll think it worth the Procal? Or maybe just renting the unit(s) to change everything the Procal does plus be able to complete the TPMS adjustments? My local dealer (Melloy) is not helpful re that...
Thanks for your input... love the Wagon thus far.
Hey guys! Hope you’ll are well... just checking in to see if anyone had thoughts on this? If need be I can certainly create a new thread... just didn’t want to clog things up. Thanks in advance!

I went with the 305’s so I could fit the inflated spare underneath... come to find out, having it underneath in the spare location marred up my 5th PW wheel! :angry: I should’ve just went with the 37’s and had the spare strapped down in the bed.

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Absolutely get things right with your computer/electronics. You and your truck will be much happier
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm

Snewmon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm

I went with the 305’s so I could fit the inflated spare underneath... come to find out, having it underneath in the spare location marred up my 5th PW wheel! :angry: I should’ve just went with the 37’s and had the spare strapped down in the bed.
Did you install it with the nice side up, so it dosnt get marred up by the clamp setup at the end of the cable?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

machete-lc
Model Year: 2015

Post by machete-lc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Hey Snewmon,

I got the Procal and really feel like it was worth it. I have 35's on my 2015 and it shifts great. I haven't done the TPMS yet, waiting till I have time to get that done. I am down the road in Los Lunas. BTW I got my fully inflated BFG (35") up into my spare location with a little finessing. Guys at Discount said it didn't fit but I just had to go slow and wiggle a little at the right times.
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear

machete-lc

Post by machete-lc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Hey Snewmon,

I got the Procal and really feel like it was worth it. I have 35's on my 2015 and it shifts great. I haven't done the TPMS yet, waiting till I have time to get that done. I am down the road in Los Lunas. BTW I got my fully inflated BFG (35") up into my spare location with a little finessing. Guys at Discount said it didn't fit but I just had to go slow and wiggle a little at the right times.
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear

Snewmon

Post by Snewmon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:01 am

Colibri wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:58 pm
Absolutely get things right with your computer/electronics. You and your truck will be much happier
Awesome man- that’s what I figured. Even though the size is something like 3.4% off from the stock tire size, it has seemed to affect shift points as well as the other known stuff. Thanks Colibri :cheers:
Last edited by Snewmon on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snewmon

Post by Snewmon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 am

olyelr wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm
Snewmon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Did you install it with the nice side up, so it dosnt get marred up by the clamp setup at the end of the cable?
I did... sadly I assumed there was clearance from the wheel face and the half moon metal piece that the usual spare wheel butts up too... I was so focused on getting the inflated tire in there I didn’t realize it touching. I almost jumped the gun and accused Discount Tire of the damage... thankfully I realized it was my own doing before I made an ass outa myself. :idea: :cash:

Snewmon

Post by Snewmon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 am

machete-lc wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:07 pm
Hey Snewmon,

Hey bud- awesome to hear you’re local! That’s great that you made the 35” fit... I’m really liking the Ridge Grapplers but I’ll have to check out the BFG’s next round. Did you go with the AT’s or MT’s?
Good to hear another vote for the Procall... especially on another 15’. I figure the unit will come in handy again if/when I go bigger in tire size as well as work at getting the TPMS figured. If you end up renting a unit or finding a dealer that’ll assist with the TPMS, please let me know... I’d certainly appreciate it.
Hope you’ll are well.

Snewmon

Post by Snewmon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 am

Hello to you’ll... just an update to say that I got the Procal and adjusted for the little bit bigger tires. Since I drove for a while without the adjustments, I can say wholeheartedly it’s worth the price. The truck seems much happier overall. Thanks to you guys!

machete-lc

Post by machete-lc » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:09 am

Hey Snewmon,

I went with the ATs (KO2). So far so good, much quieter than the original tires. Last weekend we went quail hunting near Roswell and driving back I got 16.5 MPG. Got to love this truck! Of course if I drive 80 MPH it drops down to 14ish but hey it is a 7,000 pound truck. I would love to hear how you like the Ridge Grapplers. Looks like a very nice tire.

Take care!

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:23 am

The road to Roswell? I have never dropped below 100 MPH on that road. Its an Autobahn . I wont be getting 14 mpg on that road!
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

machete-lc

Post by machete-lc » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:52 pm

LOL! I agree if you go thru Clines Corners and Vaughn but since I live south of you I head through Carizozo and Lincoln. Average less than 70 mph and I get great MPG.