Dodge Off Road brand reliability

If it's about Power Wagons, this is where it'll go.
IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Dodge Off Road brand reliability

Post by IIIOIISTER » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:20 am

I was checking out their Steering Brace and website earlier and was pretty impressed by the array of products they offer. Anyone care to share their first hand experience with DOR products or how they stack up against like products from other competitors? Thanks.
'17 Power Wagon
35" Yokohama Geolander G003
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

Easttnrhino
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: Dodge Off Road brand reliability

Post by Easttnrhino » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am

I have there steering brace and am very pleased. Like the looks of some of their other stuff, just cannot give any experience with anything else.
2017 wagon

DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:34 pm

They randomly have poor fitment issues that I do not understand. Part of it is that their parts have a lower quality plasma cut so sometimes you need to drill holes open to make them work. Sometimes parts come backwards or impossible to fit. They earned a very poor reputation regarding how they handle customer support and have repeatedly stopped relying to customers when they had a problem. However I've heard several recent cases where they were quick to help and send replacement parts. It's a mixed bag with shady history. They have a lot of products and are cheaper than almost anyone else.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm

I purchased a rear diff cover from them, I waited almost 6 months to get it, one of the welds leaked oil and the powder coating is peeling off when I got it, I emailed them about a replacement multiple times and never got a response so I have a $250 diff cover sitting on a shelf in my garage .

They have some quality control and warranty issues and I would not purchase from them again.
Attachments
DOR Rear Diff Cover Leak (with highlight).jpg
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Inferno Red
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Toyo AT II's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

MikeKey
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by MikeKey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:34 pm
They randomly have poor fitment issues that I do not understand. Part of it is that their parts have a lower quality plasma cut so sometimes you need to drill holes open to make them work. Sometimes parts come backwards or impossible to fit. They earned a very poor reputation regarding how they handle customer support and have repeatedly stopped relying to customers when they had a problem. However I've heard several recent cases where they were quick to help and send replacement parts. It's a mixed bag with shady history. They have a lot of products and are cheaper than almost anyone else.
This.

So I purchased the Steering brace, it was shipped out to me fast. But I had some of these random fitment issues. Marcus here had to help me drill out the mounting holes. They were shaped like D's. Really, indicates they might not even do a visual inspection of their products. We had drill out all the holes. I mean the steering brace works great and really tightened up the feel of the steering. It was very noticeable. I'm happy with how it works.

But the owner has kind of a bad reputation if you ask around ... I dunno all second-hand hearsay, so take that with a grain of salt.

I had a mostly neutral opinion, but now I'm kind of leary after my purchase. They're the bottom rung of choices at this point for me.

So seems to be a toss-up. Some have problems, some don't. Their prices are pretty low/attractive on a lot of stuff.

Best advice is BUY WITH CAUTION.

:cheers:
Last edited by MikeKey on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - Moab Tested
[Build Thread] [Instagram]
[Power Wagons in Moab]

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm really neutral about dor. I have their long bent arms. No issues with ordering. No issue with customer service. Product was excellent. Product was shipped exactly when I was told it would. Had to hit a corner of the plate with a grinder for just one bolt clearance (1/4"). Very happy. Yet everyone says stay away. Simply Danny has never done me wrong. So I'm good
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist

TankerZak
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 pm

My DOR steering brace was perfect. No issues. That is all.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 pm

nts007 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:00 pm
I'm really neutral about dor. I have their long bent arms. No issues with ordering. No issue with customer service. Product was excellent. Product was shipped exactly when I was told it would. Had to hit a corner of the plate with a grinder for just one bolt clearance (1/4"). Very happy. Yet everyone says stay away. Simply Danny has never done me wrong. So I'm good

Im one of those guys who will not piss on anybody until they piss on me. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

But, I do like to take all things into consideration, and fact is there have been lots of people flat out fawked over from DOR. I do not personally know any of these people and their cases, but I sure have read many believable stories on the forums.

I have not completely shut their products out yet (many things are very tempting). But I am also not a gambler, so...
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes
- A virgin, other than White Knuckle sliders... and lots of Fluid Film -

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 am

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... 6&start=25

This is the thread to read if you’re curious about DOR products.

MikeKey
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by MikeKey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 am

Colibri wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 am
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... 6&start=25

This is the thread to read if you’re curious about DOR products.
The TLDR version for the lazy.

See below; Danny actually duplicated Thurens website, bought a bunch of domains and then linked them to DOR.
djgaston wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:00 am

The Cummins Forum links are fine, it's fair game. I've always been happy to answer any questions regarding complaints, but the mods on that site have a beef with me that goes back about 10 years and there isn't anything I can do about it on that site. ......

I'm not saying anything negative about Don, as he has done about me and others in the industry for many years. I've known Don longer than anybody on here has. I have spent more money with him than just about anybody, all prior to 2010. You can find complaints on anybody. Some of ours are a bigger deal because they are being egged on by moderators and people affiliated with competitors. As evidenced in this very thread. Plus I used to feed into it and make things worse. If anybody has a legit question or concern, I'm happy to discuss. But I'm way past the chest-thumping stuff. I gave Don a chance to have those domains for free and all I asked was that he apologize for his slanderous statements that have been ongoing for years. He was not able to do that. You really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, but if you want to buy into the drama, that's fine. It's exciting. Have fun with it. I did the domain thing to rib him (and I told him that), I had them for 1.5 years before anybody even noticed. Forgot all about them until he emailed a couple of months ago.
thuren wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 pm
It's too bad this has to be my first post on here! I've been meaning to register for a while, and can't wait to dabble more into the PW's! PW advancement has started, and we will have PW's listed specifically on the website soon. Should have a 2016 PW here for a few days to play with, sooner than later.

I had to register for these comments by Danny. I have never slandered Danny or DOR, though, I have been honest, and that might not come across in a way Danny liked.

Danny I just re-read the email I sent you, that you never felt compelled to respond to. Just left me hanging. I did apologize to you, and I even said I would publicly apologize on DTX for not calling you in person first. Being that I did apologize to you, and you know I did, then you start this out by saying you are not saying anything negative about me, wouldn't you consider these comments slanderous?

Sorry for the drama I just can't let untrue statements go on like this.

Sometimes owner drama is a good indication of whether or not you should get involved with someone or do business with them. How they conduct business outside of their office and how they respond to critics and complaints in the public purview.

:popcorn:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - Moab Tested
[Build Thread] [Instagram]
[Power Wagons in Moab]