Dodge Off Road brand reliability

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Dodge Off Road brand reliability

Post by IIIOIISTER » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

I was checking out their Steering Brace and website earlier and was pretty impressed by the array of products they offer. Anyone care to share their first hand experience with DOR products or how they stack up against like products from other competitors? Thanks.
'17 Power Wagon
35" Yokohama Geolander G003
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Re: Dodge Off Road brand reliability

Post by Easttnrhino » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 pm

I have there steering brace and am very pleased. Like the looks of some of their other stuff, just cannot give any experience with anything else.
Enjoying beautiful east TN

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 pm

They randomly have poor fitment issues that I do not understand. Part of it is that their parts have a lower quality plasma cut so sometimes you need to drill holes open to make them work. Sometimes parts come backwards or impossible to fit. They earned a very poor reputation regarding how they handle customer support and have repeatedly stopped relying to customers when they had a problem. However I've heard several recent cases where they were quick to help and send replacement parts. It's a mixed bag with shady history. They have a lot of products and are cheaper than almost anyone else.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 pm

I purchased a rear diff cover from them, I waited almost 6 months to get it, one of the welds leaked oil and the powder coating is peeling off when I got it, I emailed them about a replacement multiple times and never got a response so I have a $250 diff cover sitting on a shelf in my garage .

They have some quality control and warranty issues and I would not purchase from them again.
Attachments
DOR Rear Diff Cover Leak (with highlight).jpg
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 pm
They randomly have poor fitment issues that I do not understand. Part of it is that their parts have a lower quality plasma cut so sometimes you need to drill holes open to make them work. Sometimes parts come backwards or impossible to fit. They earned a very poor reputation regarding how they handle customer support and have repeatedly stopped relying to customers when they had a problem. However I've heard several recent cases where they were quick to help and send replacement parts. It's a mixed bag with shady history. They have a lot of products and are cheaper than almost anyone else.
This.

So I purchased the Steering brace, it was shipped out to me fast. But I had some of these random fitment issues. Marcus here had to help me drill out the mounting holes. They were shaped like D's. Really, indicates they might not even do a visual inspection of their products. We had drill out all the holes. I mean the steering brace works great and really tightened up the feel of the steering. It was very noticeable. I'm happy with how it works.

But the owner has kind of a bad reputation if you ask around ... I dunno all second-hand hearsay, so take that with a grain of salt.

I had a mostly neutral opinion, but now I'm kind of leary after my purchase. They're the bottom rung of choices at this point for me.

So seems to be a toss-up. Some have problems, some don't. Their prices are pretty low/attractive on a lot of stuff.

Best advice is BUY WITH CAUTION.

:cheers:
Last edited by OffroadTreks on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 pm

I'm really neutral about dor. I have their long bent arms. No issues with ordering. No issue with customer service. Product was excellent. Product was shipped exactly when I was told it would. Had to hit a corner of the plate with a grinder for just one bolt clearance (1/4"). Very happy. Yet everyone says stay away. Simply Danny has never done me wrong. So I'm good
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by TankerZak » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:28 pm

My DOR steering brace was perfect. No issues. That is all.
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 am

nts007 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 pm
I'm really neutral about dor. I have their long bent arms. No issues with ordering. No issue with customer service. Product was excellent. Product was shipped exactly when I was told it would. Had to hit a corner of the plate with a grinder for just one bolt clearance (1/4"). Very happy. Yet everyone says stay away. Simply Danny has never done me wrong. So I'm good

Im one of those guys who will not piss on anybody until they piss on me. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

But, I do like to take all things into consideration, and fact is there have been lots of people flat out fawked over from DOR. I do not personally know any of these people and their cases, but I sure have read many believable stories on the forums.

I have not completely shut their products out yet (many things are very tempting). But I am also not a gambler, so...
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 am

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... 6&start=25

This is the thread to read if you’re curious about DOR products.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Colibri wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 am
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... 6&start=25

This is the thread to read if you’re curious about DOR products.
The TLDR version for the lazy.

See below; Danny actually duplicated Thurens website, bought a bunch of domains and then linked them to DOR.
djgaston wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:00 am

The Cummins Forum links are fine, it's fair game. I've always been happy to answer any questions regarding complaints, but the mods on that site have a beef with me that goes back about 10 years and there isn't anything I can do about it on that site. ......

I'm not saying anything negative about Don, as he has done about me and others in the industry for many years. I've known Don longer than anybody on here has. I have spent more money with him than just about anybody, all prior to 2010. You can find complaints on anybody. Some of ours are a bigger deal because they are being egged on by moderators and people affiliated with competitors. As evidenced in this very thread. Plus I used to feed into it and make things worse. If anybody has a legit question or concern, I'm happy to discuss. But I'm way past the chest-thumping stuff. I gave Don a chance to have those domains for free and all I asked was that he apologize for his slanderous statements that have been ongoing for years. He was not able to do that. You really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, but if you want to buy into the drama, that's fine. It's exciting. Have fun with it. I did the domain thing to rib him (and I told him that), I had them for 1.5 years before anybody even noticed. Forgot all about them until he emailed a couple of months ago.
thuren wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm
It's too bad this has to be my first post on here! I've been meaning to register for a while, and can't wait to dabble more into the PW's! PW advancement has started, and we will have PW's listed specifically on the website soon. Should have a 2016 PW here for a few days to play with, sooner than later.

I had to register for these comments by Danny. I have never slandered Danny or DOR, though, I have been honest, and that might not come across in a way Danny liked.

Danny I just re-read the email I sent you, that you never felt compelled to respond to. Just left me hanging. I did apologize to you, and I even said I would publicly apologize on DTX for not calling you in person first. Being that I did apologize to you, and you know I did, then you start this out by saying you are not saying anything negative about me, wouldn't you consider these comments slanderous?

Sorry for the drama I just can't let untrue statements go on like this.

Sometimes owner drama is a good indication of whether or not you should get involved with someone or do business with them. How they conduct business outside of their office and how they respond to critics and complaints in the public purview.

:popcorn:
-------
------

djgaston

Post by djgaston » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Dang guys, I just got on here to look up a bypass diagram and saw this thread because MikeKey tagged me. I typed out a really lengthy reply addressing everything and went to post it, the forum locked up and I lost the whole text. So I'll do a much shorter version.

We make great products that stack up well against any other products. If that weren't true, we wouldn't have been as successful as we have been over the years. Have there been people who have had issues with our products or customer service? Absolutely. I started the company in my garage, it grew faster than I ever thought it would, and I wasn't prepared. There were some bad years in there where I just simply couldn't handle it all. So I hired help. It took a couple years to get good help and get them trained. Then my #2 guy left to start his own business last year, my #3 guy left due to a life-changing family emergency, and I had to hire basically anybody that came through the doors looking for a job. We went through several people that just weren't going to work out and have finally ended up in a good spot with a great crew. I just added one more today that will help on the customer service side and that will free up my main assembler, who will now have more time to check parts before they go out. Manufacturing businesses are tough - we do everything ourselves and when someone leaves, it's hard to get a new person in here and trained as quickly as we need. The stuff we make is very, very specific. Some of it can't be found anywhere else in the world, period.

Coder, I don't know what the deal was with us not replying to your emails but I can tell what the problem with the diff cover is from looking at the pic. We didn't make it. That one is from back when we ordered them from another company (you probably know who) and then all I did was drill the hole for the drain plug, weld it in, weld the DOR tag on it, and powder coat it. We stopped using those companies (there are two of them and they are in Arizona) because of poor weld quality and poor machining, but now we make the diff covers here and have not had a single issue with any of them since we started doing them ourselves. I just didn't have the equipment back then. Back in those days, I was powder coating with a Harbor Freight gun and a free oven I got from an appliance store in town, but I did it for free and there was no warranty on the powdercoat. The leak is from a bad weld that we didn't do, but it's still a DOR product as far as you are concerned and I'll make it right. I can either fix it, recoat it (we have a real powder coating setup now haha), and ship it back to you for free, or I can give you store credit if you don't want it back. And, even though this is outside of what we would normally do, I'll refund you $250 from my personal Paypal account if you just don't want anything to do with the other options. I'm not going to have someone that unhappy after all this time. Give us a call or send an email, or PM me your contact info and I'll get you taken care of. I'm sorry for the issue with your diff cover and I wish I had seen the email(s) before because I would have taken care of it then.

MikeKey, I'm sorry about your brace. I don't know what the heck happened there. We just didn't pay attention. No excuses. If you would have contacted us we would have sent a new brace out right away, but I'm glad that you were able to get help drilling the holes and that you are happy with it now. As far as me having a bad reputation, if you have any kind of information on that other than the Thuren thread, please let me know. I've asked multiple times when people say stuff like that and so far nobody has ever been able to provide any kind of actual proof, but if someone out there thinks that I have wronged them then I will take care of it. Most of what I've read on forums is 80% BS and 20% fact, I used to call people out on it and then they got even more pissed at me so I just quit. Some people are just never going to be happy. If you don't know of any specific things as your post eludes to, then why are you spreading rumors? That's the whole problem. Every single time it comes up, it's always "well I don't know personally, but someone that I talked to said he heard from someone else..." Give me a break. I'll say the same thing I've said every other time, give me an order number or a name and I'll tell you everything about it, the full story. Then make up your mind. But without hearing both sides, you're assuming that everybody on the internet is telling the truth, and that's just not the case. Stuff gets exaggerated all the time. I think that's the primary goal of social media, isn't it? lol

The deal with the Thuren domains has been covered so many times, there really isn't much else to say. He pissed me off, I tried to get back at him, it blew up in my face, and that's what I deserve for not being professional. He's over it, I'm over it, he has told people to get over it, and you guys keep bringing it up like it's the most scandalous thing that ever went down. I buy domain names when they come up, I currently own 36 of them. They all default to DOR when I buy them. I originally had those domains going to another site for the first year or however long, but something got changed in my control panel and they went to the default forwarding address like all my other domains. And I didn't realize it until the whole thing blew up like an episode of Real Housewives of Internet Forums. It was my fault, it was a stupid decision, I did it in a joking/FU kind of way to Don, and I got exactly what I deserved. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong. It wasn't done with malicious intent from business to business, it was done as an "oh yeah? watch this" to someone that I've dealt with since 2003 and had a pretty good friendship with for many of those years. I respect Don very much and we both have the sentiment that it's fine to run products from whatever company you want. If you want a Carli/Thuren truck, I tell people all the time to buy everything they make. Then when your steering goes or you need some adjustable rear control arms to get rid of the factory junk, give DOR a shot. We make stuff that nobody else makes so there is no competition with several of our products. We have the largest catalog of Ram parts of any company in this segment, it's all made here in our shop, and we really do try to make everyone happy. I'm not on forums begging people to buy our stuff. We don't advertise at all, yet we ship products all over the world because people find us online and in forums and our reputation is good. If our reputation was as bad as some of you seem to think, we would either be out of business or I never would have managed to turn this into a larger company than when I was doing it all in my garage as a part time gig. Eventually all of the "DOR rips people off" stuff has to conclude because companies that do that don't hang around. I can name several that got me in the past and eventually shut down. Our only problem is that we can't make stuff fast enough, and sometimes things go out in a rush and don't get checked like they should, but we're correcting that part of it.

And Mike, I wish I had seen this before I booked the Moab trip with you guys. I was looking forward to coming out and meeting some new PW owners, but I really don't want to step on any toes. It's your event, if you'd rather me not be there then just say the word. I haven't booked my RV site yet so it's no big deal, I can bump the trip up to Easter Safari or something else. I think I'm the only one with 41" tires so I might not be the best fit anyway. But I certainly don't want to show up and make things awkward if you don't want me there. I'll get my Moab time in one way or another.

Those of you who had nice things to say, thank you very much! :-) Let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. We're always available at 855.9009.DOR or sales@dodgeoffroad.com. I guess I'm not getting PM notifications on here, I had several messages and didn't know about them so just email or call if you are able to. But we're always here to help if you have any questions at all.

If you want to see what our products are like, our Instagram page is a good look at what goes on here. None of the photos are staged, I just snap pics with my iPhone and post them up every day or two. We have a lot of followers and people seem to like our stuff, so check it out if you want to see more than is on our website: www.instagram.com/dodgeoffroad1

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 am

Judging by the few pictures I have seen, it looks like the front mounts for the White Knuckle sliders are utilizing the same realestate as the long arm 4-link frame mounts. Has this already been confirmed?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:20 am

I have no dog in this. But that was a nice professional reply.

If you guys wanted to see some real drama on a forum. You should have read about Forge Performance and a GT-R owner going at it. :jawdrop: It covered 4 forums.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you want a refund just ask.

I thought I was being mostly fair with this
I dunno all second-hand hearsay, so take that with a grain of salt.
And the second post is just a TLDR summary of what Coder posted from what I could gather. If that felt like an attack on you, I'm sorry.

You have a lot of customers in the PWIM group, running control arms and braces. I'll probably have your control arms not before long because they're the only offering in town.

But LOL at you're on 41's and won't fit. Jeff is on 40's and will be there towards the end. There is a core group of us who wheel pretty hard. But gotta do some stuff for the newbs too. But maybe Fullsize invasion is for you if we're not hardcore enough. :thppt:

-------
------

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:08 am

I have no personal animosity towards Danny/DOR, and if he has matured as a business owner and wants to be an active part of our community then more power to him.

My problem is and has always been that he writes off what he did with Thurens domain name as a kind of “no big deal/I was just messing with him cause I was upset” kind of thing. It is a big deal. It is illegal. He committed a crime, not something to do time for, but absolutely something that he could be held liable for in civil court. If Thuren had pursued a case against him he would have won and Danny would be raked over the coals financially.

As a small business owner myself name recognition is extremely important to me. If everyone involved has moved past this, then great. If Danny wants to be more involved here, then great. But don’t man up in a half assed way by saying what you did was wrong but then trying to minimize and explain it away as good ole boy shenanigans or something.

I realize my opinion doesn’t mean shit to anybody but I felt the need to speak my piece. Danny this isn’t a personal attack against you and I’m not going to say anything more about it going forward. Good luck with your business and maybe one day we’ll wheel together.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 am

Danny has a knack for stirring up settled dust. There are a lot more subtle ways of resolving CS issues.

djgaston

Post by djgaston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 am
Danny has a knack for stirring up settled dust. There are a lot more subtle ways of resolving CS issues.
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, but as an individual, I get tired of the same people bringing up the same thing over and over again. My goal is to resolve an issue and move on from it, not rehash it everytime someone wants to talk about it online. I saw this thread because I got on here to look something up for my own truck, it's not like I'm out digging for things to stir up. I don't even know who you are and you seem to know a lot about me, it's weird. It's frustrating to constantly talk about things that happened years ago, because we're so far removed from that era and I'm a little bit older/more mature. I used to be an internet badass and would argue with anyone, now I use all my energy arguing with my kids. :lol: I'm not perfect, but for the last couple of years all anybody had to do to resolve something is pick up the phone and call. We can't fix an issue if we don't know there is one. Not sure if that even covers what you are referring to but vague statements are hard to respond to.

djgaston

Post by djgaston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Colibri wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:08 am
I have no personal animosity towards Danny/DOR, and if he has matured as a business owner and wants to be an active part of our community then more power to him.

My problem is and has always been that he writes off what he did with Thurens domain name as a kind of “no big deal/I was just messing with him cause I was upset” kind of thing. It is a big deal. It is illegal. He committed a crime, not something to do time for, but absolutely something that he could be held liable for in civil court. If Thuren had pursued a case against him he would have won and Danny would be raked over the coals financially.

As a small business owner myself name recognition is extremely important to me. If everyone involved has moved past this, then great. If Danny wants to be more involved here, then great. But don’t man up in a half assed way by saying what you did was wrong but then trying to minimize and explain it away as good ole boy shenanigans or something.

I realize my opinion doesn’t mean shit to anybody but I felt the need to speak my piece. Danny this isn’t a personal attack against you and I’m not going to say anything more about it going forward. Good luck with your business and maybe one day we’ll wheel together.
The reason I say it like "no big deal" is because that's how I viewed it at the time and I guess how I still view it. I don't see it as a crime but I am not a lawyer. I'm being as honest about it as I can be and definitely not trying to drag it out or get you fired up even more. It was stupid, I've said that multiple times, I just didn't think about it when I did it. I'm an idiot. But I also own domains with the name Cummins in them, and Dodge, and other brand names, and they all point to my site or other sites. It's a fairly common practice I think. I don't see it in as negative of a light as the people who steal my trademarked logo and use it on these fake social media accounts to try and convince people that they are the official page. I think there are layers to it and the bottom line is what the intention is, when it comes to this type of stuff. My only experience with anything brand-related was that many years ago my family had a competing resort copy our logo and put it on a bunch of advertising, merchandise, etc. The whole point was to make people think they were visiting our resort. We sued, we won, they had to destroy everything with that copycat logo on it and there was a small fine associated with it. In my view, the domain thing isn't that, but that's just my opinion and I am sorry for what I did. Not just because it blew up in my face but because it was wrong. I would handle things very differently this time. And I don't mean for my attitude toward it to seem half-assed, I am just trying to explain my mindset at the time so that hopefully you guys can see that I'm being honest and humble about it, not making excuses or trying to talk my way out of it. It was really dumb, a very poor decision, and I wish I had not done it. I appreciate your opinion on it because I really hadn't seen it that way until now. So thank you. And hopefully we'll get to wheel together and put this chapter in the past.

djgaston

Post by djgaston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm

olyelr wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 am
Judging by the few pictures I have seen, it looks like the front mounts for the White Knuckle sliders are utilizing the same realestate as the long arm 4-link frame mounts. Has this already been confirmed?
I'm not 100% sure, I know there have been issues getting our arms to work with Amp steps but I don't think anybody has asked about using them with White Knuckle sliders. I'll try to look some pics up and see. It's hard to make all of this stuff fit together sometimes, but if there is a way to do it we'll be glad to adjust our long arms as long as it doesn't affect the geometry or quality.

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by MSCH2112 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm

djgaston wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm
Reloaderguy wrote:
now I use all my energy arguing with my kids. :lol:
now isn't that the truth with kids! funny.

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 pm

djgaston wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm
Reloaderguy wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, but as an individual, I get tired of the same people bringing up the same thing over and over again. My goal is to resolve an issue and move on from it, not rehash it everytime someone wants to talk about it online. I saw this thread because I got on here to look something up for my own truck, it's not like I'm out digging for things to stir up. I don't even know who you are and you seem to know a lot about me, it's weird. It's frustrating to constantly talk about things that happened years ago, because we're so far removed from that era and I'm a little bit older/more mature. I used to be an internet badass and would argue with anyone, now I use all my energy arguing with my kids. :lol: I'm not perfect, but for the last couple of years all anybody had to do to resolve something is pick up the phone and call. We can't fix an issue if we don't know there is one. Not sure if that even covers what you are referring to but vague statements are hard to respond to.
I'm not a Danny Gaston or DOR hater. I have one of your steering braces and it's great. With that said you have a habit of relitigating old news. You also have lingering customer service issues. You seem to have the eloquence of a 400lb ballerina in public. From someone who deals with this sort of thing, you'd be better off addressing positive subjects publicly and negative subjects privately. If you really want to resolve the CS complaints, don't obligate your customers to initiate communication, contact them first and replace the product at no cost.

djgaston

Post by djgaston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 pm

MikeKey wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you want a refund just ask.

I thought I was being mostly fair with this
I dunno all second-hand hearsay, so take that with a grain of salt.
And the second post is just a TLDR summary of what Coder posted from what I could gather. If that felt like an attack on you, I'm sorry.

You have a lot of customers in the PWIM group, running control arms and braces. I'll probably have your control arms not before long because they're the only offering in town.

But LOL at you're on 41's and won't fit. Jeff is on 40's and will be there towards the end. There is a core group of us who wheel pretty hard. But gotta do some stuff for the newbs too. But maybe Fullsize invasion is for you if we're not hardcore enough. :thppt:

It's up to you, I think you can ask your wife about how excited I was to wheel with you guys. I don't care about the tire size thing, she was the one who told me I was the only one on 40" or bigger. My response was that I didn't mind, I was just glad to hang out and help out as needed. I was bringing our mobile fab shop with a bunch of spare parts for everybody running factory steering and stuff like that. It's not about being hardcore, I can wheel hard stuff anytime I want. I just wanted to make some new friends and enjoy wheeling with other Dodge owners. My hesitation is only that it seemed like you might not want me there, based on your opinion. Saying "take it with a grain of salt" is a cop-out. Nobody pays attention to that part of the statement. It's not an attack, and I don't feel attacked. I just was surprised to see you say anything like that, being that you are the event organizer and that I thought we were on good terms. But my biggest thing is I just don't want to rain on your parade, and I'm not trying to be a baby about it or anything. And I know that sometimes when a truck shows up with 41" tires, beadlocks, front and rear coilovers, etc it's intimidating to the guys who are all stock. Sometimes the ways things are conveyed online aren't the way that a person really means it and that may be the case here on both sides. I'm not mad, just surprised that you would spread a rumor that you don't seem to know anything about. If we're cool then I'll see you there. :rockon:

We're about to do another big run on those rear arms, we're waiting on the material to show up so we can start running them in the lathe. I'm really hoping to have them on the shelf and ready to ship this month and then try to keep them stocked all the time. They are a great product, but I feel that way about everything we make. haha Making new stuff is kind of like fishing, you throw bait out and see what you catch. I wasn't sure how many of these arms we would sell but lately it's been just about every day, so we're going to bump inventory on them and try to keep them in stock. Let me know when you want a set and I'll check them myself before they go out just to make sure there aren't any weird issues.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm

djgaston wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm
I'm not 100% sure, I know there have been issues getting our arms to work with Amp steps but I don't think anybody has asked about using them with White Knuckle sliders. I'll try to look some pics up and see. It's hard to make all of this stuff fit together sometimes, but if there is a way to do it we'll be glad to adjust our long arms as long as it doesn't affect the geometry or quality.
I would think it would be easier to cut the front mount on the sliders and re-do those to make it work, rather than change your frame mount. Looking at the pictures on your site, it looks like they mount to the frame in the same spot. So I am thinking something will have to be done no doubt.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Here is where the front mount for the sliders is located...
Attachments
5049CDFD-C7C2-4353-88CB-55532B4D2A55.jpeg

djgaston

Post by djgaston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 pm
I'm not a Danny Gaston or DOR hater. I have one of your steering braces and it's great. With that said you have a habit of relitigating old news. You also have lingering customer service issues. You seem to have the eloquence of a 400lb ballerina in public. From someone who deals with this sort of thing, you'd be better off addressing positive subjects publicly and negative subjects privately. If you really want to resolve the CS complaints, don't obligate your customers to initiate communication, contact them first and replace the product at no cost.
I appreciate the constructive criticism. I guess the way I look at it is if someone is complaining on a forum, people probably want to see it resolved in the open. What I used to do is handle it behind the scenes and then the customer would never post back up, then everyone goes "see he never took care of them!" That happened several times on Cummins Forum. So I started addressing it in the open so everybody can see what I'm doing to take care of it. I would prefer that someone just contact us directly and let us take care of it without it going to forums but that doesn't always happen. And in the past that did happen but we didn't handle it as quickly as we should have, or didn't handle it at all as evidenced with coder's post. All of our products have a lifetime warranty against defects and now we have the staff to handle those issues, we just have to get in contact with people one way or another. I had no idea about coder's issue until I saw this thread, I don't even know his name or order number or anything so I thought it would be easy for him to contact us. I see what you are saying, I could have just as easily PM'ed him and asked for contact info. I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat. As long as people get taken care of I'm not sure that who called who matters as much, but that's my personal opinion, and I could be wrong.