more exhaust talk

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

more exhaust talk

Post by Easttnrhino » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:23 pm

I have a 2017 power wagon I cut the dingleberry resonter off almost soon as I got truck home. (hated the look and figured it would be easy to tear off anyway. No unpleaseant drone or noises. Can tell a little better when it goes to 4cyl. Now I want to and a little more aggreisive sound and maybe a little boost in MPG. Having no luck with locals they keep wanting to go to 3" pipe or numerous other things. Hoped to get a muffler just welded in in place of stock, flowmaster or magnaflow still no luck. Wish is was in Texas I would go to Kinneys, but I am not(check out his true duals on youtube). Anyway looks like the mufflex may be my only option, have tried to PM Adeluca 73 and the I cannot get the messages to send. wondering about the mufflex kit wit magnaflow muffler and no resonater, he has that set up and some more of you may also. Curious about drone and how loud in cab, I like a rumble at idle but be able to hear it when you get on it a lttle more than stock, but still want to be able to talk in cab and listen to my outlaw country on XM. I have read so much on hear I am about confussed. But thanks for any help or ideas.
Enjoying beautiful east TN

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: more exhaust talk

Post by Rodeoflyer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Kinneys would charge you $500+ for those 'true duals' you don't need. I'd just install a magnaflow single in/out choosing a length for the sound that pleases you.

I would recommend finding a reputable local shop and going with a longer length than the mufflex (since you've already cut the resonator off) magnaflow straight thru muffler.

My $.02.

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by Easttnrhino » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:10 am

Thanks, keep reading about where the 2 pipes come into one being restrictive and they look that way under truck where they are flattened. That's what I liked about Kenny's he gets rid of that. Have read of some taking about replacing that section, where do you get, I am guessing two 3" into one 3.5". Thanks
Enjoying beautiful east TN

jpbrazill
Model Year: 2006

Post by jpbrazill » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:08 am

Also, keep in mind your factory exhaust (after the y pipe) is mandrel bent (meaning the inner diameter of the exhaust pipe does not decrease like pressbent exhaust). You may actually see a change in your hp/torque curve on a chassis dyno and loose hp. I aggree with Easttnrhino. Go with a Magnaflow 3.5” straight through muffler.
2017 Power Wagon: Granite Crystal: Rambox: 35s, res chop, N-Fab Steps: Deezee tailgate assist: airhorn delete: AVS vent visors:

Aurora, Colorado